Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2021 1:53:08 PM EDT
I'll explain that analogy, as it applies to our country's current situation.

GD is full of "gloom & doom" threads. They run from both sides of the spectrum in probability of happening.

Alabama has a proud history of patriotism to our state, and reputation as fierce combatants when it was needed. Even so, I'm not advocating action until the timing is warranted.

However, regardless of that, we need to start small - in our homes, neighborhoods, and communities. We need to start making sure that like-minded patriots are together. Talk to your local government officials ((mayor / concil / police / fire / EMS / etc.) and see where they stand. IMHO, most of them and us are not too fond of heavy-handed federal (and state) government. We need to ensure they are with us and not against us. With stories of comms being affected (sporadic connectivity / closure / monitoring), we need to "press the flesh" and meet with these folks face-to-face. Get involved. We need to start meeting amongst ourselves as well.

We are not as big as Texas, so it would be extremely difficult to divest from the gubment tit, especially in urban, Black Belt areas, and academia. Those areas are where we would see varying opposition to reduction or loss of benefits. That is a separate discussion.

I hope and pray that we can live up to our state motto: "Audemus Jura Nostra Defendere" - "We Dare Defend Our Rights".

God Bless Alabama.

All comments JMHO, YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:04:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I agree that small steps are a necessary start.

As of the end of this weekend I no longer have or use gmail, nor will I use google or chrome, and my facebook account is closed.  I never used that twitter sewer anyway.  

I can get along just fine with a flip phone and one of those is on order.  If you are one of these poor souls that these big tech commies have you so addicted to that little device in your hand all day long you cannot contemplate giving it up, you are a lost cause anyway.

I haven't been in a movie theater since 1995 because I long ago recognized I was putting money into the pocket of my enemies that way.  HBO, Showtime, etc. have never been a part of my dish subscription and in the next year I plan to dump the dish and quit funding CNN/MSNBC/etc.  I quit watching the major networks and their immoral tribe years ago.  I quit watching all professional sports a while back so that is not new for me.

All in all I have decided to stop funding my enemies in every way I can from here on out, even if it is a minor sacrifice.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 5:32:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Agreed
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:21:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I agree that small steps are a necessary start.

As of the end of this weekend I no longer have or use gmail, nor will I use google or chrome, and my facebook account is closed.  I never used that twitter sewer anyway.  

I can get along just fine with a flip phone and one of those is on order.  If you are one of these poor souls that these big tech commies have you so addicted to that little device in your hand all day long you cannot contemplate giving it up, you are a lost cause anyway.

I haven't been in a movie theater since 1995 because I long ago recognized I was putting money into the pocket of my enemies that way.  HBO, Showtime, etc. have never been a part of my dish subscription and in the next year I plan to dump the dish and quit funding CNN/MSNBC/etc.  I quit watching the major networks and their immoral tribe years ago.  I quit watching all professional sports a while back so that is not new for me.

All in all I have decided to stop funding my enemies in every way I can from here on out, even if it is a minor sacrifice.
View Quote

All good things.  On a note of good news, Gab is going to roll out a phone service.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top