Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2021 12:17:09 AM EDT
I am a kansas resident. I am selling an 80% lower in the EE. It has a serial number because it was a retro colt demilled magwell that was turned into an 80% by brakeman. I have a new york resident who is an FFL and wants to purchase. How will this work for me sending it to him? I do not know if he is an 07 or an 01 if that even matters? Can i send it to his business and he receives it in with the serial number or to him as an individual? If to his business, i can ask him for his FFL info and then verify it on the ATF website.

From what i can tell, all of the websites online say it is illegal for a new yorker to purchase as of September 2019???

Help a guy out because i don't want to get myself in a pickle later on with any legal BS in new york.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 12:34:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 12:43:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you, i really appreciate your advice.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 1:41:52 PM EDT
[#3]
An 80% receiver is nothing but a paperweight!
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:17:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Well turns out i cannot sell it to the person. Since he is an FFL, he contacted his ATF agent and they said it is not new york compliant. Who know's who is correct but at this point im not going to risk it because knowing my luck, a new york politician or a federal agent will want to get me on some kind of charges. I just don't need that kind of non-sense.

I really feel bad for you guys up there in new york. You all are truly oppressed.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 9:59:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who know's who is correct but at this point im not going to risk it because knowing my luck, a new york politician or a federal agent will want to get me on some kind of charges. I just don't need that kind of non-sense.

I really feel bad for you guys up there in new york. You all are truly oppressed.
View Quote
100% correct. New York has a history of going after sellers.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:09:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well turns out i cannot sell it to the person. Since he is an FFL, he contacted his ATF agent and they said it is not new york compliant. Who know's who is correct but at this point im not going to risk it because knowing my luck, a new york politician or a federal agent will want to get me on some kind of charges. I just don't need that kind of non-sense.

View Quote

A piece of Aluminum is just a piece of Aluminum.
The FFL says he contacted the ATF about a piece of Aluminum? I don't believe him, he probably just didn't want to be bothered.
As far as being oppressed you are correct, but sadly by mid spring everyone in America will be in the same or worse boat as us NYers.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:12:19 PM EDT
[#7]
First of all it's perfectly legal to sell a piece of aluminum to someone in New York.

Second of all - even if it was not New York compliant, the buyer is an FFL? It doesn't need to be New York compliant for an FFL to have it.

Sounds like you're being lied to by the buyer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top