Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2018 7:30:49 PM EDT
Ohio has made it to where active duty military are not required to obtain a CCW locence to carry in Ohio. Does this only apply to active duty military who have Ohio residency and ID? Or can someone who is active military in a state that has reciprocity with Ohio carry with military ID? My son is home on leave and has ID from Kentucky, but is an active duty Marine. Just wondering how that would apply to him.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 8:11:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure about this? It is my understanding the law provides an exemption from the training requirements, and a license is still required for concealed carry.

Of course these things are subject to change. I might be behind in my understanding.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 8:36:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 9:09:39 PM EDT
[#3]
That's cool. There's no mention or even a hint of a residency requirement so as long as one has the papers proving training I'd think it's fine. It just says United States.

Of course check the code referred by the website.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 9:12:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's cool. There's no mention or even a hint of a residency requirement so as long as one has the papers proving training I'd think it's fine. It just says United States.
View Quote
That's what I got out of it too. Just looking for any other translations to confirm.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 11:40:31 PM EDT
[#5]
You might call your local Sheriff to see it the can clear this up.
Just my 1/2 cents worth.

PITA45
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 8:02:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm here for a few years so may as well get another one to put in my wallet. What are the training requirements out here? I have my Texas chl that included classroom and range time to get. Wonder if that is enough proof, not going to carry around a copy of my last range card.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm here for a few years so may as well get another one to put in my wallet. What are the training requirements out here? I have my Texas chl that included classroom and range time to get. Wonder if that is enough proof, not going to carry around a copy of my last range card.
View Quote
You will need a certificate of class completion that states the class meets Ohio CCW requirement.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top