Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2021 9:24:35 PM EDT
APC Ruck in Denver

When: Sunday, July 11, 2021

7100 S Holly St, Centennial, CO 800112

Location is in South Denver, major cross streets are Dry Creek and Holly.  West of I-25, south of Downtown Denver.  Near the DTC.    GPS coordinates 39.586850, -104.922780

Distance: 6 miles, par time is 2 hours. 1 Mile every 20 minutes pace.

Time: Show time is 10 am MST
Takeoff time is 10:15 am sharp.

If you get there late, no big deal, please use a GPS on your phone or a handheld unit, it will record your distance and times, we can certify you with this data.  

Details:
Please meet at the south end of the largest building on the property, it can be seen just inside the fence that encompasses the facility.  

Pack weight is 45 pounds (Lbs), water weight is not included.  I will have a scale if you wish to check or do not know if you have enough weight. This is the only option available.  The other option involved carrying a rifle.  That will not work here, it is a residential neighborhood and you will make many soccer moms upset.

It requires 3 people to certify a Ruck, so please come if you are not even qualifying and just want to get some exercise.  You will be valuable for others with you presence as a witness.

I am not aware of bathrooms at the facility, please plan accordingly.

Water:  I will have a 5 gallon water jug if you need some.

Look up weather (Centennial, CO) the day before, Dress for weather

Families, kids, wives, spouses, strollers and leashed dogs are welcome.

Parking in the dirt lot to the north right after you turn in, more parking north against fence.

Once around is about 2 miles, 3 laps; do what you wish/can, kids can ride bikes if they wish.

Use Ham Radio Frequency simplex 146.550 for call in.  Only license holders can transmit, all can listen.

We will conduct AAR composition and Mission Debrief at Half Penny Brewery, 5150 E Arapahoe Rd Unit D1-B, Centennial, CO 80122 at approximately 12:15 hours.  GPS is 39.59355, -104.92718, it is near the South East corner of the strip center.  Half Penny Brewery is 0.8 miles from the Open Space Park.

UPDATE: Weather looks good, no rain, high of 83.

Update AAR:

Had a good time and got some excercise. 3 of us did the full 6 miles in about 1:55.  Started out not too warm bit got warmer.  

Worst part was have gravel oin nu shoes, need

One participant carried his child in a kids backpack, worked great for him.   Glad to have participants out and get another activity in.

More planned later.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 2:06:25 AM EDT
[#1]
geez, now you kooks are bringing this into my neighborhood.  What happened to Longmont?
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 1:03:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Longmount is a good spot, will go back there. Wanted to make it more available to more people by coming farther south.

Please come join us and get some excercise.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 11:26:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
geez, now you kooks are bringing this into my neighborhood.  What happened to Longmont?
View Quote

We all know you secretly want to come out lol
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 11:36:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Start hydrating. See y’all tomorrow
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 1:53:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Requesting update/feedback. Hope you all had a great time.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 1:28:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Update:
Had a good time and got some excercise. 3 of us did the full 6 miles in about 1:55.  Started out not too warm bit got warmer.  

One participant carried his child in a kids backpack, worked great for him.   Glad to have participants out and get another activity in.

More planned later.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 11:18:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

is this some sort of code?
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 1:04:22 PM EDT
[#8]
No, just poor editing.  Need to wear shoes with higher sides when on that gravel surface.  

The surface in Longmoint is all asphalt and concrete.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top