Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/3/2018 6:43:37 PM EDT
80% Glocks legal to finish and carry in CT?  Brownells second generation Poly 80 G17 and G19 lowers for $119.  I got a G19 and feels great... love undercut, lack of glock hump, and slightly longer tail.

ETA - found that this was answered a year ago...
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 1:26:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Cobalt frame with Brownells RMR slide and Lantac barrel

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 10:32:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Waiting for the large frame to come out hopefully soon before they try  anything with the 80% stuff Have a complete 21 upper I picked up on the EE for $100 waiting for it !!!
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 11:17:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cobalt frame with Brownells RMR slide and Lantac barrel

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/142434/IMG_0764-410372.JPG
View Quote
Very nice!  I have the same slide/optic set-up on one of my my 23 frames

Sadly I haven't got around to building my P80 compact frame yet...  I've been spending too much time working on my Jeep
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 11:56:44 AM EDT
[#4]
What's involved with the milling of those
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 12:24:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What's involved with the milling of those
View Quote
Drill 3 holes with included bits and dremel off 2 sets of tabs.  In this video a guy finishes a lower on the back of his truck at the range... snips off the tabs:

Link Posted: 1/7/2018 12:33:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I am seriously considering doing an 80% 1911. I know I can buy one cheaper but it might be a fun project. Why should JoJos have all the fun?
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 1:02:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Ghost Gunner CNC will do 80% lowers, 1911's and soon Polymer Glock 80 frames but the machine isn't cheap.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 1:26:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I am seriously considering doing an 80% 1911. I know I can buy one cheaper but it might be a fun project. Why should JoJos have all the fun?
View Quote
There's a guy on YouTube mosin virus I think. He has a bunch of videos with the 1911 builder 80%

Pretty good. They also have a bunch of different frames. Rails no rails carbon 416 or aluminum
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 9:08:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:32:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Nice job!   I've done a few of the poly80 builds, they are incredibly easy.
View Quote
Thanks... also ordered a G17 lower in grey for a slide that was left lonely after Brownells RMR slide upgrade for Gen 2 G17 suppressor host...  GPD (Glock or Ghost pistol disease)
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Holsters? I hear they may not fit.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 10:21:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Holsters? I hear they may not fit.
View Quote
Per youtube, there are a bunch of places making holsters for them but, depending on the holster, sometimes possible use a heat gun on existing G19 kydex holster around the trigger guard to reform a bit for these.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 9:32:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thanks... also ordered a G17 lower in grey for a slide that was left lonely after Brownells RMR slide upgrade for Gen 2 G17 suppressor host...  GPD (Glock or Ghost pistol disease)
View Quote
How do you like the Brownell's RMR slide?  My gen 2 G17 suppressor host wants one too... but have seen a bunch of bad reviews (people claiming sloppy fit, poor milling, rough edges, etc...).
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 10:38:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

How do you like the Brownell's RMR slide?  My gen 2 G17 suppressor host wants one too... but have seen a bunch of bad reviews (people claiming sloppy fit, poor milling, rough edges, etc...).
View Quote
Have not shot the 19 slide yet but RMR milling on both it and the 17 slide seem perfect / snug RMR fit.  Fit to frame seems same as factory to me.  They are definitely more angular / less rounded than factory slide and front and rear serrations are a bit sharp.  G30 in photo below was milled and ceracoted at Battlewerx (would recommend for factory slide work).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 10:51:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Brownells RMR slide... photo before recoil spring arrived so not complete:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 4:49:42 PM EDT
[#16]
jasonusvi, thanks for the info & pics.  Just ordered one for $166 shipped.  I already have the suppressor height sights, now I just need the parts kit... and another RM06
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 6:40:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
jasonusvi, thanks for the info & pics.  Just ordered one for $166 shipped.  I already have the suppressor height sights, now I just need the parts kit... and another RM06
View Quote
Cool.  You get a 19 or 17?  I'm thinking about removing the nub at the front of the trigger guard.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 6:54:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Brownells RMR slide... photo before recoil spring arrived so not complete:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/142434/IMG_0754-416920.JPG
View Quote
looks very nice
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 8:34:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Cool.  You get a 19 or 17?  I'm thinking about removing the nub at the front of the trigger guard.
View Quote
I got a Brownell's 17 rmr slide, no window... it's for my "pre ban" gen 2 G17 frame, not for a poly80.

