Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2018 7:13:55 PM EDT
I’m going down to Tampa on Thursday/Friday. I have made this trip home a thousand times but I always jump over to 301 at Baldwin, down to 24, Gainesville and down 75. I’ve only gone through Jax a couple times ever. Well I have to jar a stop in Daytona so I’ll hit 4 and go over to Tampa. My question is, the last time I was in Jax, a couple years ago, there was big time construction on 95 through downtown area. I thought I’d show my wife the skyline instead of taking the bypass around but is the construction still going on? If it is, I’ll go around but if not I’ll scoot straight through. I’m not sure what time of day it will be so rush hour will change my plans.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 11:16:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I travel through and around Jax quite often. 95-295w and 295e all have areas under construction. Its a crap shoot.

95 in Daytona is under construction between LPGA and the I4 exchange. YUCK!

I4 through Orlando...good luck!
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 11:33:32 PM EDT
[#2]
It's still under construction but not a big deal.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 2:08:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's still under construction but not a big deal.
View Quote
It always will be.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 7:27:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Not sure about the Jax situation but avoid 4 thru Orlando if at all possible.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:27:10 AM EDT
[#5]
No big deal going thru Jax - just depends on when you hit Jax/Daytona/Orlando as to how much traffic you will see.

Red
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:49:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Construction is mostly done.  Morning rush hour isn't bad, maybe a 10 min delay where 10 hits 95.  Evening rush hour is heavy from the mass exodus south, but usually moving even if at 45mph.

Check for no major accidents and it should be fine. It's not like 295 won't have traffic at rush hour anyway.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 12:30:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok. Thanks guys. I may be able to get out of going to Daytona, we will see. If so, I’ll hit my normal route over to Gainesville and 75.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top