Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2022 3:01:29 PM EDT
I'm guessing arson, but the historic Looney house in Ashville went up in smoke this weekend. Local fire department was able to prevent it's total destruction, but it is a standing cinder now. .

The Looney house was a rare two story dogtrot log home that was built 200 years ago. A pioneer home.  

If it was arson, the party or parties need to be chained to the burnt hulk to help rebuild it before they go to prison.

http://www.encyclopediaofalabama.org/article/h-4140

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 3:45:16 PM EDT
[#1]
 that's a real shame.  I have family in the area and was looking for an excuse to go visit it someday.  So much for that.

I hate it when historical items are destroyed.  

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 4:35:56 PM EDT
[#2]
My AO.   It’s pretty bad and they pretty much know what happened.   Give it a couple more days.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 6:56:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My AO.   It’s pretty bad and they pretty much know what happened.   Give it a couple more days.
View Quote

If it was arson, i hope they catch who did it. I know it was just a house, but it waa a house hewn of virgin timber....200 freaking years ago.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 8:01:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top