Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2022 11:29:52 AM EDT
If I have an AR pistol in 350 Legend, I can use it in shotgun and late muzzleloader season for deer, right?
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 7:56:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes. But be prepared for a DNR officer to argue with you.

I got my license checked during bow season, had my .357 on my belt. Officer absolutely insisted I couldn't carry while bowhunting. Said he wasn't going to ticket me but you can't carry a handgun at all while bowhunting.

I had to get adamant with him before he'd even look up whether or not I was right. Depending on county you're bound to run into a similar officer if you're using something nontraditional like that. Keep the regs in your pocket and show him "This says it's OK."
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 9:30:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes. But be prepared for a DNR officer to argue with you.

I got my license checked during bow season, had my .357 on my belt. Officer absolutely insisted I couldn't carry while bowhunting. Said he wasn't going to ticket me but you can't carry a handgun at all while bowhunting.

I had to get adamant with him before he'd even look up whether or not I was right. Depending on county you're bound to run into a similar officer if you're using something nontraditional like that. Keep the regs in your pocket and show him "This says it's OK."
View Quote

You would think they would know the law
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top