Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2018 2:21:36 PM EDT
I received a letter from Chris Cox NRA-ILA today. My email Inbox regularly receives mail from Ollie North, Chris Cox, and Wayne LaPierre.

The one commonality in all this is solicitation of money using Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt. FUD. The letter today could have been written by Aaron- it was exactly the same as he used to write when he wasted his stamps on me.

I'm not a complainer, but this is getting tiring. I generally contribute to NRA-PVF and NRA-ILA once a year. I don't need them to waste my contributions and time with endless "chicken little" communications back at me.

Enough, already. Lance, Clel- are you listening??
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 5:29:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I agree! They get carried away with it! One can't tell if they are just fund raising, or are in dire straits? When I got my life membership I had to tell them no more phone solicitations, as they were running into the ground.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 9:59:35 AM EDT
[#2]
You just now noticed the use of FUD tactics by the NRA?
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:48:44 AM EDT
[#3]
No I noticed years ago when I bought yearly memberships and had no choice on the phone call fund raising. I quit several times over it, and bought a lifetime membership to eliminate the yearly re join crap. But that was after I also learned that you can specify no phone calls! However it doesn't stop the barrage of emails and paper mail. I can at least deal with that part though.

I do believe in the NRA. I just wish they lay off the constant "send us money" annoyance!
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 9:26:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I agree! They get carried away with it! One can't tell if they are just fund raising, or are in dire straits? When I got my life membership I had to tell them no more phone solicitations, as they were running into the ground.
View Quote
IMHO its dire straits.  Bloomberg alone has pledged 80 million dollars to swing the house and senate at mid terms this year.  NRA-ILA will be able to afford a fraction of that.
The left is running on a "gun ban" platform, they are no longer hiding it in the closet.  Remember what Dianne Feinstein said on 60 Minutes, "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them -- Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in -- I would have done it."  
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 12:11:42 PM EDT
[#5]
They've used that tactic for years. It's exhausting trying to read their mail.

The NRA came out and supported the bump stock ban last year.

So in my mind, until things change, it's "What have you done for me lately?"
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top