Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2020 9:36:11 AM EDT
Anyone know if the Aurora Sportsmans Club is open.  They said they were going to post it after their meeting yesterday.  I haven't seen anything yet.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 10:28:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Nevermind, they just posted ion their FB page.  It's closed until at least the 17th.  Unless it's for LE use.  Someone there posted about the irony of a club designed to let people exercise their RKBA only being open for agents of the government.... I agree completely.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 8:47:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Not pleased with ASC.  

Not pleased at all.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 9:28:40 PM EDT
[#3]
PAPERS AND REGISTRATION PLEASE!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 4:56:10 PM EDT
[#4]
@CarbonBuildup @Marksman14

I’m also incredibly displeased with them. Under their new leadership, they folded over quicker than the anti-2a crowd purchasing a firearm during this pandemic.

Their email stats the Governor was displeased with how recreational businesses remained open, such as golf course and alike. I’m sorry, the ASC is not close to a golf course. When their very subject of business relates to that of exercising a constitutional right, and their first step is to shut down? Yeah I’m sorry, I’m gonna have to ask for a monetary reimbursement for the range time I would otherwise be using this very minute. That and a redacted volunteer hours requirement. The virus doesn’t spread by jumping onto people and in fact, the very nature of being outside is optimal as UV light destroys the virus. Never mind the fact the virus doesn’t spread as the wind blows in an open environment, as it does in an enclosed space with one contaminated person coughing in close proximity to another. We were even encouraged by our Governor to go outside for personal recreation. Who’s holding back ASC’s president’s ability from having people simply maintain a distance and or keep from overcrowding stalls? It’s a joke.

But honestly to hear they remained open for police? Yeah that’s a little upsetting, I’m also a paying member, they have far more real estate to continue normal operations and accommodate everyone.

What other information do you guys have? Have either of you driven by and seen whether or not they have RSOs guarding the entryways?
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 5:50:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Just curious...is there another range you can go to and tell ASC to go pound sand?
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 7:19:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just curious...is there another range you can go to and tell ASC to go pound sand?
View Quote

I mean, not really. The indoor place 4min from my house closed down their stalls. ASC is an hour drive for me as it is and unfortunately a rare breed. I believe even the ISRA closed their outdoor stuff down as well, and that an even further drive for me.

I don’t know if it’s a political play given our Governor is a Democrat or what, but unless you live on a farm or own a substantial amount of rural land, good luck practicing.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 11:05:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Buffalo is open folks.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 11:30:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Buffalo is open folks.
View Quote

Case in point, they are, why aren’t the others. There’s no excuse in my opinion. I pay ASC a tremendous amount annually, in addition to another range, and they close. I won’t throw money to another range even further away to get minimal trigger time solely because they are. I’m sure they’re just capitalizing on it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 3:26:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
@CarbonBuildup @Marksman14

I’m also incredibly displeased with them. Under their new leadership, they folded over quicker than the anti-2a crowd purchasing a firearm during this pandemic.

Their email stats the Governor was displeased with how recreational businesses remained open, such as golf course and alike. I’m sorry, the ASC is not close to a golf course. When their very subject of business relates to that of exercising a constitutional right, and their first step is to shut down? Yeah I’m sorry, I’m gonna have to ask for a monetary reimbursement for the range time I would otherwise be using this very minute. That and a redacted volunteer hours requirement. The virus doesn’t spread by jumping onto people and in fact, the very nature of being outside is optimal as UV light destroys the virus. Never mind the fact the virus doesn’t spread as the wind blows in an open environment, as it does in an enclosed space with one contaminated person coughing in close proximity to another. We were even encouraged by our Governor to go outside for personal recreation. Who’s holding back ASC’s president’s ability from having people simply maintain a distance and or keep from overcrowding stalls? It’s a joke.

But honestly to hear they remained open for police? Yeah that’s a little upsetting, I’m also a paying member, they have far more real estate to continue normal operations and accommodate everyone.

What other information do you guys have? Have either of you driven by and seen whether or not they have RSOs guarding the entryways?
View Quote

The part I highlighted is absolutely unacceptable to me especially when I factor in how much that place costs per year.  My gut tells me it will be back up and running by the 17th, or whatever date they last extended the closure to.

I did send them an email, but if they are paying attention, they may be on to why I worded it the way I worded it.  Probably won't get a response.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 5:53:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Are you guys in the ASC forum?

If not, I suggest joining. There is a discussion thread about the closure that is worth a read if you have not seen it. At the very least, it is another venue to express your thoughts on the manner where board members will see them.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 9:20:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Are you guys in the ASC forum?

If not, I suggest joining. There is a discussion thread about the closure that is worth a read if you have not seen it. At the very least, it is another venue to express your thoughts on the manner where board members will see them.
View Quote

Can you link it?
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 9:24:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The part I highlighted is absolutely unacceptable to me especially when I factor in how much that place costs per year.  My gut tells me it will be back up and running by the 17th, or whatever date they last extended the closure to.

