Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2018 9:10:57 AM EDT
Planning a hog hunt up in WV, and I was curious if AR pistols are legal to hunt with up there? It will be a 300 blackout and on private land
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 4:45:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Check the regs here: WV 2018-2019 But I don't think non-residents can hunt boar in WV.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 5:39:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check the regs here: WV 2018-2019 But I don't think non-residents can hunt boar in WV.
View Quote
Thanks, Ill take a look.

Its a private reserve and they have reviews from people from out of state, so Im assuming it would be ok?
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 8:11:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks, Ill take a look.

Its a private reserve and they have reviews from people from out of state, so Im assuming it would be ok?
View Quote
If it is a private reserve, it may be registered under a "farm" type business. In that case, the hogs would be livestock. It's probably OK from that aspect.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 9:01:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe the .300 BLK pistol is legal for hogs, deer, and bear in WV.  We had this discussion in our hunting group when they reminded me I could not use my 5.56 AR pistol on deer because of this rule:

"It is illegal to:  hunt bear, deer, or wild boar with a revolver or pistol using a
straight-walled case of less than .357 magnum cartridge or a
bottle-necked case of less than .24 caliber."

You do need to buy a pistol hunting license.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top