Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2021 8:11:15 AM EDT
OK lets not debate if getting a vaccine is good or not.  Different subject.  This is about the web page the state is using for those who want to get the vaccine.  I have been trying off and on since I became eligible as a 1B category.  What a cluster fudge that web site is.

First off, you have to register and sign in.  OK great.  But once you've done that why in hell do you have to re-enter address, ethnicity, insurance info etc every time.  Why doesn't it keep that data in.  So OK they just don't have the concept of saving you time.

For a while now I've tried finding an open slot.  Never there.  Was beginning to wonder if I'm doing something wrong.  Finally this AM at 4:45 in the morning I find an opening.  I choose it.  It takes me to some more pages where I have to enter data and click I accept and shit.  OK no worry.  Except by the time I do that the slot is now taken.  

Starting to feel like Charlie Brown and Lucy holds the football.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 11:55:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, it is a poorly designed and implemented website.  The sad thing is the state had a lot of time to work on it, but it appears they threw it together in a day.

My parents were finally able to navigate through it and schedule their appointments.  So, I guess it does work.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 6:19:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I am going to give this a try, probably next week.  I figure that by then it's possible that my age group might be eligible in the far & outside dates.  

Philosophical & rhetorical question:  Do you really want the State to retain your demographic information (age, ethnicity, race, gender, etc.) in a database that can be hacked?
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 9:02:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am going to give this a try, probably next week.  I figure that by then it's possible that my age group might be eligible in the far & outside dates.  

Philosophical & rhetorical question:  Do you really want the State to retain your demographic information (age, ethnicity, race, gender, etc.) in a database that can be hacked?
View Quote

Not crazy about being in any database but accept the reality that I already am.  Just want the vaccine

Link Posted: 1/30/2021 2:50:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Prefer not to answer and unknown are choices for race and ethnicity.

They're also asking gender, a social construct which has been shoved down our throats can oscillate faster than the quartz in a wristwatch. They're not asking biological sex.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top