[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What is PPE?
View Quote

Personal
Protective
Equipment

Edit: just to ask, is everyone doing ok?
I worked out in the garden today.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 8:08:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

What is PPE?
View Quote

Gloves, masks, etc
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 8:11:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Just moving some equipment today before going back to work tomorrow.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 8:34:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Personal
Protective
Equipment

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/228520/A39214F8-E398-4009-8B82-3981B3959C94_jpe-1340601.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is PPE?

Personal
Protective
Equipment

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/228520/A39214F8-E398-4009-8B82-3981B3959C94_jpe-1340601.JPG

Hanging in there.  Trying to keep the doors open on the business and help out the community when we can.   Going stir crazy, went and built a bunch of hand sanitizer stations today for our clients.   Just hope we can get enough refills to keep up with demand.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 9:23:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Hand sanitizers, nice. I hope people use them. My hands are freakin’ dry from washing them so much & I hate hand lotion, so I guess I’ll just have to live with it for now.

I’m off all this week. I have no idea what I’m going to do. Twiddle my thumbs I guess.

Next week I’m essential, as I run payroll for 11 other businesses.

Edit: Buck1911, you have a farm?
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 11:48:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a retirement/bol place in the mountains that I work on when I can 350 acres with large metal building and greenhouse. I got this little tractor when I started not realizing that anything less than a D9 is useless......
Bringing it to town for my son to use landscaping his yard then selling it. John deere 770 great little machine unless rock is your constant companion.

Wish I had bought a farm but BFE bol was my goal.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 11:07:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Navajo Rez
115 Cases and 2 confirmed deaths
Curfews ordered

Navajo Times
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 1:59:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 6:54:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Just read the short news article on KVIA that NM had its 5 death, it states a male in his 40s and thats it.

People would like to know a little more details, like any underlying conditions etc.....

She announced the state's fifth virus death, an Albuquerque-area man in his 40s who was found unresponsive, and predicted that unfortunately "we will see more deaths.

KVIA
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:23:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Good luck enforcing that
View Quote

the rez's were blocked off with cops at every entrance when I drove by last night and this morning.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:39:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

the rez's were blocked off with cops at every entrance when I drove by last night and this morning.
View Quote

Which ones?
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:49:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Which ones?
View Quote

San Felipe and Santo Domingo.

those I could see from the highway... barriers up and police at the entrance.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 6:14:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Hunter/Gatherer mission today was a success ……

Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:12:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

https://i.postimg.cc/dtf9c5z4/9391-B8-A7-DF0-C-414-E-BB69-D1-B4-BA98-DF7-C.jpg
View Quote

Did you encounter any walkers?
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:37:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Did you encounter any walkers?
View Quote

Just your typical Walmart shoppers……so yeah……??
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:38:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

https://i.postimg.cc/dtf9c5z4/9391-B8-A7-DF0-C-414-E-BB69-D1-B4-BA98-DF7-C.jpg
View Quote

Amateur

Attachment Attached File
B
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:51:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 11:11:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes

Lol thanks.  

Going to pick some stuff up from Will tomorrow if you or anyone along the route from Hobbs to Mayhill, to Ruidoso then back to Hobbs needs anything let me know.   We’ve got tons of TP for our company and am not worried about resupply.  It’ll be back on shelves before we run out.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 11:41:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Lol thanks.  

Going to pick some stuff up from Will tomorrow if you or anyone along the route from Hobbs to Mayhill, to Ruidoso then back to Hobbs needs anything let me know.   We’ve got tons of TP for our company and am not worried about resupply.  It’ll be back on shelves before we run out.
View Quote

Thanks amigo… We are real good for supplies now.

I am glad that deal with Mr. Will is working out…
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 2:45:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 7:52:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Was all the good beer gone? I only see Coors Light.
View Quote

Funnily is the only thing I’ve seen missing is CL Smoothies and Everclear.

Liquor departments all look like 4th of July and spring break hit at the same time.  Still got stuff, but not fully stocked either.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 9:37:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Lol thanks.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Lol thanks.  

575-361-7919 if anyone needs any  TP org sanitixrt while life I’m out]
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 9:44:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I dont know if I need sanitixrt but if your in roswell we are somewhat open and have good coffee in a clean environment stop in if you need some.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:25:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Navajo Update from April 1st

A Plea from the Navajo Nation...
from both Indian Health Service (IHS) and tribally run hospitals, of which there are only a handful serving an area the size of West Virginia... Please read.
Many are feeling alone on the Navajo Nation right now, especially in the remote community of Chilchenbito, which is essentially on lockdown due to the major outbreak of SARS-CoV-2, the virus causing COVID-19.
As a public health physician living in this area for the past 8 years, I am part of the Epi Response Team, and have already witnessed the terrible impact this virus has had, and it’s only just the beginning. It is rapidly spreading to surrounding communities, mostly due to a multi-church gathering that occurred in Chilchenbito in early March, and the handful of emergency rooms on the Reservation are already overwhelmed with people presenting in respiratory distress. Many are being intubated, stabilized, and flown out to tertiary care centers scattered across AZ, NM, UT, and CO; but some are also dying at home or shortly after arrival to the ER, and not being tested at all because we don’t have a system in place for post-mortem testing. General testing is also not widespread, so the true numbers are grossly underestimated. Our tertiary care centers in the surrounding states are filling up fast - likely reaching capacity by next week - and we will have to keep these incredibly sick patients at our facilities on the Rez, without enough critical care nurses or PPE. We have smart doctors and nurses here and we are actively surge planning: designing respiratory care units in existing spaces and purchasing more ventilators (that are on back order), but it’s just not going to be enough.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 11:07:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I dont know if I need sanitixrt but if your in roswell we are somewhat open and have good coffee in a clean environment stop in if you need some.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, sanitizer.   Damn sure woulda stopped in if I had checked in before I left Roswell.  I chugged a half dozen Starbucks espresso can thingies today driving.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 9:01:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Numbers continue to grow on the Navajo Rez, remember that this is about a 2 day lag because of the time it takes to get the test results back.

