User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/2/2021 10:43:02 AM EDT
Well?
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:48:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Likely both.  Better not say build back better.  Folks that string those words together like breaking everything.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:53:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Both,for sure.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:02:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Hopefully the first, but we all know we’ll get the second too. Much like him without brakes, the buck seems to roll downhill.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:14:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Texas Independence on Texas Independence Day!

Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:55:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not holding my breath on Abbott doing anything beyond political posturing/semantics as far as covid restrictions.  I'll be shocked if I can walk around stores tomorrow in Austin without a diaper.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 1:11:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Most likely COVID and my guess is he is going to be eliminating most all capacity limits.  Mask will still be linked to infection rates per county but the rates will be changed from what we have now.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:28:03 PM EDT
[#7]
News yesterday was: hey look at me, I’m more popular than Ted.  Low expectations for hot wheels today.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:44:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
News yesterday was: hey look at me, I’m more popular than Ted.  Low expectations for hot wheels today.
View Quote

Yeah but would have abortion Barbie have done or that thing they tried to run last time done.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 3:53:58 PM EDT
[#9]
All government mandates are removed.
Texas will be open 100%
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 3:55:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Texas will be open 100%
View Quote

Woot!
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 4:20:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow - this is great. Not sure to what extent local government can still enforce their ridiculous mandates. I’d give more kudos to Abbott but he should have never put Texas in this situation to start with.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 4:23:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Wow - this is great. Not sure to what extent local government can still enforce their ridiculous mandates. I’d give more kudos to Abbott but he should have never put Texas in this situation to start with.
View Quote

Tarrant county judge Whitley has already said he won't rescind the mandate yet and hoped that Abbott had waited till spring.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 4:44:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Woot!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Texas will be open 100%

Woot!

WOO HOO!
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 4:55:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Tarrant county judge Whitley has already said he won't rescind the mandate yet and hoped that Abbott had waited till spring.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Abbott said County Judges can't get involved until hospital capacity or infection rates are above a certain point so unless over that sounds like anything they try to do is null and void.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 5:07:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Abbott said County Judges can't get involved until hospital capacity or infection rates are above a certain point so unless over that sounds like anything they try to do is null and void.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know.  Just saying what Whitley's comment was on it after the fact.

Edit: As I said in another thread, he's shown us again why he needs to be replaced.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 5:14:41 PM EDT
[#16]
It's about fucking time governor hotwheels gets his head out of his ass.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 5:17:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Dallas County...Clay Jenkins has got to be fuming over this.  FU Judge.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 5:26:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Texas will be open 100%
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 5:36:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Only a small proportion of the population has actually been vaccinated.

But Texas is Texas so ...
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 5:39:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

And only a small portion of Texas is going to get vaccinated. I think they realize this and are saying fuck it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 5:49:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

As of last week 16.7 percent of the state was vaccinated.  I don’t have the full breakdown in front of me on who has gotten it but a large majority is those are in health care that are at a higher risk on getting it and those that are a higher rate of a bad outcome if they do get it.  Add that with the amount of people that have had COVID along with some political BS on how test are performed and this helps answer why you see a dramatic drop in positive cases.  The percentage of those that are vaccinated should being going up dramatically soon if the J&J vaccine comes in good numbers as it can be given by more locations compared to the other 2 vaccines.  The J&J version should be the silver bullet that we need.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 5:51:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

And only a small portion of Texas is going to get vaccinated. I think they realize this and are saying fuck it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a HUGE backlog of people trying to get in for vaccination, but the .GOV doesn't have the Vaccines to meet the demand of even the very limited groups now qualified.

If vaccination centers were tumbleweed ghost towns, I'd agree with you, but I'm seeing folks spending weeks trying to thread the needle to get their vaccination between the State, the County, the City & Private systems to get COVID Vaccinations.  

Currently only two groups Class I-A (Medical Staff) or Class I-B (Medically Compromised) are eligible for vaccination.  

