Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/14/2018 8:49:28 AM EDT
I was recently told that, if I'm on state land during firearm deer season, I was required to wear orange even though I'm not hunting.

I'm used to hearing the fantasy facts that people seem to come up with.  Like the people that repeatedly tell me I cant drive barefoot, or that machineguns are illegal.

I like to keep my poop in a group so I went looking for anything stating that I have to wear orange.  I've found nothing.

Anyone know of anything?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:18:37 AM EDT
[#1]
If your hunting yes,

Otherwise no.

That being said, depending on what state land you plan on being on you might want to consider wearing orange anyway.

The guy down the shighway from our old property use to paint “cow” and “horse” on his livestock with saftey orange marking paint, and he still would have one shot every few years.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Was just a question of legality.  I can't find anything except as pertaining to "taking of any game".

Honestly, It came up in a conversation about metal detecting.  The places I plan to go soon are on state land, but none of them are fit for hunting, and a couple would be illegal to hunt at all.

I use common sense and respect,  and keep my ass out of the woods when it's crawling with idiots, or when decent folk are trying to have their fun too.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 8:11:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I am unaware of any such law and I don’t feel like searching MCLs for something I don’t think is there. I like reading and studying laws, especially ones that affect me, but this feels like a wild goose chase.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 8:23:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I wear orange on my own property when taking out the garbage this time of year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top