Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2021 8:41:03 PM EDT
Brian Moran must go on day one.

This is personal. This man must lose his job and not be ANYWHERE near Va policy. I'm dead serious. If you were at any of the committee meetings on the AWB you know who this man is. "Have some spine, pass the damn bill". Yankee accent asshole.

We need to ALL start hammering our reps, The governor, VCDL, and anyone else who will listen. I'm not an organizer but this is an appointed position than can be ELIMINATED on day one.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 9:49:32 PM EDT
[#1]
He’s gone.  He’s a cabinet secretary, they’re traditionally all replaced with a new admin.  He was a hold over from dem to dem, no way in hell he gets reappointed.
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 4:23:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, he's Jim Moran's brother. Brian went full D-bag 3-4 years ago. He used to keep some of the progressives at bay with their anti public safety nonsense. Then one day he just stopped taking any calls and toed the party line. Good riddance.

Thank God Youngkin,Sears,Miyares won, the dems would have gutted what was left of public safety according to some contacts in Richmond.
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 6:32:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, he's Jim Moran's brother. Brian went full D-bag 3-4 years ago. He used to keep some of the progressives at bay with their anti public safety nonsense. Then one day he just stopped taking any calls and toed the party line. Good riddance.

Thank God Youngkin,Sears,Miyares won, the dems would have gutted what was left of public safety according to some contacts in Richmond.
View Quote

You seem to be in the know

How can we ensure he's gone? He's the David Chipman of VA
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 6:59:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you know how a cabinet position works?
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 8:20:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Let's put it this way- would Trump have kept Eric Holder?  

You do understand what Moran's position and job title are, right?
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 3:20:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Let's put it this way- would Trump have kept Eric Holder?  

You do understand what Moran's position and job title are, right?
View Quote

I do yes.

I wasn't sure how those worked in VA. I assume he will be out but you never know
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 4:03:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I do yes.

I wasn't sure how those worked in VA. I assume he will be out but you never know
View Quote

Fair enough. All the cabinet level folks (the ones that are greyed out in the link below) will be gone,  most of the department heads will be as well, with exceptions for a few like DOC, DMV, or VSP.  

https://www.commonwealth.virginia.gov/va-government/organization-of-virginia-state-government/

The things to look at are who he appoints to those cabinet and department positions, as well as who he puts on the various policy boards, like the Crime Commission.  They've got set terms, so we're probably stuck with Lori Haas for a while, but she'll hopefully get bounced soon.
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 8:32:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Haas went to the VSSC in I think 2019.

Her term is 2 years.

We should Lobby for Jenkins as the LEO representative of the governor. All apointees are 2 year terms, save elected officals who serve their elected term
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 4:06:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Parole board is one of the biggest that will be gutted.

And hopefully Miyares will open an investigation into their illegal paroles and charge some of the outgoing members. I am not sure exactly what the charges could be, but malfeasance of office is always on the table.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 4:25:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Parole board is one of the biggest that will be gutted.

And hopefully Miyares will open an investigation into their illegal paroles and charge some of the outgoing members. I am not sure exactly what the charges could be, but malfeasance of office is always on the table.
View Quote

It would be interesting to see what a grand jury thought about comments like "stop me, I feel drunk with power" (or WTTE) as the admin assistant to the former chair wrote...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top