Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2021 10:21:33 AM EDT
Seem our RINO 6th District Rep Fred Upton voted to Impeach.
Needless to say this morning I fired off a email to him to register my displeasure.

A copy below is what I sent the POS.

Mr. Upton,
I see you joined the Democrats and voted to Impeach. Well, This I will remember when you come up for reelection.  You resent the people of your district, which I am a member of, and not your personal views.  Seem you forgot who you work for,  Because of you turning your back to your constituents, I will do everything in my power to help you get removed from office. Even if I have to vote for a Democrat to do so.  I now classify you as a RINO.

William Stanczyk
Niles
Veteran; US Army 1970-72
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:29:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Somebody in Rep. Meijer's district needs to send him a similar letter.  Already declared a RINO for his first term in office.  SMH
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:51:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Somebody in Rep. Meijer's district needs to send him a similar letter.  Already declared a RINO for his first term in office.  SMH
View Quote
He looks like a douche bag.  I hope he gets primaried.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:16:13 PM EDT
[#3]
There needs to be a pined thread keeping track of all of them.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 3:08:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Spend too much time in the swamp, and you'll begin to smell like it too.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:19:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like Rep. Meijer has a challenger already:  First GOP primary challenger in MI

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:34:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Looks like Rep. Meijer has a challenger already:  First GOP primary challenger in MI

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:47:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nice!
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 9:29:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 9:54:08 AM EDT
[#9]
He's not my Rep
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 11:28:39 AM EDT
[#10]
I got his bull shit response to my letter I sent him on his Trump Impeachment vote.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thu, Feb 04, 2021 06:16 PM

February 4, 2021

Dear William,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the events at the U.S. Capitol on January 6th and my subsequent vote to impeach President Donald Trump. I appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to respond.

Over the past several weeks, I have spoken to many folks across Southwest Michigan with deeply-held views regarding my impeachment vote, reiterating that I have supported President Trump where we both agreed and challenged him where we did not, as I have done with every president. I can assure you that I did not reach this conclusion lightly and it is frankly one that I wish I never had to take. However, the facts are clear and I support my decision.

On January 6th, while I joined my House and Senate colleagues in a joint session of Congress to certify the Electoral College and confirm President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris’s victory, a violent mob descended upon the U.S. Capitol in an attempt to undo the constitutional transfer of power, and as a result, five people tragically lost their lives – including a brave Capitol police officer. In the aftermath, over 100 local and federal law enforcement officers suffered injuries, and two more have died by suicide.

Following these horrific events, President Trump failed to take any responsibility for his inflammatory rhetoric that helped incite the violence and instead characterized his comments as “totally appropriate.” This sends exactly the wrong signal to those of us who support the very core of our democratic principles and took a solemn oath to the Constitution.

While I would have preferred a formal, bipartisan censure as opposed to a drawn-out impeachment process, the Congress had no choice but to hold President Trump to account for his actions and send a clear message that our country cannot and will not tolerate any effort by any president to impede the peaceful transfer of power from one president to the next.

In the months and years ahead, I remain committed to delivering results for Southwest Michigan and the American people as we look to eradicate COVID-19, recharge our economy, and restore our way of life. The time is now to come together as one nation and move forward – together.

Thank you again for contacting me. As always, I appreciate hearing from you and look forward to your continued input. It’s of the utmost importance to me that I answer your questions and that your voice is heard. If you feel my response did not sufficiently address your specific concerns, please visit my website: upton.house.gov/issues to see my official position on more than 70 issues and policy concerns and to view my official voting record. Or you can call my offices in Kalamazoo (269-385-0039), St. Joseph/Benton Harbor (269-982-1986), or Washington, D.C. (202-225-3761) anytime to speak with myself or one of my dedicated staff members. In addition, I encourage you to sign up for my weekly e-newsletter to stay up-to-date on what I’m working on each week in Congress. I understand fully that the political atmosphere right now is highly charged and I thank you for your note and hope to continue this respectful, productive dialogue anytime you wish.

Sincerely,

Fred Upton
Member of Congress
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 3:00:07 PM EDT
[#11]
FFU
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 9:43:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I got his bull shit response to my letter I sent him on his Trump Impeachment vote.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thu, Feb 04, 2021 06:16 PM

February 4, 2021

Dear William,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the events at the U.S. Capitol on January 6th and my subsequent vote to impeach President Donald Trump. I appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to respond.

