Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2020 9:11:36 AM EDT
Heads up, probably nothing, but....Just got a call and a follow up email.

This is an important message from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.  Possible civil dispute in our area may result in looting of businesses. The ATF reminds you to remain vigilant and to take appropriate steps to secure both your firearms inventory and your required records.  Please report all suspicious persons or activity to your local police department.  Additionally, notify ATF at 888-930-9275 if you find any of your firearms missing, lost or stolen or if you are a victim of an attempted burglary of your business.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 10:01:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Got the same call and email.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 6:55:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Heads up, probably nothing, but....Just got a call and a follow up email.

This is an important message from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.  Possible civil dispute in our area may result in looting of businesses. The ATF reminds you to remain vigilant and to take appropriate steps to secure both your firearms inventory and your required records.  Please report all suspicious persons or activity to your local police department.  Additionally, notify ATF at 888-930-9275 if you find any of your firearms missing, lost or stolen or if you are a victim of an attempted burglary of your business.
View Quote

I think the police in Atlanta might be a little busy and I don't feel too confident they are prioritizing "suspicious activity" calls.

I'd think any gun shop within reach of mobs would be a high prized target for looters. The next call from the ATF might be - A scorched earth call - "In an effort to reduce the uncontrolled spread of firearms and looting of weapons, we are asking all FFL dealers in the Metro area to torch their buildings"

I hope the looters get hungry soon and then figure out that by burning own their local retailers they can't get anything and stop.  

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 10:21:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Chuck's Firearms in Buckhead was broken into Saturday night and the savages took 43 handguns.  One had a price tag of over $4000.  Must be a Wilson.  

https://www.mdjonline.com/neighbor_newspapers/northside_sandy_springs/news/43-guns-stolen-have-been-from-chuck-s-firearms-in-buckhead-amid-protests-and-looting/article_9cd28d40-a43c-11ea-9ba6-a7f7f448cdcd.html
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:21:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I don’t have a lot of secured space for firearms but if someone needs to store stuff my home/land is open...but a little far from ATL.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 10:59:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Chuck's Firearms in Buckhead was broken into Saturday night and the savages took 43 handguns.  One had a price tag of over $4000.  Must be a Wilson.  

https://www.mdjonline.com/neighbor_newspapers/northside_sandy_springs/news/43-guns-stolen-have-been-from-chuck-s-firearms-in-buckhead-amid-protests-and-looting/article_9cd28d40-a43c-11ea-9ba6-a7f7f448cdcd.html
View Quote

I thought the strip Chuck's was in was replaced by new construction. I guess I had it mixed up.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 11:17:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Odd the way Chucks got hit. Looked like whites and blacks, only stole pistols. Not the standard MO for Gangbangers or meth heads.
I hope these guns aren't used to escalate violence by a certain Anti Facist group.
This shit wreaks of them. Hope I'm wrong.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top