Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2023 6:16:46 PM EDT
I keep placing order after order as I keep remembering little things I might need.  Let's help each other out, and list items that people may overlook.

Roller locks:
*extra + rollers in various sizes
*roller plates
*extractors & lots of extractor springs
*extra push pins

AR15:
*Muzzle shim kits (if you ever think you will get a suppressor that fits on a flash hider)
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 8:29:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I just bought a couple of cheap PSA uppers that I will never put on a gun but will cannibalize for parts as needed including eventually the barrel, which is ultimately a wear part too.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 8:59:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Action springs and extractor springs are the parts I have seen fail most frequently on ARs from sustained use.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 1:36:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Action springs and extractor springs are the parts I have seen fail most frequently on ARs from sustained use.
View Quote

I'd go bolt carrier group to be safe

Link Posted: 3/15/2023 2:07:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Gas rings, extractors, extractor springs, firing pins, firing pin retaining pins, bolts, buffer springs, hammer and trigger springs, charging handles.

All these are things that break and or wear out.

And if you use a can, this accelerates wear on quite a few of these things.

Link Posted: 3/15/2023 6:55:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Gas rings, extractors, extractor springs, firing pins, firing pin retaining pins, bolts, buffer springs, hammer and trigger springs, charging handles.

All these are things that break and or wear out.

View Quote

I did a no clean abuse test 20 years ago. The cam pin broke after a few thousand rounds.

Ammo was . 08 cpr, we were basically trying to light guns on fire
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 1:56:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I did a no clean abuse test 20 years ago. The cam pin broke after a few thousand rounds.

Ammo was . 08 cpr, we were basically trying to light guns on fire
View Quote

Sounds like a good time.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 2:19:28 PM EDT
[#7]
If you’re considering a suppressor for a SA rifle, pick up a host muzzle device.

Lots of Aero components in stock at Securite’ in Woodinville, and 5% off when you tell them ‘Bill sent me’. Of course, the WA25 discount is still out there when you buy direct from Aero.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 3:03:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Things I've burned through.  Bolts, gas tube, gas rings, disconector.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 5:10:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

AR15:
*Muzzle shim kits (if you ever think you will get a suppressor that fits on a flash hider)
View Quote

Question on the ban: shim kits can be used for various rifles. Say I have a bolt gun that I want to run my suppressor on. Because they could be used on banned rifle, does that mean they are a no-go to WA?
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 6:38:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Question on the ban: shim kits can be used for various rifles. Say I have a bolt gun that I want to run my suppressor on. Because they could be used on banned rifle, does that mean they are a no-go to WA?
View Quote

Honestly, I think it is a "wait and see" for how various companies will react with what they decide to sell to Washington State.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 10:20:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I believe the parts or any combination of parts came from the recent ghost gun ban. They were trying to find a way to ban a lower receiver that was not yet completed. Other states have similar language in their.AWB and you can still get all the parts but the lower. As far as I know no other AWB state bans parts like BCG or gas rings. If Bob starts suing local FFLs for selling lower parts kits I would think this bill would be tossed out in short order and if not a road trip is always fun.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:32:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
My bootleg adjustable BCG's just came in today
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:34:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Things I've burned through.  Bolts, gas tube, gas rings, disconector.
View Quote

Really??
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 9:36:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If you’re considering a suppressor for a SA rifle, pick up a host muzzle device.

Lots of Aero components in stock at Securite’ in Woodinville, and 5% off when you tell them ‘Bill sent me’. Of course, the WA25 discount is still out there when you buy direct from Aero.
View Quote

What is a good host for a suppressor? Any recommendations for a .30Cal gun? Is there a "universal" host? I'm a ways from getting a suppressor so I haven't done my research yet, so a quick run down would be appreciated. Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 11:48:59 AM EDT
[#15]
If I was end of times part shopping I would pay a visit to damage industries.

