Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2021 12:26:46 PM EDT
Its been a while since we've been out. I understand that many have been busy with Spring Break and Easter but the need for citizens who are physically and mentally capable of responding to crises has not abated... and the next event that will manifest that acute need, for which we are all preparing, hastens nearer by the day. So we seek, once again, to punish our bodies and in so doing prove to ourselves and eachother that we are strong, determined, focused, disciplined, that we possess the humility to serve as a team, that while others talk, WE DO; that while others prevaricate, WE COMMIT!

...Or something like that.

Where: Stubblefield Campground overflow camping area. This is on the EAST SIDE of the infamous Stubblefield bridge that thwarted our attempts at a section hike several weeks back.
30.566074895276735, -95.63342361810024
Starting point
We will begin where we left off to continue our completion of the entire Lone Star Hiking train in sections. The hike will be 6.1 miles.

When: 1430 (in the afternoon)

Bring: Plenty of water (2 liters is not unreasonable, I'll probably fill my 3 liter bladder).  FRS radios if you have them. Spare socks, insect repellent. High is forecast to be in the low 80s.

As with previous hikes some of us intend to complete this hike at a 3 mph pace with a load of 45 lbs. This is not to say that pace and load is mandatory. We have split the crew in the past to ensure all paces are accommodated.

We need 3 confirmed minimum to make this happen. I am "one". Post or IM me if you can commit to attending.

Some previous outings:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/APC-Hike-Houston-Outdoors-Crew-SUNDAY-AFTERNOON-2-28-21/8-652512/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/Houston-Outdoor-Crew-APC-Chapter-Hike-Invite/8-652895/

@barnbwt
@thomasplaster223
@MMc­fpd­@JTX23
@peecmkr45

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 12:27:50 PM EDT
[#1]
@Blitzcraig173
@Bishop3
@Austin4130
­­­@Flushdraw
@Jerryjeff
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 12:28:17 PM EDT
[#2]
@HBIII
@rbutcher
@Agilt
@jordanmills­­­
@dirtymachinist
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 12:28:37 PM EDT
[#3]
@Forgemonkey1066
@rudinater
@GhostFish
As always, let us know if you want off the list. Please @ anyone you know to be interested that I may have missed.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 12:45:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the invite, but I'll be getting hammered with my buddies in the pro shop watching The Masters, after playing golf that morning.

My only goal otherwise is to make it to our group dinner at 6 for my buddies fiancées birthday. She doesn't know what she's in for
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:24:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I wish to remain on the list.

I will be running a stage at the Waco Tactical Fitness event this coming weekend.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 7:20:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I’m in, you inspirational bastard!
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 7:22:39 PM EDT
[#7]
This hike is on. See y'all out there.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:46:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I used to live near the location being planned.  Good luck, everyone.  And hydrate.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Pleasant hike in unexpectedly pleasant weather. It's unfortunate that we didn't get any pictures because some of the trail provided a unique experience..., at least for me. Imagine large, mature longleaf pines naturally spaced 20-30 ft apart. No, or very little of that bushy deciduous undergrowth that grows up between burns and instead there were enormous carpets of lush green ferns about thigh high for a good distance in all directions. In some places the only gap in the ferns that was visible was 12 to 18" wide on the trail itself. The trees were sparse enough that plenty of sunlight was reaching the forest floor, lighting up that bright green.

The Ghost and I hiked it with full packs. Since it was only the two of us it won't count for record and we didn't weigh in the packs but each of us probably had around 55 lbs each (The Ghost usually overloads my scale). Stats below:
Attachment Attached File

Hope to see y'all out next time. Our team can use every motivated individual, you don't have to start out in "prime shape" to join us and contribute.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top