As crazy as it is for people who already qualify to get an appointment, it will go off the charts bonkers when it opens to those outside of Class I-A & Class I-B.

Not that opening the state up is a BAD thing, but it's like lifting the landing gear retract control while on the takeoff roll before getting enough airspeed.

Guess we'll see if we fly or flop...
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 5:53:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Those that are not wanting to get a vaccine  should not be dictating anything to others.  If they refuse to get it then it’s on them  if they get COVID and they get to pay the stupid tax.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 6:01:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

There is a HUGE backlog of people trying to get in for vaccination, but the .GOV doesn't have the Vaccines to meet the demand of even the very limited groups now qualified.
View Quote

You have to be careful when you see any numbers in the press showing the backlog of people wanting it.  Most of the numbers have not been deduplicated as a large amount of people have singed up for multiple locations hopping to find a shot faster.  At this point if you really wanted to get a shot and you qualify you could most likely get it in a week if your willing to drive.  Thankfully it’s not as bad as it was a month back.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 6:03:47 PM EDT
[#25]
I had my annual checkup with my GP this morning and he asked if I wanted the vaccine or pneumonia shot and I told him no to both.  Surprisingly, he said no problem.
I got the impression he was as fed up with all of this nonsense as we are.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 6:18:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You have to be careful when you see any numbers in the press showing the backlog of people wanting it.  Most of the numbers have not been deduplicated as a large amount of people have singed up for multiple locations hopping to find a shot faster.  At this point if you really wanted to get a shot and you qualify you could most likely get it in a week if your willing to drive.  Thankfully it’s not as bad as it was a month back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No disrespect, but with the limitations of only smallish segment of the population, (Medical, Elderly & Medically compromised) there are still people waiting weeks to get an appointment.  I know that personally.  When the Big Rush comes, (General Population - Open to Everybody) I'm thinking it will make these bottlenecks seem minor.

But again, only time will tell.  

The J&J one shot without special storage requirements vaccine will do much to boost protection WHEN it is widely used in the General Population, but it isn't yet widely distributed, nor is the most significant portion of the population even allowed to get vaccinations.

So looks like we'll see how it all plays out in the next couple of Months.  I hope it goes well, but hope only goes so far when it comes to disease.

Link Posted: 3/2/2021 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

We're still 2nd place behind Florida by quite a bunch of months
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 6:45:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Dallas County...Clay Jenkins has got to be fuming over this.  FU Judge.
View Quote

Fox 4 news said he was. I'm so sick of him showing his worthless face everywhere.
Hey Clay
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No disrespect, but with the limitations of only smallish segment of the population, (Medical, Elderly & Medically compromised) there are still people waiting weeks to get an appointment.  I know that personally.  When the Big Rush comes, (General Population - Open to Everybody) I'm thinking it will make these bottlenecks seem minor.

But again, only time will tell.  

The J&J one shot without special storage requirements vaccine will do much to boost protection WHEN it is widely used in the General Population, but it isn't yet widely distributed, nor is the most significant portion of the population even allowed to get vaccinations.

So looks like we'll see how it all plays out in the next couple of Months.  I hope it goes well, but hope only goes so far when it comes to disease.

View Quote

1/3 of the population is saying they don’t want a vaccine  so those people you take out of the stampede.  The J&J vaccine is already being delivered and now in use but it’s like any other pipeline.  It takes some time to build up but when it does in the next few weeks the amount of places that can give it out will most likely shock you.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 9:15:29 PM EDT
[#30]
I foresee many businesses to still require customers to wear masks until federal level/CDC makes a change.  The question will be to what extent the businesses try to enforce it, most don't want confrontations in their stores or their employees at risk.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 9:54:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Those that are not wanting to get a vaccine  should not be dictating anything to others.  If they refuse to get it then it’s on them  if they get COVID and they get to pay the stupid tax.
View Quote

I know a nurse who got two rounds of the vaccine.

She was sicker than a dog for over a week about 10 days after she got the shot.

What was her sickness? Covid....

