Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2022 12:31:30 PM EDT
So I know if you build a lower by whatever the cutoff date is. It's supposed to be serialized/registered. Vendors probably won't send 80% to Wa residents.

What I want to know can I still buy a stripped lower receiver? No hassles or is that lumped into the new legislation?
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 12:47:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Stripped lower receivers are not affected by the new rules since they are in itself a firearm.
Issue was 80% are not firearms and possibly be bought by criminals.. screwing all the law abiding citizens out of more money by having the parts go through a FFL.

What you should be more worried about is the magazine ban. Once in affect, you can't get 10rd+ mags.  Another FU from the rule makers.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 12:47:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty sure you cannot buy an 80% come July 1st, here in WA or by ordering one.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 12:50:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty sure you cannot buy an 80% come July 1st, here in WA or by ordering one.
View Quote

It will now have to go through a FFL who will be required to engrave their FFL abbreviated # and a serial #.
The FFL will also need to keep track of those serial #s.

If companies are willing to ship the parts or if the FFL is willing to engrave the parts is a whole another thing.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 1:33:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What you should be more worried about is the magazine ban. Once in affect, you can't get 10rd+ mags.  Another FU from the rule makers.
View Quote

I recently realized I neglected to get a high capacity magazine for my 10/22 "Semiautomatic assault rifle".  However, I didn't see any that had a decent review.

RCW 9.41.010 Terms defined.
(27) "Semiautomatic assault rifle" means any rifle which utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round, and which requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 2:49:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I recently realized I neglected to get a high capacity magazine for my 10/22 "Semiautomatic assault rifle".  However, I didn't see any that had a decent review.

(27) "Semiautomatic assault rifle" means any rifle which utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round, and which requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge.
View Quote

The Ruger BX25 is decent. Promags suck.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 6:44:30 PM EDT
[#6]
80% arms will engrave lowers for you and then it will have to go through a FFL.  The price will be more than a milled stripped lower so the market will probably dry up once the feds get their way.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 12:55:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.cdnnsports.com/rugerr-10-22r-25rd-22lr-clear-syn-magazine-bx-25.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top