Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2018 4:34:09 PM EDT
In WV if you purchase or transfer a firearm through a FFL and you have a concealed carry permit, the FFL doesn't have to call your info to NICS.

In the past few weeks the FBI NICS process has changed and we now have to give the ATF more info about the transferee, including your driving license number and expiration.

So, if you don't want to give the FBI that info just because you decide to purchase a gun, go get your carry permit.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 7:45:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Isn't your permit number the same as your DL number? Mine is.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 10:03:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Mine is not.  Maybe that's how your county does it.

Either way it doesn't matter; if you have the permit (issued after 6/4/14) we don't run you through NICS.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 8:50:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Alot of FFL's still run you thru NICS even with the permit
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 7:17:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 1:46:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Mine isn’t either.

The first two numbers being the year your current permit was issued (for example mine was renewed in 2017, so it’s 17).  Next is a dash and a three letter middle that is a county code and the last six digits are the ID number the sheriff’s office chose.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top