Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2022 9:58:11 PM EDT
Please post your pics here.

Any and all feedback is welcome.  

Im still out there, I’ll get caught up tomorrow.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 10:28:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Absolutely outstanding event. My first MOA shoot and my second GAHTF match. My only AAR comment is for myself: shoot better.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 5:12:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 10/2/2022 8:13:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Great event as always!

Thanks to everyone who showed up, the volunteers, sponsors and everyone else that helped to make this a success.

My mini-me with the lightweight squirrel gun.

Daydreaming over the Pumkin Spice Creedmoor…

6ARC, 22”

My better half showed me up this year….

6creed, Factory Prime 107smk’s

The scores seem to get lower and lower every year, which is awesome. Over the past 3 years, only 1 or 2 ppl broke into the 0.4’s. This year we had 3, with akh223 leaping into the 0.3’s!! Incredible shooting! Collectively, the GAHTF shooter’s level of precision is increasing. For those of you who practice between events, it’s important to shoot multiple groups, with 5 shots per group to ensure you get a statistically good sample to know what you and your system can do. Each of the targets above were 1-2 shots away from being in the 0.3’s. The winner was probably 1-2 shots for hitting the super low 0.3’s. It’s easy to write off fliers during practice, but just a single shot or group can really skew the end average.

Congrats to akh223 for a simply impressive showing and to Rob_P for breaking into the sub half MOA club.

Link Posted: 10/2/2022 8:39:45 AM EDT
[#4]
1st time event for me and my sister which we greatly enjoyed. Thank you for letting us participate and we are looking forward to next year!!! ????
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 8:44:55 AM EDT
[#5]
No iron sight shooters at all ?
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:32:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Reminder- if you picked something out even if it was a koozie- send them at minimum a quick Facebook message or email saying you got it at the ga htf moa match. Those little things make a difference next year.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 2:16:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Reminder- if you picked something out even if it was a koozie- send them at minimum a quick Facebook message or email saying you got it at the ga htf moa match. Those little things make a difference next year.
View Quote

....This can't be stressed enough...The donated items from the sponsors was outstanding and a far, far cry from the early years...
...Sponsors have no way to know if these items are appreciated unless you tell them....

....Thanks again to everyone who came out and made the work of the RSOs easy....I still maintain that GHTF members are some of the safest, considerate shooters around...
....The groups get smaller, the number of shooters gets larger but the socializing and good times get better each year...New faces, new friends and great gatherings...

.....At some point, when time allows, I'll get drone footage and photo montages put together and post the link here, so please upload those pics you have in this thread....
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 3:56:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is there a list of all the sponsors available?
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 4:34:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Is there a list of all the sponsors available?
View Quote

Mike ;)
Larue
Luth ar
Proof Research
MDT
Oryx
Swamp fox
Kahles/Swaro
Athlon
Krieger barrel
SK / lapua/Berger
TBAC suppressors
Triad Tactical
Forward controls
MDT
Hornady
Patriot valley arms
Teslong
ADM Mounts
Vortex
Every day gun guy / arken
Zermatt
Manners

And some I may have missed but others will chime in.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 4:36:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
1st time event for me and my sister which we greatly enjoyed. Thank you for letting us participate and we are looking forward to next year!!! ????
View Quote

It'll irritate the docs but looks like lots of prone shooting practice is my future lol.  Apparently your skeeters really got a great meal as well .  Note to self for skeeter spray next time.  Again, much thanks to those of you who set all this up, especially the scorer's lol.  Those guys looked like their heads were going to explode occasionally

For any potential first timers out there I can say now that it's 100%  worth making the trip even if it's a long drive. Not only will you get to meet the members face to face but the experience itself is more than worth it.  It will humble you in a good way.  I have been considering every way possible to improve my prone shooting since yesterday and that's always a good thing.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 6:09:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Mike ;)
Larue
Luth ar
Proof Research
MDT
Oryx
Swamp fox
Kahles/Swaro
Athlon
Krieger barrel
SK / lapua/Berger
TBAC suppressors
Triad Tactical
Forward controls
MDT
Hornady
Patriot valley arms
Teslong
ADM Mounts
Vortex
Every day gun guy / arken
Zermatt
Manners

And some I may have missed but others will chime in.
View Quote

Cole-Tac
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 6:57:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Another great event is in the books.  Good turnout!

The weather cooperated on Saturday, but not so much on Friday, so very little prep work got done ahead of time.  

So... running water never happened, nor did a swap meet area materialize.  Parking seemed to be ok.  The firing line was dirt, but tarps +/- moving blankets kept the dust under control.

Yes, a hurricane themed dillo would have been great, but the theme was decided a couple weeks ago.  It would be very difficult to make a change so close to the event.

We had 24 lanes for 100 yards and 4 lanes for 50 yards.  We could have used a few more 50 yard lanes later in the day.  Most lanes were full in the am.  After lunch there were some openings.  

