Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2023 8:24:51 PM EDT
I have all the components for a complete A1 upper. Already barreled the upper receiver. Long story short, my assumed spare FSB off another rifle is a .750 and not the required .625 to fit the slimmer barrel. The drilling, aligning and taper pinning of the new FSB is beyond my skill and toolset, so will send out to have done. Is it theoretically possible that sending it out and having it sent back after FJI signs would screw me? My sense is that, as with the reconciliation of the AWB bill with the mag bill re ‘importation’ - should it have to be out of state - I may be OK. Presumably same with having it done in-state.

All this is so uncharted, it’s hard to predict
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 8:56:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have all the components for a complete A1 upper. Already barreled the upper receiver. Long story short, my assumed spare FSB off another rifle is a .750 and not the required .625 to fit the slimmer barrel. The drilling, aligning and taper pinning of the new FSB is beyond my skill and toolset, so will send out to have done. Is it theoretically possible that sending it out and having it sent back after FJI signs would screw me? My sense is that, as with the reconciliation of the AWB bill with the mag bill re ‘importation’ - should it have to be out of state - I may be OK. Presumably same with having it done in-state.

All this is so uncharted, it’s hard to predict
View Quote

Worst case you drive across the border and drop it off with a smith out of state, then drive across again to pick it up. The law clearly allows YOU to leave and reenter.

I don't know if it would allow someone else to ship it to you. It might be that you can ship it out but have to go get it to bring it back.

A PO box or mailing address just across the border might be a solution
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 9:39:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Some of you people just need to chill out
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 11:00:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some of you people just need to chill out
View Quote

It's not about what we would be willing to do, it's about whether the shop you send it to is going to be willing to return it to you.

Especially for warranty repairs I expect the big gun companies like Ruger, SIG, S&W, etc, to refuse to return "assault weapons" back to WA State, so we lose warranty coverage.

I'm sure you can find "a guy" who will do it, but your options are really limited if the biggest vendors block WA.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 11:04:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God.  Find a way and stop posting.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 10:36:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Im kinda on board with this. The more we openly post the more visibility we give to the dimslee and turd minions.

Honestly Im not sure how that would go. It falls under repair Im sure. I'd contact the potential smith and ask them. Im sure these questions will eventually get answered, but as the double edge sword of keeping our mouths shut online, the questions still have to be asked to know for sure.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Im kinda on board with this. The more we openly post the more visibility we give to the dimslee and turd minions.

Honestly Im not sure how that would go. It falls under repair Im sure. I'd contact the potential smith and ask them. Im sure these questions will eventually get answered, but as the double edge sword of keeping our mouths shut online, the questions still have to be asked to know for sure.
View Quote

Boom,I appreciate your balanced thoughts, as always.

I get it about what is posted online. Eventually, I’ll figure it out offline.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 11:54:50 PM EDT
[#7]
SPR Industries is a great gunsmith located north of Seattle. He can do the work you need done.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 10:38:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
SPR Industries is a great gunsmith located north of Seattle. He can do the work you need done.
View Quote

Awesome, thanks pappy - will check him out.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:10:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

C.A.R. Firearms in Kent is another good option if you are south of Seattle.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 9:56:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup, good dude.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 7:26:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Men that claim to love freedom sure as heck embrace their chains.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 10:27:54 PM EDT
[#12]
SPR is a hell of a good guy!!!  Does beautiful work.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 12:35:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Just talk with the people you are going to work with and see what they say they will do. If they won't do it, then don't use them.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 1:50:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Do what you want, just don't talk about fight club.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:48:29 PM EDT
[#15]
LOL thread still getting traction.

All good replies, thank you ??
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:50:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

C.A.R. Firearms in Kent is another good option if you are south of Seattle.
View Quote

He did awesome work on my hs2000. On time, great price, fantastic work

Tell Trevor I said hello!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top