Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2020 1:25:52 AM EDT
So I am selling a pistol and someone from Gulfport said they want to buy it. They also want to come pick it up. I always thought it wand to be sent to a FFL in their state and they couldn't come get it even if they a have a ccw. Am I wrong?  I really don't want to go to prison.
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 8:34:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Selling handguns to out of state individuals always have to go through an FFL in their home state. The only exception is if the buyer has an FFL of their own.

Rifles are a little bit different. If the buyer lives in an adjacent/bordering state then you can sell it to them without the involvement of an FFL. This rule is a bit of a gray area though. I’ve heard conflicting opinions about it, but have never done it myself.
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 10:10:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Selling handguns to out of state individuals always have to go through an FFL in their home state. The only exception is if the buyer has an FFL of their own.

Rifles are a little bit different. If the buyer lives in an adjacent/bordering state then you can sell it to them without the involvement of an FFL. This rule is a bit of a gray area though. I’ve heard conflicting opinions about it, but have never done it myself.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No, an unlicensed individual (non-FFL) can not sell any firearm directly to a resident of another state. They have to go through an FFL. A resident of one state may buy a long gun from a licensed individual (FFL) in another state, provided it is legal under state law.

From ATF's Q&A page.

Generally, a person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own state. Exceptions include the acquisition pursuant to a lawful bequest, or an over-the-counter acquisition of a rifle or shotgun from a licensee where the transaction is allowed by the purchaser’s state of residence and the licensee’s state of business. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any state for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 5:49:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks I told the buyer that it has to go to a FFL and I never got a response. I find it funny he was offering asking price and said he would even pay more.  Are people that dumb and fall for that?

Thank you again.

Dan
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 10:38:03 PM EDT
[#4]
What ya selling....
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 10:28:05 AM EDT
[#5]
hk45c
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 2:18:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 2:37:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Armslist or ar15 ee? We are local and like guns show us what ya got!
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 4:03:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Attachment Attached File

Can I just leave a pitcher?

Link Posted: 8/16/2020 11:44:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 11:23:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 8:27:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Nice picture
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top