Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2020 5:18:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shultz]
Howdy Fellas. long time arfcom'er from NV that could use some local NE help...

My son moved from Vegas to Hastings about 8 years ago. He grew up with me from age 2 on as his mom was a flake and hauled ass to NE shortly after we split. I retained full custody. He decided to move out there once he was old enough to make that call as he wanted a change of pace from the Desert and try to reunite with his mom... Things with his mom didn't work sadly, but he fell in love with NE and stayed

Anyway, what I could use some help with. He's struggling a bit work wise due to short hours related to fucking beer flu. I've been helping him out but the stubborn little bastard is just like his Dad and doesn't like to ask for help....

Any of you that may be in the same situation losing pay due to beer flu know of any assistance he may be eligible for? He was working 40+ hours a week and is now lucky to get 25-30 hours. I know the money presses are still going burrrrr so he might as well get some if he can His wife is sadly no help $ wise and he has a 5 year old to take care of...

I've told him to talk with HR about any assistance that may be offered from the Gov or state and call unemployment to see if he can file for lost hours due to Covid. Any ideas or info you guy's can offer to help me point him in the right direction would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 11:19:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Engineer5] [#1]
Your on the right track with the unemployment.

My wife is in a similar situation.  Her hours were cut to 25 a week.  She was able to apply for the federal and state unemployment.  Federal alone is $600/week.

The problem is she hasn't seen a dime since she applied 14 weeks ago.  Someone on the states end checked the wrong box and disqualified her. She's been calling and leaving messages twice a week.  After getting the run around a guy actually took it upon himself to help her out.  Only to be road blocked by his boss who has to sign off on the application.  Apparently she's in the black hole of bureaucracy.  I get that they are crazy busy but it's too the point of absurd now.  Good thing I have a steady income.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 8:02:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply!

Hopefully he can reach unemployment sometime this coming week. Apparently, getting someone to answer the phone is not easy...

Link Posted: 7/21/2020 3:35:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Menards has a help wanted sign up.  He could work some hours there to supplement his other job until he gets back to full time hours.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top