Joke is on the people who think this is a miracle drug just like the flu shot.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:09:44 PM EDT
[#32]
... now vote this RINO turd out of office.  Anyone who runs on repealing the old Nuke-war 1970s era government-code emergency act will get my vote, even if its mickey god damn mouse.

Never again, for this jackass that wrecked millions in personal income, jobs, lives due to medical delays, suicide and overdoses for nearly a year.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:21:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:21:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Have no idea what she had.  What did her labs say? How was the test run knowing she had a vaccine?  How long after her second dose did she become sick?  What vaccine did she get?  

The jokes usually on people that don’t understand correlation, causation,  Anecdotes or how medicine works.

But hey I know a guy that died in a car wreck after he drank a coke.  Maybe that not driving while drunk is a dumb law as he died anyways.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:42:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

And their insurance companies shouldn't have to pay for any treatment related to catching COVID-19 if they have been offered a vaccination and refused.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:56:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

And their insurance companies shouldn't have to pay for any treatment related to catching COVID-19 if they have been offered a vaccination and refused.
View Quote

I have no issue with insurance paying.  If you go down that road then you can allow insurance companies to not pay for a stent if you eat Big Macs.

I am just tired of people that are scared to death to go outside their house from trying to dictate if someone is allowed to work in a public area white they get to continue to work in their home.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:35:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you feel that someone with a history of Guillain-Barre syndrome In the immediate family should get the shot????? This person also has RA.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:50:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:01:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm not really seeing this context.

Almost everything i see is folks who want the vaccine and can't yet get it, continue to try to dictate the lives of everyone else.  They're freaking out about no more mask mandate.

People I know (including myself) who have no real plans on getting the vaccine are - generally - going about their daily lives.  COVID - with the exception of having to wear a magic talisman to avoid dealing with karens - is such a low concern as to be almost irrelevant.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:43:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Why did you give an extreme and rare example? The vast majority of people not getting the shot have reasons other than medical risk. Of course if there an increased risk of severe reaction due pre-existing conditions a person shouldn't get the shot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you feel that someone with a history of Guillain-Barre syndrome In the immediate family should get the shot????? This person also has RA.

Why did you give an extreme and rare example? The vast majority of people not getting the shot have reasons other than medical risk. Of course if there an increased risk of severe reaction due pre-existing conditions a person shouldn't get the shot.

Because as much as I appreciate everyones opinion and from what I have seen I believe sanagelo is in the medical field, I dont care for that comment.
And also the example is me
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Almost everything i see is folks who want the vaccine and can't yet get it, continue to try to dictate the lives of everyone else.  They're freaking out about no more mask mandate.

People I know (including myself) who have no real plans on getting the vaccine are - generally - going about their daily lives.  COVID - with the exception of having to wear a magic talisman to avoid dealing with karens - is such a low concern as to be almost irrelevant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was worded bad.  I was trying to say if you don’t want to get a vaccine then it’s on you if you get it and I really don’t care if you get sick at that point and everyone else should not have to adjust to them because now we have “officials” trying to say we need to protect them by not going out and wearing mask.     I also believe that those that are hiding in their house should not be dictating to others that they can’t go out and live their normal lives to.  In other words you are responsible for yourself and nobody else.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:57:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sorry but I can’t answer any of that.  That would need to be a discussion with their physician.  By the way I am not a physician.   Good luck to you and your family and I hope you find the answer your looking for.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:05:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And now they're reducing Covid capacity allotment to goose those percentages..

Abbott needs to have Paxton jail one or two of these fuckers for civil rights violations and fraud.

I said back in March, that we'd have to end up banning masks & Covid restrictions to unwind this bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:07:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

And a goodly portion has contracted & recovered from the virus, which is the same thing as far as contagiousness.

We're done.  It's over.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:09:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Turnabout is fair play, and we've been paying the stupid Doomers' taxes for them for a fucking year.