I sold off the 80 lower that I bought when they came out, didn't like the first version too much.  current poly 80 version seems to have fixed all issues so I'll probably wind up doing one of them and using the factory slide from my 17.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 5:02:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Just ran 200+ rounds with 3 glock 17 round, 2 ETS 20 round, and 2 Magpul 15 round mags.  No malfunctions using any of the mags. Successful outing despite the cold.

Will put together the G17 lower next week.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 11:07:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Finished G17 P80 (top) and slapped original Glock slide on it:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 8:39:52 AM EDT
[#22]
looks great, I like the gray frame.  my rmr slide finally arrived, still hunting for slide parts kits.  P80 frames must be draining the supply, damn things have been out of stock everywhere (without buying by the piece or getting a "performance" parts kit).
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 11:24:27 AM EDT
[#23]
I think I seen somewhere that they came out with a Poly 80% G43 lower Really wanted it to be the large frame !!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 11:39:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I think I seen somewhere that they came out with a Poly 80% G43 lower Really wanted it to be the large frame !!!
View Quote
The SS80 80% G43 lower kit

http://www.glockstore.com/SS80-M-Model

Link Posted: 1/21/2018 3:43:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Good deal on P80 lowers. + free ship $120
G19/23 are OOS though

https://www.righttobear.com/80-Glock-1911-Pistol-Frames-s/2006.htm
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:03:35 AM EDT
[#26]
$121 at Brownell's, use code DJJ for another $10 off and free shipping.  New "V2" style, large frame in stock.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 11:29:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
$121 at Brownell's, use code DJJ for another $10 off and free shipping.  New "V2" style, large frame in stock.
View Quote
Think he is looking for large frame as in 10mm/45acp (G20/21) and not G17.  I would definitely like to see G21 and G30 size frames also.  ETA:  FYI, Lonewolf has some G30 size Dillon 9x25 barrels on clearance for $50 (10mm cases necked to 9mm... basically 357sig on steroids).  I couldn's pass that up and got some ammo from Underwood to try it out (not yet sure if I want to load it).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 6:43:59 PM EDT
[#28]
DSA doing Glock slides with RMR and "control cuts" for $180... doing G17 slides first... then G19:

[SHOT 2018] DSA's Inexpensive Steel and Titanium Glock Slides

A modular glock compatible gun at shot show 2018:

[youtube]B36bH4SN2Qo?t=2m58s[/youtube]
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 7:10:06 PM EDT
[#29]
I want to do one but always end up saying I'll just buy a complete one
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 2:00:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Get them while you can !!! Channel 3 just ran the bump fire stock and Ghost Gun ban the state is trying to pass. By the story they say Ghost Guns are able to be made, have no serial # and are able to be sold to people after they are made without a permit
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 4:29:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Get them while you can !!! Channel 3 just ran the bump fire stock and Ghost Gun ban the state is trying to pass. By the story they say Ghost Guns are able to be made, have no serial # and are able to be sold to people after they are made without a permit
View Quote
I don't think the state could enforce a ban on 80% pistol receivers -the best they could hope for is that companies won't sell or ship them here. If someone were to buy one out of state and build it here- there is no requirement to register it so.... kind of unenforceable
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 9:29:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I don't think the state could enforce a ban on 80% pistol receivers -the best they could hope for is that companies won't sell or ship them here. If someone were to buy one out of state and build it here- there is no requirement to register it so.... kind of unenforceable
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Additionally, IMO the most they'd do is require serialization. FDM87 is spoken for in that case.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 11:08:06 PM EDT
[#33]
They’ll just ban all online gun part sales to stop it.
No more triggers, roll pins, gas blocks, uppers, barrels, slides, night sights, etc. some websites already don’t ship to ct as it is.

