[#2]
It's gone.

Had a good bit of "rumble" at my house.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 8:17:30 PM EDT
[#3]
We saw it.  Very nice!
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 8:20:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Love the halo after the boosters separate and their corrective "Burns" for reentry. Good show.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 8:58:01 PM EDT
[#5]
oh is that what these people were looking at?  I came out of the hospital around 8:10 & saw these people all looking up at the sky.  All I saw was the moon, & went to my car & drove home.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 9:10:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Just by chance, i was working in the yard in 1981 when the very first shuttle went up.  after the launch i went back to work in the yard.  I had been working a few minutes when this strange rumble occurred.  That was before they used all of the water to suppress the sound.  I was 53 miles from the cape and the ground rumbled.

Tonight was one of the better launches as far as launches in general.  It was amazing that the light of the engine illuminated the gases and vapors. Nice... very nice.

I am literally a rocket scientist, but am still amazed as to the ability of mankind.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 9:54:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Amazing light show.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 11:26:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Amazing light show.
View Quote

Spectacular launch!

From Sanford.

Potato pictures...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

ETA: too tired and buzzed to fix them, hold yer compooter sideways!
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 8:00:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Impressive plume to that rocket and I couldn't believe how long the sections that fell off continued to burn.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 10:01:19 AM EDT
[#10]
One of the cool things I miss about living down there. Used to watch every launch. Too far away now.
But now I can actually see the stars at night.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 1:31:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I was able to see it from my backyard (New Smyrna Beach). Didn't know about it until a few mins before it launched or else I'd try to get closer to the beach. It was pretty cool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top