I did send them an email, but if they are paying attention, they may be on to why I worded it the way I worded it.  Probably won't get a response.
View Quote

Yep, they will definitely also catch my drift with my email as well. I'm certainly going to be asking for a refund during the time frame they decided to arbitrarily shut down. The other unnamed range I'm with made it perfectly clear a while back, when they shut down their stalls, that members would not be charged what so ever. Now, fast forward to now, they are actually reopening their stalls to the members and public on the 16th. So, I call BS on the Aurora Sportsman Club and this gives me one more reason to re-think renewing next year....given I'm paying a stupid amount to them. Let alone, I'm paying for a lead remediation thing I was never apart of.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 5:16:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I mean, not really. The indoor place 4min from my house closed down their stalls. ASC is an hour drive for me as it is and unfortunately a rare breed. I believe even the ISRA closed their outdoor stuff down as well, and that an even further drive for me.

I don’t know if it’s a political play given our Governor is a Democrat or what, but unless you live on a farm or own a substantial amount of rural land, good luck practicing.
View Quote

I still belong to a gun range in Illinois that I frequent and they are still open. I was there last week. But it's probably a long way from where you are located and you HAVE to be a member to shoot...even if you're there with a member. And they are dead serious about that rule. The people who oversee the gun range live very near the range. They check it often and you will be visited by the police if you're shooting there without a membership. You also have to have your membership notarized before being accepted. I'm a life member there.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 9:02:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Can you link it?
View Quote

You may need to register to get to the forum:
https://www.aurorasc.org/forum
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 7:38:44 AM EDT
[#15]
It's a 45min drive for me, so I have not done that.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 9:03:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's a 45min drive for me, so I have not done that.
View Quote

Copy, so which LE agencies have been to ASC? The forum is getting interesting over at their website.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 10:25:17 PM EDT
[#17]
ASC voted to stay closed until the end of the month.  Not for LE, just us civilians.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 10:39:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
ASC voted to stay closed until the end of the month.  Not for LE, just us civilians.
View Quote

Unbelievable.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 7:47:28 AM EDT
[#19]
ASC member here. It's frustrating. From what I hear the ISRA range is still open.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 9:57:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
ASC member here. It's frustrating. From what I hear the ISRA range is still open.
View Quote

ISRA doesn't sell any type of firearms and/or ammunition do they? If not, then we need to investigate and see how and/or what they are doing to remain open.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

ISRA doesn't sell any type of firearms and/or ammunition do they? If not, then we need to investigate and see how and/or what they are doing to remain open.
View Quote

This was addressed in the last board of directors meeting. They claimed that they believe the ISRA is provoking the state of IL into a lawsuit. Seriously?? Who wants to get sued??
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 6:41:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This was addressed in the last board of directors meeting. They claimed that they believe the ISRA is provoking the state of IL into a lawsuit. Seriously?? Who wants to get sued??
View Quote

From a few other posts I have read elsewhere here and on Illinoiscarry, my impression is the ISRA is not the only range still open.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 6:43:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Unbelievable.
View Quote

Absolutely agreed.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 8:17:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Exactly, because that makes sense. We have a democratic governor among other things, why in the world would the ISRA perform a kamikaze. Seems like ASC is just coming up with make believe rumors so that they can push their own agenda of remaining shut down. The forums on the ASC website are getting interesting as well, the board members keep citing being sued as a reason to stay closed. Did they ever consider a modified model of operation to accommodate COVID distancing and alike? I think not. My next question is what is really going on over there. I still have not received an answer, after asking three times, about what is to happen with our volunteer hours and the large lump sum annual fee. If any kind of reimbursement would occur, which I rightfully think it should. Aaaaand silence on their end.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 9:09:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Exactly, because that makes sense. We have a democratic governor among other things, why in the world would the ISRA perform a kamikaze. Seems like ASC is just coming up with make believe rumors so that they can push their own agenda of remaining shut down. The forums on the ASC website are getting interesting as well, the board members keep citing being sued as a reason to stay closed. Did they ever consider a modified model of operation to accommodate COVID distancing and alike? I think not. My next question is what is really going on over there. I still have not received an answer, after asking three times, about what is to happen with our volunteer hours and the large lump sum annual fee. If any kind of reimbursement would occur, which I rightfully think it should. Aaaaand silence on their end.
View Quote

I highly doubt any dues reimbursement will happen. And I honestly I don't expect it. It would financial ruin the club. I do however think they absolutely should prorate the volunteer hours. I really do not see what the board has to gain by keeping it closed so I don't think their is some agenda there. All I know is that it all sucks....
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 9:09:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

From a few other posts I have read elsewhere here and on Illinoiscarry, my impression is the ISRA is not the only range still open.
View Quote

There is definitely a bunch of ranges open....
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 10:53:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

There is definitely a bunch of ranges open....
View Quote

Buffalo in Ottawa is open.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 10:56:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Buffalo in Ottawa is open.
View Quote

Yeahhhh but we can’t count them. They manufacture ammunition there, sell firearms as well I believe.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 11:16:27 AM EDT
[#29]
BOLT CUTTERS.....
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 2:28:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Unbelievable.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unbelievable.
Believe it!
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 7:41:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Copy, so which LE agencies have been to ASC? The forum is getting interesting over at their website.
View Quote

So what is being said in the forum?

