Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2021 3:37:37 PM EDT
Has there ever been a weekend NoVa BB stroll?

I know people have lives outside of arfcom, and enjoy their weekends.

But for those stuck extra hours at work M-F, , has anyone
ever proposed a Sat or Sun hike?  

It wouldn't be every weekend, but maybe once every three months.

Just thinking aloud on the internet.

It doesn't hurt my feelings if it's an unpopular idea.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 4:22:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, but we've been doing other things on our weekends.  https://www.americanpioneercorps.org/events
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 5:08:12 PM EDT
[#2]
americanpioneercorps.org

Neat!  Heard of it, but not too familiar with them.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 5:25:58 PM EDT
[#3]
We have done a few weekend hikes down here in the Fredericksburg area. Nothing on a regular basis, just as time allows for people. We did one last last year out at the Spotsylvania Battlefields that was about 5 miles and in Feb. of this year we did a 8 miles hike at Motts Reservoir. Arfcom member Lexington has scouted and planned both hikes.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm trying to set up a fitness group in Fredericksburg that involves hikes every Saturday, alternating 6 mile quals for APC and 2-3 mile shorter hikes. This thread for details.

We haven't put a start date down yet but it will probably be last week of July, first week of August to start.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 8:11:48 AM EDT
[#5]
@GuyKeefer

Thanks for the heads up!  

I'm in construction and am strongly encouraged to work 6 (or 7) 12 hour or more days
when our industry is booming.

Knowing when weekend hikes will be allows me to schedule time off.  Thanks!  
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 4:50:51 PM EDT
[#6]
When APC started doing these, they were actually scheduled weekend events.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top