We did 4 am rounds starting around 930.  Hot for 30 mins and cold for as little as possible.  This year we had a small team to pull and hang targets.  I think that sped things up remarkably.  Thanks to Draconis for being the lead RSO, and to Devildog0627 and Johnnypantz for their work as RSOs as well.  

We took a lunch break of pulled pork and 2 versions of beans.  Thanks swolliepop and Brandi for the sides!  Swolliepop and Jeep donated 2 pork butts. Joeys cooked 2 and Yourcoworker cooked the other 2 onsite.  So good!  Dillo dust!  

Lunch was followed up with the one shot challenge, and then 3 more rounds in the afternoon.  Then the award show. New for this year was a leaderboard with magnetic strips.  4 categories... bolt, gas, youth, best 5 shot group.  The leaderboard started off very slow, and then got busy after lunch.   RobP and JLarge bring in the majority of the sponsors each year.  I deal with LaRue Tactical, and dalyman72 brought Cole-tac into the mix.  

I managed a 0.537 with my overhauled bolt gun.  That score would have won this event at least 5 years worth... this year... 6th place!  Congrats to Andy with his 0.361moa target!  

Thanks to everyone for the competition.  It was a great day of shooting.  It's fun to see how much people improve from previous years.  So next year I'll be going for .4 with a bolt gun, sub MOA gas gun and rimfire  Without all of you, I'd have nobody to push me to get better.  My wallet hates all of you.  

If you do social media, please go on IG and thank LaRue Tactical, also on their industry forum here on arf.com.  Without them, this shoot would have never made it to this stage.  All the other sponsors would like to hear from you as well.  Facebook... instagram... wherever you find them online and active, give them a shout!   When you are ready to upgrade and buy something new, please at least look to see what the sponsors offer.  

If I missed thanking anyone, it was an oversight.

Random thoughts so I can reference this for next year.

The plastic backer board worked great... except with spray paint.  I'll have to work on that for next year.  Same for the one shot board.  There is room for improvement.  Thanks Devildog0627 for finding, hauling, and helping to pay for the backer boards.

Double name tags was a good idea.  That will continue

Range alarm was great.  

Copy paper is terrible for measuring.  Use card stock for all targets next year.

Was it a big deal not having running water?  

If we skip lunch we could get in 1-2 more rounds.  Eat a big breakfast, bring a snack, and then you can grab a bite to eat on the way home.  ?

A swap meet would be nice, but that would need to be known ahead of time.  

Some people had to leave before prizes, so we need to work on getting the swag out earlier.  Also get the prize table set up early so people can look and prioritize prizes for themselves.

We may be able to squeeze out some more efficiency on the line when we are changing out shooters.  RSOs will have to talk that one over.

after lunch... shoot relays until targets need to be changed?

Feedback is welcome... good and bad.  

Link Posted: 10/2/2022 6:58:09 PM EDT
[#13]
If anyone knows what happened to the 458 socom dies... lmk
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 7:55:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The plastic backer board worked great... except with spray paint.  I'll have to work on that for next year.  Same for the one shot board.  There is room for improvement.  Thanks Devildog0627 for finding, hauling, and helping to pay for the backer boards.

View Quote

We will cut vinyl numbers next year and adhere them to the backers.  Easy to do and should last a while.  Probably longer than the boards themselves.

Link Posted: 10/2/2022 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By
If anyone knows what happened to the 458 socom dies... lmk
View Quote

I saw them on the table. Then kids cleaned off the table to load up. I’m told that everything that was on the table was set by the popups that were ready to load  

Don’t know if this helps, but it’s the best intel I can get out of a 13yo
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 8:40:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

We will cut vinyl numbers next year and adhere them to the backers.  Easy to do and should last a while.  Probably longer than the boards themselves.

View Quote

If the framework will stick around, I’ll spring for the address numbers like you screw to your house
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 8:50:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Mike thank you for hosting again this year and a big thank you to everyone else that made this event possible.  I had a great time as always and the weather was great although I did kinda want to try shooting in a hurricane lol.

I will definitely reach out to the sponsors that I picked up items from and I am gonna tell myself that I am gonna practice and be better prepared for next year but I think we all know how that goes.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 10:19:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Please post pics here so we can get it into a montage video.  Sponsors love to see a video!
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 10:56:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Only one I took,

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 11:45:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Arfcom rotates the pics.  Not me :/
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 11:46:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

That covers my pics.  

Hi res available.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:37:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 9:43:40 AM EDT
[#25]
.....MOA Challenge video....

8th Annual GHTF MOA All Day Challenge, 1 October 2022-HD
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 1:31:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
.....MOA Challenger video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKoKh7N3oM0
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/15/2022 6:53:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
.....MOA Challenger video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKoKh7N3oM0
View Quote
that came out nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top