I was a member for a few years, but I became disenchanted with the leadership.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 5:46:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 8:35:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Im really regretting renewing this year, and it doesn't really have so much to do with the (excessive) Covid shutdown.  Just the general attitude of board members has really gone over the top scummy on the forums and especially the FB page. And then theres the whole allowing the kings men access to the range and not paid membership fuckery..  

Just the general attitude of the whole place is really taking the steam out of my enjoyment of being a member.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 11:48:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
People unhappy with the leadership and politics at ASC...never would have imagined that.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

As in, you’re one with ‘them’ or this is just the typical BS of another bunch of men who love to play little government?
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 4:44:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 6:11:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I am sure with Lombardo being kicked out it can only get better....
View Quote

Really? Did not know that. Can't hurt.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 11:34:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

As in the "leadership" there when I was a member was far more interested in having their own little fiefdoms of power and having Napoleon complex on the range while wearing their orange vests than having a good club.

I am sure with Lombardo being kicked out it can only get better....I certainly can't imagine it getting any worse.  I could never figure out why so much of the leadership there was so obsessed with power trips....

Sven
Manticore Arms

View Quote

They’re all on power trips.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:35:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Eric is President? At least it's a black rifle guy. I knew him from Practical.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 5:40:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Yes Eric is the president now , I am also a ASC member and getting frustrated with it not open . Took a ride to buffalo last weekend but i need more distance 100 just does not do it for me right now
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:11:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By vwtech:
Yes Eric is the president now , I am also a ASC member and getting frustrated with it not open . Took a ride to buffalo last weekend but i need more distance 100 just does not do it for me right now
View Quote

They just voted to stay closed.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 9:57:44 PM EDT
[#42]
ISRA is open, just not allowing guests, only members.

ASC is making a series of bad choices.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 10:47:46 PM EDT
[#43]
It seems my info is bad.  ISRA is allowing guests.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 9:18:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By bssrf4:
ISRA is open, just not allowing guests, only members.

ASC is making a series of bad choices.
View Quote

Now that even golf courses are open the bod just looks like lost little grade schoolers without a teacher.  This has been the most cowering to the King bullshit I never thought Id see out of that club.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 9:30:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By jmill79:

Now that even golf courses are open the bod just looks like lost little grade schoolers without a teacher.  This has been the most cowering to the King bullshit I never thought Id see out of that club.  
View Quote

Looks like maybe someone voted a lot of "Karens" on the BOD.....that's sad....
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 10:35:23 PM EDT
[#46]
From Facebook:

Results of tonight's ASC BOD Special Meeting

Motion to reopen the ASC to all members and immediate family (1 generation up / down) on Friday, May 15th, 2020 was approved by roll call vote.  

14 AYE / 0 NO / 0 PRESENT

Motion to open ASC to events & training, following CDC guidelines) on May 23rd, 2020 was approved by roll call vote.

14 AYE / 0 NO / 0 PRESENT

Be safe and happy shooting.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 11:44:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By LoadedDrum:
From Facebook:

Results of tonight's ASC BOD Special Meeting

Motion to reopen the ASC to all members and immediate family (1 generation up / down) on Friday, May 15th, 2020 was approved by roll call vote.  

14 AYE / 0 NO / 0 PRESENT

Motion to open ASC to events & training, following CDC guidelines) on May 23rd, 2020 was approved by roll call vote.

Be safe and happy shooting.
View Quote

What a joke it took this long. I won’t be forgetting this when next years email goes out asking for another lump sum. Let’s be clear about this, they weren’t closed with concern to COVID
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 1:42:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Subiescott:

What a joke it took this long. I won’t be forgetting this when next years email goes out asking for another lump sum. Let’s be clear about this, they weren’t closed with concern to COVID
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Subiescott:
Originally Posted By LoadedDrum:
From Facebook:

Results of tonight's ASC BOD Special Meeting

Motion to reopen the ASC to all members and immediate family (1 generation up / down) on Friday, May 15th, 2020 was approved by roll call vote.  

Motion to open ASC to events & training, following CDC guidelines) on May 23rd, 2020 was approved by roll call vote.

Be safe and happy shooting.

What a joke it took this long. I won’t be forgetting this when next years email goes out asking for another lump sum. Let’s be clear about this, they weren’t closed with concern to COVID

Then why?
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 4:28:44 PM EDT
[#49]
I called the ISRA today. The range is closed to guests only members are allowed in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top