Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2021 11:58:41 AM EDT
I’m a MD resident who owns a property in VA. Purchased a stripped lower and was thinking of building it out to keep at my house in VA. My question is would I have to adhere to the HBAR rule?

Plan was to have a non hbar upper shipped to VA. The rifle would never enter MD.

Any thoughts on this greatly appreciated. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 8:39:32 AM EDT
[#1]
You will be fine. Even as a BGOS-inflicted MD resident, MD cannot regulate what you have/keep outside of MD. Like Tannerite, we can't have it in MD, but we buy and shoot all we like in TN and other states where IS legal. You can keep your non-HBAR AR-15 (or anything else) in VA, as long as it's VA-legal, but you cannot bring it into MD without running afoul of MD law.

You can even own a non-HBAR upper in MD, but cannot legally assemble it into a complete rifle unless the lower is pre-2013 and you can document having it since before 2013.

Enjoy your new rifle!
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 11:51:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the reply!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top