Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2021 2:43:28 PM EDT
For the past year or so, we've scheduled two regular hikes per week, to keep in touch and exercise / training.  

This poll is to gauge interest on keeping that pace, or adjusting the schedule.  As more things opened up, we all got busier, so it make sense to re-adjust to the new situation.  

Please indicate which week nights generally work best for you.  These hikes are regional and independent from any larger APC events, which typically occur over weekends.

I'm @'ing everyone who's expressed interested over the past year + we've done local rucks.  If you know of anyone else, please direct them to this thread.

Next topic; our staple routes are from Hunter Station to Reston along the WO&D trail, and in Annandale, from 495 and 236 to Barkley Dr.   If you have other locations which make sense, post in the thread or PM me and we'll scope them out.  

Last topic; These are walk and talks.  Pipe up if there's any training material from the Pioneer task book you're interested in covering.  I'm not an SME on much of it, but we can arrange for material and exercises to go with the hikes.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 2:43:40 PM EDT
[#1]
@58Teague
@Akos
@Ambridge77
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 2:43:56 PM EDT
[#2]
@AndBen
@Apec
@Ben
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 2:44:08 PM EDT
[#3]
@Carpangler
@cjsoccer4
@DK-Prof
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 2:44:21 PM EDT
[#4]
@ExpansionShock
@fsj_man
@GunLvrPHD
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 2:44:37 PM EDT
[#5]
@homeyclaus
@longhunter09
@MARNESAPPER
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 2:44:51 PM EDT
[#6]
@N2CH_556
@nate1213VA
@skydive70
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 2:45:03 PM EDT
[#7]
@SonofLiberty1775
@USMC2671
@WhiskersTh­eCat
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 9:25:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 1:02:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for starting this thread, and apologies that I have been VERY absent.  

(as I have mentioned in my litany of excuses, I stupidly agreed to be department chair, and it has made me so busy it is ruining my life])

Either Tuesday or Thursday is good for me when I can find the time.  Hopefully things will be better in the fell, and I can start up again and cultivate some excellent blisters, since it has been so long for me.  
View Quote

If you like, we can cut out some sand paper insoles for your shoes, so you can get a head start on the blisters.  

Serious comment; there's immense mental benefit to breaking the weekly routine that helps keep the job related stuff in focus.  Getting away from the house / desk / office and doing something does wonders for the mind.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 10:17:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Bump.  This week, we'll be at Hunter Station on Thursday.  

Separate thread for that later today.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:44:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I appreciate the @ regarding rucks, but my employer
has taken my regular free time hostage.  I won't be
able to go anywhere for at least the next four months.

Here's hoping y'all have fair weather on the hikes!

ETA - any of those days sounded fine.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 3:17:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I tallied up the on and off board responses, and Thursday it is.  

We'll alternate weeks between Annandale and Hunter Station.  Post or PM me if you have ideas for new routes.  

See you on the trail!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top