Link Posted: 3/17/2023 12:46:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What is a good host for a suppressor? Any recommendations for a .30Cal gun? Is there a "universal" host? I'm a ways from getting a suppressor so I haven't done my research yet, so a quick run down would be appreciated. Thank you.
View Quote

I honestly don’t know if there is a universal host. I just said the heck with it and painted myself into a corner for a Surefire SOCOM suppressor for my LMT .308 with this:

Warcomp 3 prong
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 12:36:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I honestly don’t know if there is a universal host. I just said the heck with it and painted myself into a corner for a Surefire SOCOM suppressor for my LMT .308 with this:

Warcomp 3 prong
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Warcomp 3 prong

Just got one in 5.56, now I'll have to get one for .308 too. Thanks for thr info.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 8:12:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Maybe this is a stupid question, but this whole AWB law is anyway.

Do Glock pistol parts fall under this AWB parts ban section?

I know that threaded barrels do, but assumed that the rest of Glock pistol parts didn't...????

Also, will pistol grips (like Magpul MOE) fall under this AWB?

Link Posted: 4/9/2023 9:34:52 PM EDT
[#19]
I think the answer is, nobody knows yet. Unfortunately
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 10:16:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Maybe this is a stupid question, but this whole AWB law is anyway.

Do Glock pistol parts fall under this AWB parts ban section?

I know that threaded barrels do, but assumed that the rest of Glock pistol parts didn't...????

Also, will pistol grips (like Magpul MOE) fall under this AWB?

View Quote

Yeah, truly it is a big damned mystery. Mags were a pretty binary thing: either they are <=10 rds, or they are not - and not legal to buy. Simple enough. For this whole AWB, the general consensus has been Ferguson wants this to be so vague that he has the widest possible latitude to sue a retailer/dealer/distributor for whatever perceived slight against his fragile, hoplophobic ego.

Honestly, Two-dogs, I would just buy whatever you think you need. I can semi-confidently say that it's *possible* we don't have to worry about accessories like sling attachments and light or optic components...maybe. Since they aren't unique to an 'AW'. Same could be said for grips, but it seems to be murky on that one since the concept of a 'pistol grip' has been so solidified as an 'evil feature' that a retailer wouldn't sell you one that could be used on a semi-auto out of an abundance of caution - even if it was for a bolt gun. Hell, I even ordered a couple sets of Rail Scales (those in their G10 material are the cat's ass of M-LOK rail covers IMNSHO). They *might* not be impacted, but again I might not be able to get them later if RailScales as a company stops WA sales since they'd worry that product would be perceived as an 'evil feature' that is somehow related to a 'forward pistol grip', even though that would be a stretch.

ETA thanks for your patience with my word salad. We are truly sailing into uncharted waters on this whole thing.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:16:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Worst case on parts, for a non serialized part you should be able to buy it in another State and bring it home legally so long as doing so doesn't create a new assault weapon.

Might make it harder to get stuff that's usually only available online though
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:35:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Just got one in 5.56, now I'll have to get one for .308 too. Thanks for thr info.
View Quote

Sizlin’, you’re very welcome. Forgive me for not responding sooner ??
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 12:49:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yeah, truly it is a big damned mystery. Mags were a pretty binary thing: either they are <=10 rds, or they are not - and not legal to buy. Simple enough. For this whole AWB, the general consensus has been Ferguson wants this to be so vague that he has the widest possible latitude to sue a retailer/dealer/distributor for whatever perceived slight against his fragile, hoplophobic ego.

Honestly, Two-dogs, I would just buy whatever you think you need. I can semi-confidently say that it's *possible* we don't have to worry about accessories like sling attachments and light or optic components...maybe. Since they aren't unique to an 'AW'. Same could be said for grips, but it seems to be murky on that one since the concept of a 'pistol grip' has been so solidified as an 'evil feature' that a retailer wouldn't sell you one that could be used on a semi-auto out of an abundance of caution - even if it was for a bolt gun. Hell, I even ordered a couple sets of Rail Scales (those in their G10 material are the cat's ass of M-LOK rail covers IMNSHO). They *might* not be impacted, but again I might not be able to get them later if RailScales as a company stops WA sales since they'd worry that product would be perceived as an 'evil feature' that is somehow related to a 'forward pistol grip', even though that would be a stretch.

ETA thanks for your patience with my word salad. We are truly sailing into uncharted waters on this whole thing.
View Quote

Yah I think you're right.  They're just looking for the most vague language they can get passed and counting on the fear from manufacturers and vendors so they don't dare ship parts to WA!  