The COVID-19 cases on Navajo increased by 18 percent today to 321, with one more death for a total of 13.

Navajo County, Arizona, leads with 137; Coconino County, Arizona: 90; Apache County, Arizona: 31; San Juan County, New Mexico: 30; McKinley County, New Mexico: 17; Cibola County, New Mexico: 7; San Juan County, Utah: 7; Socorro County, New Mexico: 2.
View Quote

Link To Navajo Times Full Article
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 1:45:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 9:15:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
+108 just today
View Quote

I think we're gonna see a lot of it out on the rez.

I wish the numbers were more specific than county.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 9:41:03 PM EDT
[#30]
I've been informed by a friend that Sandia Labs is giving out travel papers now…
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 9:49:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 11:55:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Navajo Rez @ 600
Curfew begins tonight (Friday)
Navajo Times Story
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 9:28:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Terrible. With this things effects on diabetes, and the prevalence on the rez this is gonna be bad for em.

I have some friends out in Santo Domingo... I need to check in on em. Good people their father has dedicated his life to helping vets with the VA process.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 10:02:05 AM EDT
[#34]
I have been talking till I am blue in the face to people worried about the kung flu and as soon as I say go keto and stop smoking they look at me like I sprouted horns.
This is people on and off the rez.
It is far past time for people to start taking responsibility for there health.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 11:46:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 11:55:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I have a retirement/bol place in the mountains that I work on when I can 350 acres with large metal building and greenhouse. I got this little tractor when I started not realizing that anything less than a D9 is useless......
Bringing it to town for my son to use landscaping his yard then selling it. John deere 770 great little machine unless rock is your constant companion.

View Quote

BTDT.

Had a friend ask for my help starting a garden.   His land is 75% rock, and some of those boulders are the size of a volkswagen.   We tried using his tractor and rippers but couldn't make a dent it the soil.   Nothing short of massive excavating equipment will work.   I pulled  6" diameter pine trees and the root balls were wrapped around 200 lbs of rocks.  

He bought in BFE, but now has forest people living too close for comfort, so I'm building steel enclosures for his well and outdoor electrical outlets, as well as a dozen other projects to fortify the property.

If anyone needs a few 30ft light poles to mount cameras, lights, wind generators, etc. on, let me know.   These poles have a ballast arm and a pivot halfway up, so you can swing the top of the pole down to ground level for maintenance if needed.

And, if you are looking to build a walk-in safe, I know of several bank vault doors and frames that are for sale.

Link Posted: 4/15/2020 9:20:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don’t know how I missed this post Buck.

350 acres is nice. I can’t imagine taking care of that by yourself.

My family has a cabin & some land up near Pie Town. It’s only 6 acres though. We have a little Cat skid steer & it’s plenty for 6 acres. Although that Cat has a hard time with the amount of rocks up there.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 9:55:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

BTDT.

Had a friend ask for my help starting a garden.   His land is 75% rock, and some of those boulders are the size of a volkswagen.   We tried using his tractor and rippers but couldn't make a dent it the soil.   Nothing short of massive excavating equipment will work.   I pulled  6" diameter pine trees and the root balls were wrapped around 200 lbs of rocks.  

He bought in BFE, but now has forest people living too close for comfort, so I'm building steel enclosures for his well and outdoor electrical outlets, as well as a dozen other projects to fortify the property.

If anyone needs a few 30ft light poles to mount cameras, lights, wind generators, etc. on, let me know.   These poles have a ballast arm and a pivot halfway up, so you can swing the top of the pole down to ground level for maintenance if needed.

And, if you are looking to build a walk-in safe, I know of several bank vault doors and frames that are for sale.

View Quote

My choice in BFE location makes it highly unlikely that I will never have forrest people types. Looked at some beautiful forested areas and in my imagination I saw migrants shiting up river from me poisening the water and then starting repeated forest fires.... NOPE. BOL is for survival not fighting off idiots. Moved from Dallas 20 years ago realizing being surrounded by stupid would compound my own mistakes into death.
No water for people from the city to follow up hill to me and it's not walkable from the nearest town. Wanted some place that orphan kids wouldn't be showing up to as I never want to decide there fate. Only downside to that is there won't be soccer moms showing up so no harem.....
Interested/curious about poles and doors...
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 9:44:10 AM EDT
[#39]
There's basically no reason to remain closed at this point, the majority of new cases are relegated to the rez, the danger of not having enough hospital beds is over, and we're now facing something worse, the firing of health care workers.

my technician rents his guest house out to traveling nurses, the one that was renting from him till aug had her contract terminated, she's back in FL.

The whole point was never to stop the virus, it was to give us time to prepare, we seem to have forgotten that, and the little tyrant is hell bent on enforcing her will.

Attachment Attached File

how much flatter do you want that curve. we're now approaching the point when convalescent therapy with in-state blood supply becomes more than viable therapy.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 1:04:26 PM EDT
[#40]
just found out the two recent cases in santa fe are mexicans at the chamisa shopping center on airport, where the mojos have been going without following any rules because fucking illegals operate above the law...

fucks hang out at the car wash, even have an upside down flag they fly.. hate these motherfuckers.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top