Where is a good website to order an 80 glock from and which is a “better” one to have?
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 11:18:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Additionally, IMO the most they'd do is require serialization. FDM87 is spoken for in that case.
View Quote
Well- the receivers have been available for a while- so that won't stop anyone from buying after the fact

Registration is his only hope- as the Feds do not require serial numbers and requiring all handguns to be registered will be a problem- but hey , what do I know
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 2:10:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Where is a good website to order an 80 glock from and which is a “better” one to have?
View Quote
Polymer80
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 2:46:56 PM EDT
[#36]
MidwayUSA has the G19 frames on sale.

I finished my Ghost Gun V1.5 last week.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 3:23:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/89362/20180131_204859-443318.JPG
View Quote
Now you can sell it to anyone, but before you do, put on a bayonet for extra killing purposes

Edit to add- put a bump stock on it for the trifecta
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 10:58:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Now you can sell it to anyone, but before you do, put on a bayonet for extra killing purposes

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nutter I think it's the media putting their spin on it to make the unknown piss in their pants thinking of some evil illegal alien household with children slaves pumping these ghost guns out of a basement to be sold to drug dealers and criminals !!
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 12:04:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Nutter I think it's the media putting their spin on it to make the unknown piss in their pants thinking of some evil illegal alien household with children slaves pumping these ghost guns out of a basement to be sold to drug dealers and criminals !!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The media.....nah, I read in the Ct post that most people in CT dont mind paying higher taxes so long as the handouts are not touched. I also read in the post that we actually support tolls and dont mind paying our fair share to use the highways cuz ........its the right thing to do. Sell your ghost guns now with bump stocks so that you can have a toll and tax slush fund.......for future use
I bought a 3d printer so that i can make tacticool shit when tacticool shit becomes illegal--------just kidding, I have trouble using my phone.

P.S

Only sicario's on Vice and Fusion tv have ghost guns with bayonets and bump stocks cause that what assassins use...............and shit!
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#40]
9mm pffffttt.

Wake me up when they make frames for 10mm
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 8:33:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 10:12:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
9mm pffffttt.

Wake me up when they make frames for 10mm
View Quote
This !!!! Have a complete 21 upper that I picked up some time ago on here for $100 that is lonely
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 5:23:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Ok, flame suit on. What is the big fuss and appeal of these 80% lowers? Seems hard to believe that it’s the pleasure of building your own since all you do is drill a couple holes and dremel a few spots. Is it that you are getting over on the man by not having a serialized gun?

Glock frames are cheap and I would rather have one from the factory over one from another company and drilled out on my own. I wouldn’t carry a ghost gun personally. So what’s the big draw here? Honest question. I don’t care what anyone spends their own money on but I feel like I must be missing something.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 7:06:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Ok, flame suit on. What is the big fuss and appeal of these 80% lowers? Seems hard to believe that it’s the pleasure of building your own since all you do is drill a couple holes and dremel a few spots. Is it that you are getting over on the man by not having a serialized gun?

Glock frames are cheap and I would rather have one from the factory over one from another company and drilled out on my own. I wouldn’t carry a ghost gun personally. So what’s the big draw here? Honest question. I don’t care what anyone spends their own money on but I feel like I must be missing something.
View Quote
I agree! By  the time you buy a slide and all the other parts, why not buy a real glock?? And what happens if you have a run-in with the police with the non-serialized 80% gun you built?? Are they gonna flip out cuz the gun doesn't have a serial number??
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 7:42:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
I was thinking the same thing. Glocks to begin with are not very exciting guns. They just work and are cheap.

Building an 80% gun of any sort is certainly not cost effective. They usually cost more in total.

I have built 80% ARs in the past. It was more of a project to get a custom gun and a project my son and I could do together.

I thought about doing an 80% 1911 but after I looked into it I can buy a real nice 1911 for the same money. I could also buy a lower priced model and upgrade it. So that idea is on hold indefinitely.