Uncharted waters is right sadly.  

Thanks for all the responses.  I went ahead and bought some additional Glock pistols parts and AR pistol grips...just in case.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 2:06:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yah I think you're right.  They're just looking for the most vague language they can get passed and counting on the fear from manufacturers and vendors so they don't dare ship parts to WA!  

Uncharted waters is right sadly.  

Thanks for all the responses.  I went ahead and bought some additional Glock pistols parts and AR pistol grips...just in case.
View Quote

Good man!

What I’ve loved about the WA forum as of late is I’ve seen all of us start to gravitate toward a much stronger position of mutual support and camaraderie over all this. Admittedly I’m not always the best in my answers or commentary, but glad we are trying not to eat our own as much as possible
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 2:22:48 AM EDT
[#25]
What about spare carrier keys?  Good idea or unnecessary?
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 3:34:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What about spare carrier keys?  Good idea or unnecessary?
View Quote
@FishKepr

Ive debated that myself. Never heard of a gas key break though, but the retaining pin can break or get lost. However you could make one or buy a similar cotter key at the hardware store. I think other than the carrier is fairly boolit proof.

Ive read its mostly bolts and bolt parts that break. Handy to have those small parts and complete bolts around. Check here, this guy has Colt bolts for $50 ea

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/New-Colt-bolts-50-Dark-Grey-Charging-handles-30/22-2324812/

Link Posted: 4/10/2023 3:40:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What I’ve loved about the WA forum as of late is I’ve seen all of us start to gravitate toward a much stronger position of mutual support and camaraderie over all this. Admittedly I’m not always the best in my answers or commentary, but glad we are trying not to eat our own as much as possible
View Quote
Youve been on the site almost as long as I have. Remember when WaHTF was lively and full of people? Then there was a purge or exodus or something bout 10yrs ago and it came to a screeching halt. Dont know what happened exactly but its nice to see people here again.

Link Posted: 4/10/2023 8:32:40 AM EDT
[#28]
I’ve bought a shit mega-ton of parts, mainly AR and a few AK parts. If any of my HKs or FNs goes down, I have to deal with that, if and when it comes.

I’m sure that the postman and UPS are wondering what’s up with all the brown box deliveries!

Now, the fun part, organizing all this shit.

Regardless, I’m hoping (Praying) it gets tossed out before the end of the year… At the federal level since it’s not happening at the state level with our communist court system.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 8:36:07 AM EDT
[#29]
There are some people who have been buying parts and ammo for many years.
FJI and FBF.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 11:13:19 AM EDT
[#30]
I placed another with RTB over the weekend and specified USPS Priority.  I got the shipping notice and it looks like the gave me a free upgrade to FedEx 2-day.

EDIT:  It was a mistake. They cancelled the FedEx label and shipped it via USPS.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 6:37:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Ha!! Too funny!!

As long as it’s in the mail, it’s all good.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 3:56:50 PM EDT
[#32]
So if I plan to get a suppressor, what else should I get besides a muzzle adapter? DA Xeno adapter arrived today.

Already have extra bolt assemblies and an H2 buffer.

Considering:
Adjustable carrier key
Lots of rings
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 4:01:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So if I plan to get a suppressor, what else should I get besides a muzzle adapter? DA Xeno adapter arrived today.

Already have extra bolt assemblies and an H2 buffer.

Considering:
Adjustable carrier key
Lots of rings
View Quote

Spare gas tubes (if youre going with adjustable key or BCG)

I went full BCG

https://palmettostatearmory.com//bootleg-four-position-ar-15-adjustable-carrier-black-bp-c15-d.html
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 5:42:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Just got in QD flash hiders for my YHM suppressor I have in Atf limbo land. What a cluster fuck!
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:55:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Got may last order of parts in today, so I'm basically done.  Time to batten down the hatches and ride out this freaking storm.

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 12:34:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Got may last order of parts in today, so I'm basically done.  Time to batten down the hatches and ride out this freaking storm.

