Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2022 12:48:04 PM EDT
We will be hosting a ruck + patrolling class in the Uwharrie at 3pm on Aug 7th. Please go HERE for full info and to RSVP.

We look forward to seeing new faces!
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 5:07:49 PM EDT
[#1]
We’ll be meeting in the King’s Mountain Point Parking lot at 398 Kings Mountain Rd, Troy, NC 28127

Guidelines are the same as the American Battle Buddies (see below).

35lb ruck for beginners / old / broken, 45lb ruck for novices, and 55lb+ ruck for meat eaters, masochists, and berserkers in great shape that still have functioning knees, backs, and shoulders. We need at least three people on the hike so there are two witnesses for each person that's rucked up and meets the pace requirement of 17-20 minutes miles to count toward a third class qualification (again, see below). Helmets are optional but no rifles since we will be in the middle of a national park with lots of folks around that we don’t want to freak out. CCW is A-OK.

If you don't have a ruck, don't sweat it. If you are out of shape and can only go a mile at a slow walk, don't sweat it. If you can only carry 10lbs in your ruck, don't sweat it. If you can only go one mile an hour, don't sweat it. Just come for the hike. Do what you can. Everyone starts somewhere. There are 34 days between today and the hike to start moving individually, so make good use of them. Move around for at least 30 minutes in some way at least three times a week as a start.

The primary goal is to get dudes together to socialize, have some fun, and see if we can't do something like this on the regular. Not trying to smoke ourselves...yet. That time is coming for those of us who have been doing these.

We go rain or shine unless the rain is an ice cold deluge that puts people at risk of hypothermia. A stray shower we can work through.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 9:27:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Is this just a rando group of members here? Any background to the patrolling class/instructor?
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 9:54:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is this just a rando group of members here? Any background to the patrolling class/instructor?
View Quote

The American Pioneer Corp is definitely a group of folks from all backgrounds. Some of us have .mil experience, some are civilians that have never done anything like this before.

The primary instructor is @FreeFallE7. If he cannot make it, I will fill in and do the best I can as a former 11B.

This is very much so on the crawl phase of the training spectrum. The focus will be on basic movement techniques such as the wedge and Ranger file, hand and arm signals, and security when stopping.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 10:09:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The American Pioneer Corp is definitely a group of folks from all backgrounds. Some of us have .mil experience, some are civilians that have never done anything like this before.

The primary instructor is @FreeFallE7. If he cannot make it, I will fill in and do the best I can as a former 11B.

This is very much so on the crawl phase of the training spectrum. The focus will be on basic movement techniques such as the wedge and Ranger file, hand and arm signals, and security when stopping.
View Quote
It will be basic movement techniques like I taught last winter.

At least it won't be 27 degrees this time

Link Posted: 7/17/2022 10:17:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
I was a Army Ranger instructor and Infantry drill SGT with 25yrs military experience.

Still it will be basic moving patroling techniques and a refresher for any folks with former military experience.

And a good workout/hike.

Link Posted: 7/17/2022 10:47:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/20856/A8D42508-E827-49E9-8B48-3F970F430C3C-2272414.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/20856/A8D42508-E827-49E9-8B48-3F970F430C3C-2272414.jpg

I SO MUCH prefer hot to cold.

*Need to pack more water*
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 8:47:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Got it, thanks. I just moved to the state so I was curious.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 9:26:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Come on out and make some new friends!
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 7:33:54 AM EDT
[#9]
This Sunday!

Anyone else getting excited to have some fun?
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:25:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Tomorrow
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 5:16:57 PM EDT
[#11]
An outstanding time was had!

Mark your calendars for Sept 10th for our next event!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top