Enough already.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:11:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If my parents' experience is any guide, there is massive, crippling inefficiency in the vaccine rollout.  They make everyone get a reservation, then people flake & miss their appointment, then their dose sits around until it spoils or diligent medical administrators rustle up some backups.  Huge amount of vaccine spoilage still occurring, hence why they are relaxing the storage requirements as a stop-gap.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:15:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

And now they're reducing Covid capacity allotment to goose those percentages...
View Quote

????

Are you trying to say that they are reducing licensed beds for hospitals.  Not really sure hospital would be up for that without a fight .

Maybe your confusing how some facilities are converting their COVID units back to what they were before like med surg units.   When I looked at what the governor released it just said 15% capacity for the total beds.  I know that several hospitals have recently released some of their travel staff because the over all census especially COVID counts has gone way down for them.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:30:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meanwhile, my dad;
-Felt funny for a day, he thinks
-Had a biopsy for a possible skull tumor causing severe headaches delayed for a month because he tested positive for the illness he had apparently caught a month earlier
-Got bumped up on the vaccine priority list *because* he had recovered from Covid (tell me that makes any sense at all) and was told he had to get it to receive medical care
-Had an ENT do an 'off the books/after hours' examination in violation of normal protocols because he was afraid my dad could be dying during all these delays (thankfully some non-invasive intervention seems to have helped him recover on his own, so far, turns out it was a serious infection & he's slowly beating it)
-Got the first shot, felt funny
-Got the second shot, laid the fuck out for three days, still sore/tired a week later
-Finally scheduled for biopsy surgery in several weeks, but maybe not since he got lucky & the serious infection appears to be waning.

So basically he was denied medical care for a serious condition for no reason, and given a vaccine in short supply/extreme demand for no reason, and was lucky enough to pull through on his own strength in the end.  Oh, and nothing but Tylenol for his severe migraines all the while, becuz war on opiates (nevermind it's fucking rough on an older man's liver)

And this is a fairly wealthy man with good health insurance, mind you.

We're diving headlong into the insane inefficiency and waste of a tyrannical socialist system, and the fucking Doomers are cheering how much their hair is being blown back by the ride.

Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:34:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

????

Are you trying to say that they are reducing licensed beds for hospitals.  Not really sure hospital would be up for that without a fight .

Maybe your confusing how some facilities are converting their COVID units back to what they were before like med surg units.   When I looked at what the governor released it just said 15% capacity for the total beds.  I know that several hospitals have recently released some of their travel staff because the over all census especially COVID counts has gone way down for them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And now they're reducing Covid capacity allotment to goose those percentages...

????

That's the reports out of Houston; total available beds for Covid being reduced so the % occupied remains elevated.  Why would hospitals *necessarily* fight this, given tremendous political pressure by one of their biggest customers and most powerful overseers?
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:41:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

If my parents' experience is any guide, there is massive, crippling inefficiency in the vaccine rollout.  They make everyone get a reservation, then people flake & miss their appointment, then their dose sits around until it spoils or diligent medical administrators rustle up some backups.  Huge amount of vaccine spoilage still occurring, hence why they are relaxing the storage requirements as a stop-gap.
View Quote

I don’t have the data for all vax sights in Texas but what I have been related to the waste is very minimal and the goal is to have zero and they come very damn close to it if not meeting that goal every time.  Some of the areas that do have waste is where the liberal government officials stick their neck into it to much and claim racism.  There Is a doctor in the Houston area they are trying to prosecute because they don’t think he was being equitable with how he gave it out.  He had one does remaining and only 15 mins left before it had to be wasted.  He tried as hard as he could to give it to a person that was “qualified for it”. When nobody showed up that he called he finally gave it to his wife because the only other option was to send it down the drain.  Other clinics where the government are not involved they keep list of backups to give it to and will give it to anyone that is willing to receive it that shows up like care givers that show up with those that were scheduled.

The main issue with the reservation system is the lack of central registration.  I would guess a majority of the no shows are people that are registering with multiple clinics and don’t bother to cancel any duplicate visits and or don’t have the ability to cancel.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top