Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2018 6:58:35 PM EDT
I'm going to call tomorrow and ask, but I wanted to see if anyone on here knew. The AMHS website states

"Small quantities of ammunition (Not to exceed 100 kg (220.5 lbs.) for handguns, rifles and shotguns, may be transported by passengers provided they are securely packaged and carried separately from any firearm that is being transported. No black powder in any quantity is allowed. Customers should check with local terminal staff for the AMHS policy on transporting firearms."

Is the 100kg per person, or per vehicle? If I have four people in my RV, and buy four tickets + the RV transport fee, does that mean I can have 400kg of ammo in the RV?
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 5:48:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, better to call.  Ammo limit was like 65# when I did the ferry.  I had to call two places to find out how much smokeless powder they'd let me take...neither had a good answer and kept telling me to call the other.  One asked how much I wanted to take and I gave them an answer and they said no problem.

Small containers 1#? of propane (case) were not a problem either, but an extra 20# tank I had to store in the ship's paint locker.

Enjoy the trip!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top