Over the past several weeks, I have spoken to many folks across Southwest Michigan with deeply-held views regarding my impeachment vote, reiterating that I have supported President Trump where we both agreed and challenged him where we did not, as I have done with every president. I can assure you that I did not reach this conclusion lightly and it is frankly one that I wish I never had to take. However, the facts are clear and I support my decision.

On January 6th, while I joined my House and Senate colleagues in a joint session of Congress to certify the Electoral College and confirm President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris’s victory, a violent mob descended upon the U.S. Capitol in an attempt to undo the constitutional transfer of power, and as a result, five people tragically lost their lives – including a brave Capitol police officer. In the aftermath, over 100 local and federal law enforcement officers suffered injuries, and two more have died by suicide.

Following these horrific events, President Trump failed to take any responsibility for his inflammatory rhetoric that helped incite the violence and instead characterized his comments as “totally appropriate.” This sends exactly the wrong signal to those of us who support the very core of our democratic principles and took a solemn oath to the Constitution.

While I would have preferred a formal, bipartisan censure as opposed to a drawn-out impeachment process, the Congress had no choice but to hold President Trump to account for his actions and send a clear message that our country cannot and will not tolerate any effort by any president to impede the peaceful transfer of power from one president to the next.

In the months and years ahead, I remain committed to delivering results for Southwest Michigan and the American people as we look to eradicate COVID-19, recharge our economy, and restore our way of life. The time is now to come together as one nation and move forward – together.

Thank you again for contacting me. As always, I appreciate hearing from you and look forward to your continued input. It’s of the utmost importance to me that I answer your questions and that your voice is heard. If you feel my response did not sufficiently address your specific concerns, please visit my website: upton.house.gov/issues to see my official position on more than 70 issues and policy concerns and to view my official voting record. Or you can call my offices in Kalamazoo (269-385-0039), St. Joseph/Benton Harbor (269-982-1986), or Washington, D.C. (202-225-3761) anytime to speak with myself or one of my dedicated staff members. In addition, I encourage you to sign up for my weekly e-newsletter to stay up-to-date on what I’m working on each week in Congress. I understand fully that the political atmosphere right now is highly charged and I thank you for your note and hope to continue this respectful, productive dialogue anytime you wish.

Sincerely,

Fred Upton
Member of Congress
View Quote

Cocksucker!!
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 8:08:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Meijer gets beat up at town hall meeting

"Meijer will likely be a one-term Congressman because of his cowardly actions to oppose President Trump with the Democrats."

Sure hope so!

Link Posted: 2/6/2021 9:00:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Now if we can find a solid candidate to run against Upton in the next primary.

His RINO ass needs to be replaced. Hew even voted to strip MTG of her committee assignments.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 7:09:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Upton has been a bag of Marxist shit since the late 80's.

We have been trying to primary him ever since, and keep running into the same thing.
The GOPe, and limitless $$$$ keeping him in office.
It doesn't help that the Dutch reformed mafia loves the guy either.

We tried with a local teacher/conservationist/conservative/2A supporter/businessman candidate with HUGE local support.
Kalamazoo and St.Joe slandered the poor guy and fabricated all kinds of lies that the GOPe backed with TV ad funding, and mail propaganda bullshit by the buckets.
Money poured in from the GOP as independent PAC support for Fred, that was way out of normal, because the little rural guy was a threat, and the energy sector protected their investment.

Even the Unions gave up trying to run a Dem. candidate worth a crap, because they can get what they want from Fred.

Term limits is the only answer.

Upton has said that he is retiring, so stand the hell by.
If he does retire, the Dems of Kazoo will have their way, and the GOPe wont bother dropping a dime.
Uptons committee seats are what keeps him untouchable.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 8:54:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Fred Upton is a total puke. If anyone has any information on any useful legislation that he’s introduced while serving as a congressman can you please share it...I could just never bring myself to vote for him. Always voted Libertarian instead.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 11:04:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Fred Upton is a total puke. If anyone has any information on any useful legislation that he’s introduced while serving as a congressman can you please share it...I could just never bring myself to vote for him. Always voted Libertarian instead.
View Quote

It doesn't exist. He always votes with the Dem's. I hate that man, and politely told him so on more that one occasion.

He needs to get replaced.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 8:21:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Fred Upton has been in Congress way to long. He was old when he visited my Michigan history class in 1988.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top