Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2023 7:40:59 AM EDT
Prosecutors: 3 people, including a child and suspect, killed in a shooting last night in Newark  

The shooting suspect is one of the three people confirmed dead, according to Newark Mayor Ras Baraka.

Baraka released a statement Wednesday calling the shooting “tragic” and saying the city has to work harder to come together to deal with issues surrounding mental health, drug abuse, anger and conflict.
“This is why we have to continue our commitment to the Office of Violence Prevention and Trauma Recovery and the ecosystem we built to remove the conditions of violence before they result in this kind of trauma. I offer my prayers and condolences to all the families involved,” he said.

It's incredible that there is NO call to ban guns!

Link: https://newjersey.news12.com/three-people-including-child-killed-newark-nj-shooting
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:09:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Prosecutors: 3 people, including a child and suspect, killed in a shooting last night in Newark  

The shooting suspect is one of the three people confirmed dead, according to Newark Mayor Ras Baraka.

Baraka released a statement Wednesday calling the shooting “tragic” and saying the city has to work harder to come together to deal with issues surrounding mental health, drug abuse, anger and conflict.
“This is why we have to continue our commitment to the Office of Violence Prevention and Trauma Recovery and the ecosystem we built to remove the conditions of violence before they result in this kind of trauma. I offer my prayers and condolences to all the families involved,” he said.

Link: https://newjersey.news12.com/three-people-including-child-killed-newark-nj-shooting
View Quote

Because it’s nj, there’s already a growing ban list and it’s only matter of time.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:42:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'd like to think that people are starting to realize it's not the guns but the criminals misusing them.

Here's a reader's comment to another shooting article:

Keansburg Man Shot Keyport Man Tuesday, Prosecutor Says
BJ, Neighbor
Middletown, NJ

Get your conceal carry. Calling the police is not a way to defend your life or family. All the cops can do is mop up the blood
View Quote

Here are some more recent NJ articles.

Gunfire Erupts In Atlantic City, One Injured

Passaic Shooting Leaves 21-Year-Old With Non-Fatal Gunshot Wounds

Trenton Police Arrest Suspect In Double Shooting

26-Year-Old Shot In Linden

Notice that none of them involved PTC holders.

Link Posted: 5/6/2023 12:14:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
[b]

View Quote

remove the conditions of violence before they result in this kind of trauma.

This is their code speak for banning guns they think the masses won't be able to decode.......
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 1:14:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top