View Quote

I keep thinking that, then remember random things that I need that necessitate another order!
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 12:59:00 AM EDT
[#37]
I know a lot of people stress over M-16/AR-15 gas rings. When I went to a reputable AR manufacturer's armorer course I learned it was not a big deal.

Studies had shown that using just one ring, instead of the normal three rings still cycled the weapon reliably.

Yes, have extra rings on hand, but you do not need a large amount of rings if you are not shooting a large amount of ammo.

Gas rings I have replaced in the past after thousands of rounds would have most likely gone thousands of more rounds.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:30:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I know a lot of people stress over M-16/AR-15 gas rings. When I went to a reputable AR manufacturer's armorer course I learned it was not a big deal.

Studies had shown that using just one ring, instead of the normal three rings still cycled the weapon reliably.

Yes, have extra rings on hand, but you do not need a large amount of rings if you are not shooting a large amount of ammo.

Gas rings I have replaced in the past after thousands of rounds would have most likely gone thousands of more rounds.
View Quote

Oh sure, now you tell me.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 12:04:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Youve been on the site almost as long as I have. Remember when WaHTF was lively and full of people? Then there was a purge or exodus or something bout 10yrs ago and it came to a screeching halt. Dont know what happened exactly but its nice to see people here again.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would bet the WA539 or whatever the bill that killed private sales was killed lots of firearm interest and fun. You could buy milsurp in a Walmart parking lot and no one thought it was weird.

The left has been conditioning people to fear and hate guns.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 1:15:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
@FishKepr

Ive debated that myself. Never heard of a gas key break though, but the retaining pin can break or get lost. However you could make one or buy a similar cotter key at the hardware store. I think other than the carrier is fairly boolit proof.

Ive read its mostly bolts and bolt parts that break. Handy to have those small parts and complete bolts around. Check here, this guy has Colt bolts for $50 ea

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/New-Colt-bolts-50-Dark-Grey-Charging-handles-30/22-2324812/
View Quote

+1. This guy is GTG- the Colt bolts I bought came with the “gold” (copper plated) extractor springs + the polymer inserts. The Colt charging handles are very nice as well. Buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 7:37:13 PM EDT
[#41]
I’ll leave this link here, since it looks like we might have a few more days to get orders in.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/High_round_count_AR_M4_s__over_100_000_rounds__and_how_they_have_handled_on_our_range/118-677135/?
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:03:22 PM EDT
[#42]
I just bought an extra complete upper with a full upper and lower parts kit from PSA. Basically a whole extra gun minus the lower. That includes every possible part including the barrel. On top of that I picked up an extra complete tookcraft bolt carrier group and on top of that a field repair kit and an extra gas tube.

Reality is I have several working AR's and if I really had to I could cannibalize a couple of them for parts anyway so even the PSA stuff wasn't needed.

So I think I went a little overboard but oh well
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 12:34:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I’ll leave this link here, since it looks like we might have a few more days to get orders in.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/High_round_count_AR_M4_s__over_100_000_rounds__and_how_they_have_handled_on_our_range/118-677135/?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Thats a great AAR. Ive got all my bases covered for the parts he says break often. But something we all have to take into account when feeling stressed about not having enough spare bolts, barrels, cam pins, etc.... Ron says this on page 8:
We do have a few semi-auto's that we use as "precision" rifles and they have been problem free. They don't see 1/10th the ammo count and they are not abused but they still get a decent work out that most owners wouldn't put their rifles through.

Link Posted: 4/23/2023 4:27:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

A bunch of whiney bitches joined, complained their feelings were hurt, so the ban hammer came out, those who were not banned, and those who were warned just quit coming here. Now their gone but the damage has been done. Remember the substitute site? Shooters NW I think?  Even years upon years since I’ve been there.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 4:32:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I just bought an extra complete upper with a full upper and lower parts kit from PSA. Basically a whole extra gun minus the lower. That includes every possible part including the barrel. On top of that I picked up an extra complete tookcraft bolt carrier group and on top of that a field repair kit and an extra gas tube.

Reality is I have several working AR's and if I really had to I could cannibalize a couple of them for parts anyway so even the PSA stuff wasn't needed.

