Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2021 12:24:35 AM EDT
I stopped at Academy Sports in Columbia today after my VA appointment. Needless to say it was very disappointing. They only had 5 or 6 long guns out and zero hand guns in the cases. The had a few boxes of 380 auto ammo and 4 boxes of 410 bird shot behind the counter and that was pretty much it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:30:42 AM EDT
[#1]
The one in Liberty actually had 9mm yesterday . Hornady defensive loads, not sure which ones, about $27.00 a box IIRC. Picked up the last 3 boxes of .22 for 4.99 a box. They had a couple hand guns and some rifles and shotguns as well. Maybe 10 total guns.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:55:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Academy in Belton had a handful of long guns, I think 1 revolver and of course no ammo.  Guy behind the counter said "we've sold out of ammo every Tue and Fri for 8 months".  

This isn't entirely accurate, but mostly.  Academy has been great about refusing to price gouge, but they are burning through any inventory they receive.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 12:54:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I stopped into Bass Pro in Columbia right after Christmas while I was in town. Much disappoint...... they stock nothing.

We are a bit spoiled in KC...... Scheels has 9mm ALL the time. I have bought over 1000 rounds in the last month just stopping in twice a week. We also have two big Bass Pros and a Cabela's.

I have been racking up the miles on my car making the weekly rounds for powder/ammo.

One place I was getting ammo is now only selling if you buy a gun too..... lolz.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 11:06:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I stopped into Bass Pro in Columbia right after Christmas while I was in town. Much disappoint...... they stock nothing.

We are a bit spoiled in KC...... Scheels has 9mm ALL the time. I have bought over 1000 rounds in the last month just stopping in twice a week. We also have two big Bass Pros and a Cabela's.

I have been racking up the miles on my car making the weekly rounds for powder/ammo.

One place I was getting ammo is now only selling if you buy a gun too..... lolz.
View Quote

If you have a local place with powder, I'd love to know where (or a PM if you don't want to share publicly).
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 10:47:42 PM EDT
[#5]
St. Peters Academy has (irregular) regular deliveries. Got 5.56 several weeks ago, another time 9mm, once they had only "odd" stuff, so I picked up some Norma 30-06 for a new rifle owner friend when they had nothing for me. They have .22 usually when I have gone for the "get there 2 hours before opening" show. I say "irregular", because the delivery days seem to jump around. Monday and "pick a day" it seems. Kind of far for me, but it's still nice to know they won't rape me for rounds if I do make the trip.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 12:59:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If you have a local place with powder, I'd love to know where (or a PM if you don't want to share publicly).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PM Sent
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 1:08:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Ive bought more 9mm and 22, 223/556 from academy in belton since march than any year of my life.

Its getting sporty now. I loved those 500 round packs of 556 and the 800 packs of fed 22lr

I sold a few rounds to help pay for our new vehicle and my surgery.

I really made out when a coworker traded me 6k primers for 600 rounds of my .40 reloads. He still has about 20 pounds of powder I am gonna buy

I will never get caught with my pants downs again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top