Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2018 9:09:26 PM EDT
Anybody know a quality AK armourer near the Keene area? I was told there is one in VT, but the identity and the exact location of this person was not known. This armour was said to have done work on  AK's for "Larry Vickers". I'm looking for someone that can de-ban a sporterized AK. Please post or e-mail me with info. Thanks
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 9:45:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Talk to the guys at Highlander Arms in West Chesterfield. This is right up their alley.

What needs doing? You just need muzzle threads uncovered or is it a sporter stock removed and the whole FCG moved forward for a pistol grip & stock install?
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 11:55:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Looking to have the fsp and gas block pressed off and new ones with lugs installed. I want to make sure that they are propperly aligned and not canted. Maybe smooth out the action, dehorn and refinish while I'm at it. I'll check with Highlander, but I think they outsource AK work. Probably to the VT armourer I referenced. LOL. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 2:33:47 PM EDT
[#3]
The shop your looking for is Windsor arms in Windsor vt. He did some work on a DSHK of mine. He was building one for Vickers when I was up there. Real nice guy and it's work stopping by and checking out his dealer samples....
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 8:29:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info and I'll reach out to him.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 5:26:14 PM EDT
[#5]
It's easy to do yourself. I debanned a SAR-1 I had years ago and a Norinco NHM-90. Spare furniture is easy to find or if you want really nice stuff go to ironwood (have a beautiful walnut set on my Norinco). If you find the replacement FSB its not hard to swap it out and thread the barrels for muzzle device. I used to have a die set that I loaned out in the AK section but sold it on the EE years ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top