Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2021 2:47:10 PM EDT
It is extremely tough to find an AAC flash hider/suppressor mount these day.  I don't know if it's due to the panic buying or AAC changing business situation.  I'm not up to date with all the latest details, I'm sure you guys are more tuned it to whatever the new corporation ownership of AAC is doing.

So for those of us who has AAC suppressor from way back, how are we going to use the can on new guns since we can't find new flash hiders? other than scavenge old muzzle device from other rifle/barrel.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#1]
And it is more difficult if you have an older 18 tooth model...
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 4:27:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Lots of people are sending their cans to https://www.facebook.com/ECCOmachine/ to have them swapped to the new standard thread pitch.

Then you can run Dead Air, Q, SiCo etc.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 5:41:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lots of people are sending their cans to https://www.facebook.com/ECCOmachine/ to have them swapped to the new standard thread pitch.

View Quote

Have you used that service?

What would be involved legally to ship a can out of state to get this conversion?
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 9:23:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I’m interested. What’s the new “standard”?
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 11:12:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What would be involved legally to ship a can out of state to get this conversion?
View Quote
I haven't, but a ton of my friends have. You just ship it to his FFL, then once he is done he sends it back to your house.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 11:13:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm interested. What's the new "standard"?
View Quote
1-3/8"-24, not 100% standard, but quite a few manufacturers have gone to this.

You can take something like a YHM Turbo and put a Dead air Keymo on it and run DA mounts. Or take a Dead Air Nomad, put a Q plan B in and run Q mounts.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 11:55:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's a whole thread for you

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/ECCO-Machine-and-Fabrication-Silencer-Mount-Conversions/20-502349/
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 11:55:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
ECCO does great work. I've seen some of it in person. The absolute go-to if you do a Form1 can as well.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 1:46:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Pretty sure I've got a 18T one on my rifle, but I no longer have the can so it doesn't do me any good.  Let me know if you're interested.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 6:48:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I have like 20 18t mounts . . . but they are all in 9/16-24
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 12:04:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Ecco does GREAT work...  My SDN-6 is better than new...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 8:30:22 AM EDT
[#13]
That’s really nice. He did the cerakote job too? If you don’t mind, what did it cost?
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 7:35:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That’s really nice. He did the cerakote job too? If you don’t mind, what did it cost?
View Quote

Looks very nice!

Questions because I want to learn what I don’t know...
So I’m going to ‘assume’ the big female threads on the SDN will take what ever mount/adapter to then attach to the rifle? Any issues with either screw together sections working loose?
So which mount set up from the SDN to barrel did you go with?

AAC “repaired” my SDN by welding the pin for the spring loaded ratchet in place. I was not thrilled with that but I’ll never have the pin come out mid class. Fortunately my battle buddy was also shooting a 10.5”...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top