Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2019 9:21:32 PM EDT
Was a little surprised by car insurance rate increase when I moved here. The insurer gave the reason of many "uninsured motorists" in the state.

Can you guy's let me know who you're using and approx what you pay?

I might shop around a little...

I'm at about $155 per month for a few year old Mazda sedan with Full coverage.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:48:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I just renewed with gieco. I have auto and home .

2006 truck with full coverage . 370 for 6 months
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:44:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Fountain hills. State Farm.
We have my wife’s car, truck, and my DD for 330 a month. That said the truck get 10k, wife’s car gets 15k, and my dd gets 34k miles a year.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 8:49:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Clarkdale, AZ  and Farmers Insurance

$548 for six months full coverage on both a 2018 Jeep Wrangler and a 2013 F150 with under 15K mi. a year. That also includes our 2011 Travel trailer and we have a $500 deductible.

We both have spotless driving records, live in a smaller town and dont drive a lot of miles. We also have good health care coverage through work so we choose less medical coverage on our car insurance. We did notice that when we moved here that insurance is about 25 percent higher than where we came from in the Midwest. We originally went with Geico, then tried State Farm, but Farmers ended up the cheapest since we bought our house and bundled it all together. Uninsured motorists seems to be a big issue up here too and about every other wreck I hear about is either hit and run or uninsured.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 2:12:44 PM EDT
[#4]
State Farm.    For my 2002 Dodge Dakota I have full coverage including no deductible glass, $281 / 6 months.    $500 deductible 100/300
For my 2018 Buick Enclave, $466 / 6 months    $500 Deductible   100/300

I may pay a bit more, but peace of mind that State Farm takes care of everything, i have never had an issue or denial of anything.  Been with them almost 30 years.

ETA I have home and auto, that works out for both vehicles at $125 a month
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 7:45:01 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife lived down there when we got married in 2017. She moved to CO, but we are moving back to AZ now. We are closing on a house in February so I had to get home owner's insurance quotes and went ahead and got auto quotes. Farmer's was similar to what my State Farm is here for the auto policies. The State Farm agency I talked to down there is significantly less than what I am paying State Farm here.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 8:10:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Travelers. House and auto. Auto is $80 month, full coverage since it's new.

State Farm likes to play with your policy and change it every month.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 7:56:50 PM EDT
[#7]
One thing missing from all these responses is coverage limits. I have Geico for two cars and RV. 1mil/1mil in coverage and pay 160ish a month.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 12:42:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Changed from State Farm to Geico and my auto insurance bill dropped 2/3rds...  State Farm told me all the horror stories, none of them panned out.  Geico does seem to cheap out a bit more when it comes to repairs and shops that are on their preferred list.  But who cares, not worth paying 3x.

If you have a specialty car that is difficult to repair, get Haggertys or a specialized collector car insurance.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 10:52:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
State Farm.

I may pay a bit more, but peace of mind that State Farm takes care of everything, i have never had an issue or denial of anything.  Been with them almost 30 years.
View Quote
State Farm as well, since 1986.
Home, auto, life, personal liability, rider policy on guns and kit.

I could save a few bucks with someone else, but in the long run, it would not be worth it.
State Farm's customer service makes it an easy decision to stay with them.

Jay
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 2:04:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One thing missing from all these responses is coverage limits. I have Geico for two cars and RV. 1mil/1mil in coverage and pay 160ish a month.
View Quote
<--- Insurance Agent

PSA: I understand you're trying to help the OP but please don't post your liability limits on a public forum, you never know who's reading here.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 3:11:40 PM EDT
[#11]
State Farm for house, hot rods, and Harley.  Geico for newer door slammers. On the newer trucks, Geico was half of what State Farm wanted.

I have had two claims settled by Geico before I picked them.  They don't mess around.  Anyone that says they are substandard is probably a competitor.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:38:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks everyone, the common theme is I'm not using any of the same insurers you guys are so I have to shop around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top