Do the 80% Glock frames have the metal molded in them?
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 7:48:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Why build an AR upper when it is usually cheaper and easier to buy one?  It still takes trial and error to fit parts.  To get the gun to function.  The fun in planning the build.  Finding the deals on the parts.  I went a step farther by sanding down the awful grip texture and stippling the grip.

For me, I like building my stuff my way.  I was in no rush, buying all my parts onsale.  My build was 400 bucks.  Being my first ghost gun, that was part of the experience.   I wouldn't mind building more but we can't have new rifles.  I wouldnt mind handling polymer80's G19 frame before buying.  I would probably build a G20 when the frames come out.

This project wasnt as hard as building my 1911 or AK74 but it was still rewarding.   Next project is to build several F1 suppressors.

Quoted:
Seems hard to believe that it’s the pleasure of building your own since all you do is drill a couple holes and dremel a few spots. Is it that you are getting over on the man by not having a serialized gun?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Seems hard to believe that it’s the pleasure of building your own since all you do is drill a couple holes and dremel a few spots. Is it that you are getting over on the man by not having a serialized gun?
Quoted:
Do the 80% Glock frames have the metal molded in them?
The front and rear rails are drop in on the current frames.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 12:17:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
I’m with you especially since I do not care for Glocks at all.

But given what we can and can’t do here or have here, if guys want to make these things then why not?  Probably a bit of fun as well.

I can’t see anybody saving money in the long run because Glocks and their parts are so inexpensive but maybe there are deals to be had.

No one is putting anything over on The Man.  So called ghost guns already have some eyes looking at them.  Every action brings a reaction.  Tough to stay ahead although I do give some of you credit for being so persistent.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 12:36:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Why build an AR upper when it is usually cheaper and easier to buy one?  It still takes trial and error to fit parts.  To get the gun to function.  The fun in planning the build.  Finding the deals on the parts.  I went a step farther by sanding down the awful grip texture and stippling the grip.

For me, I like building my stuff my way.  I was in no rush, buying all my parts onsale.  My build was 400 bucks.  Being my first ghost gun, that was part of the experience.   I wouldn't mind building more but we can't have new rifles.  I wouldnt mind handling polymer80's G19 frame before buying.  I would probably build a G20 when the frames come out.

This project wasnt as hard as building my 1911 or AK74 but it was still rewarding.   Next project is to build several F1 suppressors.

Did not mean to strike a nerve or pick on anyone. I doubt anyone does 80% stuff for the savings.

Not being a Glock fan boy I have no interest. I do want to tackle a 1911 someday. I need to buy some tools to do one. I am debating an 80% vs. one of the Caspian frames. I would learn and hopefully get a gun I can hand down to my son. I know that sucker will cost me a ton more than a completed one.

I did machine 4 AR15 and 4 AR10 lowers. Luckily I did this before the law changed. I might consider doing a .22LR because they were fun. My son and I had custom engraving done.

I have 5 Form 1 suppressors to finish. That will be next winter's project.Again no money save considering all the deals out there now.

It is rewarding building something and getting it working.

The front and rear rails are drop in on the current frames.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 6:42:24 AM EDT
[#49]
You build ar uppers for enjoyment, sometimes money saving, and for how YOU want it. I built my last upper last year. I wanted certain parts. Where if I bought the upper then bought the rail I wanted, I’d be spending an extra $250. Not including the flash hider. Then, I’d have to take off the gasblock to get to the barrel but, and remove the flash hider. So sometimes you can find an upper for the same price as your building it for, but really, it’s cheaper to build yourself depending on what you want.

But these 80% glock lowers seem like a waste unless you want to play mr gunsmith.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 8:13:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Yea I am not saying that I don’t get buying parts to build any gun the way you want it. I specifically am referring to the Glock frame is all. Heck I am a Glock guy partially because of the aftermarket. My glocks are not very Glock anymore. In fact the frames are one of the few things glock left now that I am thinking about it. I was not saving money, I was hemorrhaging money with my builds. Maybe finishing off an 80% frame is more fun than I am giving it credit for. I also don’t own a ton of guns, just a select few for hard use and don’t find myself in fun projects often. Maybe when the wife starts working again I will have some more free money for fun projects!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top