Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2022 11:56:34 AM EDT
The Maryland, NJ and Hawaii cases all dealing with AWBs, mag laws and carry laws were all GVR'd this morning in light of the Thomas ruling!!!!!

It's. on.

Basically means all the BS NY is trying to pass, and all the BS the have passed, is TOAST.

Yeah it'll take years to affirm in the NY/lower courts...but the DAs are on notice and see the writing on the wall. They ain't gonna successfully prosecute anymore.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 12:10:54 PM EDT
[#1]
My credit card will be on fire the day the safe act is undone. I can't wait for the liberal tears to flow.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 12:16:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My credit card will be on fire the day the safe act is undone. I can't wait for the liberal tears to flow.
View Quote

I mean it's done already.

Now we just wait for stores to ship to us.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 12:20:09 PM EDT
[#3]
What this really means is the court is serious about this ruling. Telling lower courts not to fuck around.

Yes in the short term we will have to deal with a bunch of new revenge laws...but they will all be gone soon.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 2:50:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I’d not expect the corrupted appellate courts to rule exactly as they should.  They’ll just find another BS way to leave the violation door open.  Their interest balancing they used wasn’t supported by fact or statistics to begin with, it was just a means to judicial legislating.  Californias 9th may rule properly depending on the judges; I’d not expect much relief from the 4th.   Then it can be appealed to SCOTUS yet again.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 4:29:30 PM EDT
[#5]
NJ AWB case is going back to 2nd Circuit, correct? If so, bye-bye unSafe Act.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 5:00:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same! I hate credit card debt but there are a few goodies I’d love to grab, plus crates of mags…
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 5:59:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know what GVR means?
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 6:03:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I don't know what GVR means?
View Quote

Cert granted, decision vacated and remanded, in other words, sent back to the lower court for a new decision consistant with Bruen.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh wow
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, NJ is 3rd circuit, NY is 2nd.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 6:35:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was gonna say the same. Does anyone know if we still have cases in progress related to any of this stuff or will they need to start from scratch?
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 7:03:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Was gonna say the same. Does anyone know if we still have cases in progress related to any of this stuff or will they need to start from scratch?
View Quote

I don't remember. Probably have to start anew.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 7:27:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

I also wanted to add that the New Jersey case is not an AWB per se but their ban on standard capacity magazines. I believe California's standard capacity magazine ban (Saint Benitez's overturned ruling?) was also remanded for review by the 9th. The AWB case that was remanded for review was Maryland's 2013 AWB.

It is going to be a busy summer for the Circuit, or lower, courts reviewing all these cases under Bruen. It will be interesting to see what, if any, mental gymnastics they come up with to keep the existing rulings in place.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:10:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The Maryland, NJ and Hawaii cases all dealing with AWBs, mag laws and carry laws were all GVR'd this morning in light of the Thomas ruling!!!!!

It's. on.

Basically means all the BS NY is trying to pass, and all the BS the have passed, is TOAST.

Yeah it'll take years to affirm in the NY/lower courts...but the DAs are on notice and see the writing on the wall. They ain't gonna successfully prosecute anymore.
View Quote

So rights on hold for as long as the Safe Act has been in place or as long as the Sullivan Act was in place?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top