Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2018 9:33:53 PM EDT
A question for those in the UK & Aberdeen, Scotland in particular.

I hope this doesn't sound too weird & I hope not too stalker-ish.
So: I'm in New York, USA.  Is there any way that I can confirm a friend's new address in Aberdeen?

The backstory....
I've know my friend for over 10 years, through a cigar forum we both belong to.  He's been over to the states several times, over the years.  The last time was just this past Easter.
Every now & then a member of the forum will send another member a surprise package (consisting mainly of cigars).  We call that a "bombing".
I did nail him with a few cigars & a Harley-Davidson guitar strap (he plays a little & is also into bikes) when he visited over Easter.  He let it slip what name hotel he was staying at & it only took me 5 phone call to get the correct hotel location.

Well, my friend moved last year & won't give me his new address, as he knows I would send him something.  He teases me with pictures of his address and also says he lives in "The Batcave"...this was from a time a few years ago, while in Las Vegas, he & a couple of others wore a Batman mask.

Well, I believe I found his new house address & would like to nuke his ass, with cigars, for his next birthday (in October).
Is there any way I could confirm his address?  I'm not sure if I could call the local post office there & I'm not even sure of what number to call.

I wasn't going to ask this, but he just posted earlier today, with hints that he is sending another package over & said it's going to hurt someone.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 9:53:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Try "Google maps" if you have his address.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 7:29:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try "Google maps" if you have his address.
View Quote
That's what I've used, with the little hints & pictures, that he's taunted me with.

I'm pretty sure I have the correct address, but I'd like a way to confirm it before I send a package to him.  I just don't know how to do that.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 4:12:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Send him a postcard or something like that if you dont want to waste a parcel. If it was close to me i would go, scotland is 5 hours drive from my house.
Atb
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 1:22:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Send him a postcard or something like that if you dont want to waste a parcel. If it was close to me i would go, scotland is 5 hours drive from my house.
Atb
View Quote
I was thinking of doing that, but how do I confirm that he actually received the card and not someone else (in case I do have the wrong address)?
Does the UK have something such as "Restricted Delivery"?  Where the recipient has to sign for the card?
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 12:09:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes recorded delivery, signed delivery. I use ups they also have that option.
You can log into the delivery website and check where it is and who signed for it
Atb
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 10:20:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Why not honor his wishes, and just leave him alone?  If he doesn't want you to send him packages, why force yourself on him?  Seems a bit stalker-ish.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top