So I think I went a little overboard but oh well
View Quote

I think I need to snag a couple more gas tubes just to be safe then I think I’m good?
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 2:08:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Is there anything not in stock that you guys would need now now before the cutoff? I already have an EE ad sale to mail out tomorrow so going to post office is no big deal as I already have plans for it either before or after my hospital appointment. I have nearly everything with the exception to triggers and barrels, and would only ask to replace including any tax and shipping to you and from the place for me to buy exact replacements from. I don't want a penny from you folks, just to replace what I have on hand already.

I know it sucks to pay the extra because of BS politicians, but it's the best I got to help what I can with what I already have. Everything is new new, FYI so you wouldn't be taken for used wares either.

As for magazines I cannot offer my Okays because they are now gone from the magazine business, but I won't mind my Pmag NIBs, Duramags NIB, and Lancers NIB. I even have the tan follower magazines I believe from Center. G17 NIB, as well as 308 Pmags NIB.

If someone with deep pockets wants to help save me some crazy postage and preventing headache of keeping track to what is going to whom and buy what I have and have you folks divvy it up later, that would be great

Mods, if you feel that this post doesn't belong here, then I apologize and delete. I just want to help with what I can.

No emails fellas, site DM.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 2:00:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I think I need to snag a couple more gas tubes just to be safe then I think I’m good?
View Quote
@mstennes

Typical wear items to invested in gas system wise: gas tubes(if heavy firing schedule) and cam pins. Carrier wise get a couple keys or have spare carriers. Midway has nitride carriers for a great price! BCM sells ges keys w/screws for $20

Ive been researching and of all the BCG parts the cam pins are the most common wear item. Especially for carbine gas system. Cutting edge bullets has correct tool steel extractors (so they claim) BTW. I think for carbines its good to have everything to rebuild a bolt. Carbines are hard suposidly harder on BCG parts than rifles are.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 12:35:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Is there anything not in stock that you guys would need now now before the cutoff? I already have an EE ad sale to mail out tomorrow so going to post office is no big deal as I already have plans for it either before or after my hospital appointment. I have nearly everything with the exception to triggers and barrels, and would only ask to replace including any tax and shipping to you and from the place for me to buy exact replacements from. I don't want a penny from you folks, just to replace what I have on hand already.

I know it sucks to pay the extra because of BS politicians, but it's the best I got to help what I can with what I already have. Everything is new new, FYI so you wouldn't be taken for used wares either.

As for magazines I cannot offer my Okays because they are now gone from the magazine business, but I won't mind my Pmag NIBs, Duramags NIB, and Lancers NIB. I even have the tan follower magazines I believe from Center. G17 NIB, as well as 308 Pmags NIB.

If someone with deep pockets wants to help save me some crazy postage and preventing headache of keeping track to what is going to whom and buy what I have and have you folks divvy it up later, that would be great

Mods, if you feel that this post doesn't belong here, then I apologize and delete. I just want to help with what I can.

No emails fellas, site DM.
View Quote

I don’t need anything but I would just like to say thank you. We, as in gun owners, need more people like you. It will become even more vital when vendors will refuse to ship anything.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 4:58:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I don’t need anything but I would just like to say thank you. We, as in gun owners, need more people like you. It will become even more vital when vendors will refuse to ship anything.
View Quote

No problem.

I already had one reach out already, and if he's reading this, hit your DM for my response with contact info and what I can provide.

Also to note I just assembled an upper. Bootleg lightweight no assist upper, FCD EPC, BCM BCG, Radian Raptor SL, BCM QRF12, BCM BFH 14.5 P&W with a Surefire SFMB. Unfortunately it's all used as it came from an EE deal and I had in mind to treat as a spare complete with light and Aimpoint just in case I had a bad malfunction for any future carbine classes. But it's an option and I am sorry that nothing is new new and you'd be paying for new parts as replacements but it's the best I got with a shit situation you guys are having

Either way, I can help with what I have with what I do have. I am not a paid member anymore so I can cannot subscribe to answer any questions, so either send an @ or use DM, please (no I am not asking nor am I trying to manipulate others to pay for one either, because that would be taking advantage and that's a scumbag thing to do).

V/R, a friend in AZ to the good folk in WA state.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top