Posted: 3/11/2020 2:21:48 PM EDT
It's here...

title edit to update numbers-NMwaterfowler
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 2:37:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Hello from Socorro County.

Doing fine so far. Gotta pack of TP for sale, $300 if anyone’s interested.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 8:21:00 PM EDT
[#3]
If your over 60 and not healthy the SHTF!!!
Or a smoker...
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 12:31:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 12:48:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 1:22:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Toilet paper aisle at Albertsons in ABQ tonight. WTF?
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 8:53:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The stores up here in Farmington are pretty much wiped out of toilet paper and low on bottled water.
I wonder how long until they close schools?
View Quote
I was in Albertsons in Hobbs about 2 hours after the case was announced and I saw 3 folks with carts filled with TP.   We buy bulk for work, porta potty’s and go through 1000-3000 rolls a month.  Our bulk online suppliers have gone up 30-50% in price yesterday alone.

All the bulk TP I’ve looked at is made in the USA, but unsure where they get their pulp or parts for the machines from.   Hand sanitizer refills for the bulk dispensers is unavailable, and we’ve been told by supply houses that there will be none for the foreseeable future, or something the like.  Even the hand sanitizer dispensers and stands are sold out across everywhere I’ve looked.  Nitrile gloves are pretty much gone from the supply houses and amazon, at least the brands we like, same with paper masks.

People have gone full retard.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 2:59:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was in Albertsons in Hobbs about 2 hours after the case was announced and I saw 3 folks with carts filled with TP.   We buy bulk for work, porta potty’s and go through 1000-3000 rolls a month.  Our bulk online suppliers have gone up 30-50% in price yesterday alone.

All the bulk TP I’ve looked at is made in the USA, but unsure where they get their pulp or parts for the machines from.   Hand sanitizer refills for the bulk dispensers is unavailable, and we’ve been told by supply houses that there will be none for the foreseeable future, or something the like.  Even the hand sanitizer dispensers and stands are sold out across everywhere I’ve looked.  Nitrile gloves are pretty much gone from the supply houses and amazon, at least the brands we like, same with paper masks.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The stores up here in Farmington are pretty much wiped out of toilet paper and low on bottled water.
I wonder how long until they close schools?

TP is now gone from the suppliers except for Charmin, as of this morning, and it was low.   Unlike the hand sanitizer, masks, gloves and panic stuff they haven’t heard any guidance on delays, leading them to believe they will receive deliveries as scheduled.

Buddy at Home Depot this morning said they had everything but sanitizer and masks.   La Tienda had been hit, but had a little of everything but hand sanitizer.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 5:23:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe I’m missing something but why Toilet paper? Hand sanitizer? Seems like Medicine, Food and water would be more appropriate.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 6:48:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Maybe I’m missing something but why Toilet paper? Hand sanitizer? Seems like Medicine, Food and water would be more appropriate.
View Quote
Because the unprepared tend to be full of shit?
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 9:02:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 11:04:41 PM EDT
[#12]
The great TP famine of 2020.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 2:20:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 11:23:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Rumors of a 7+ day mandatory quarantine are going around here in Socorro, for the city & surrounding areas.

Yeah right!
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 12:55:40 PM EDT
[#15]
10 total cases according to the news conference with the Governor.   1 new case that traveled to NY, 3 from known cases if I heard correctly.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 11:22:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Attachment Attached File

Rumors of the first case in Hobbs.   Sister's friends with his niece or some shit.   Supposedly worked at Harbor Freight.  Waiting on CDC confirmation.

Attachment Attached File
Taken this evening.

Albertsons has been rummaged pretty good,  more booze gone than the prior days.  They had around 8 packages of John Wayne TP tonight.  Pasta, Beans, Rice, and Pasta Sauce except Ragu was wiped out.   Most of the meat gone, veggies hit hard with a lot of empty shelves as well.

Didn't check tonight but last night Gatorade, and La Croix (and the other stuff with a different name) mostly gone, a few flavors available but the good ones gone.   Water hit hard but still available.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

ETA:  Not sure why the Harbor Freight sign says Big Flats.   It was taken this evening in Hobbs by me.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 1:20:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Damn if it can come to Hobbs then it’s everywhere.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 12:16:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Damn if it can come to Hobbs then it’s everywhere.
View Quote
Yeah, hopefully it was just a stupid rumor. I’ve got several family members in the danger zone of this virus so we’re taking it pretty seriously.

From more digging the dudes test wont be back until tomorrow.  I have no doubt it will hit here sooner or later.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#19]
my mom knows the woman in SF who was first infected. she had no contact with her recently.

she was in NYC for a funeral. word has it she has been released from the hospital and is now quarantined at home.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 5:06:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Mayor of Albuquerque, NM is holding a closed-doors session in two hours to decide whether or not to ban ALL firearm transfers "for the duration of the COVID-19 outbreak", which is a little openly-worded.

Link
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Mayor of Albuquerque, NM is holding a closed-doors session in two hours to decide whether or not to ban ALL firearm transfers "for the duration of the COVID-19 outbreak", which is a little openly-worded.

Link
View Quote
yeah, like he can do that

fuck that pussy.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 10:26:31 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm hearing about to cases in roswell on is a Dr.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 11:09:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm hearing about to cases in roswell on is a Dr.
View Quote
Damn aliens!

Don’t know if it’s the same guy who got Harbor Freight closed down but heard Hobbs’s first case was confirmed at 1am today.

2 friends tested this morning said 4-6 days before they get the result.  They’re friends with the equivalent of “Typhoid Mary” of this pandemic.  Girl in CO who knew she had contact with an infected person, but couldn’t/didn’t get tested for a few weeks while being contagious.  All while knowing and acting normal, bar hopping, dinner with friends family etc.   Sister, BIL and their family had extensive contact with.

https://www.krqe.com/health/coronavirus/is-the-coronavirus-in-new-mexico/

Good site with pretty good updates.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 12:30:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Pretty slim pickin's at Sam's Club in Roswell today. Zero TP, hand sanitizer, Kleenex or napkins. Still had some paper towels though....

It was the same at Target and the Big Lots store too.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 5:32:50 AM EDT
[#25]
@mic214
I have extra TP if you need some.
They told me at Sam's they expected trucks yesterday but those are some sad pictures..
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 5:58:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
@mic214
I have extra TP if you need some.
They told me at Sam's they expected trucks yesterday but those are some sad pictures..
View Quote
@BUCK1911

Thanks for the generous offer amigo! We are well stocked here at the hacienda. We did score a 12 pack of TP for my son and his wife at the Walmart here in Ruidoso on our way back from Roswell. Things are getting scarce all over!

Take care amigo,

Mick
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 7:43:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Great!
I ordered an extra 500 rolls for my office so have an extra roll or two.

ETA I have a nutrition and wellness store inside of a medical clinic if have needs...
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 12:45:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Well,

I'm way behind the power curve on this one.   Been fighting an infection for 2 months.  Finally got over it, getting out and trying to find supplies.

Just paid $25 for 8 tiny rolls of 1-ply RV toilet paper.   Paid $9/quart for lamp oil at Ace Hardware.  Looks like my 12 year old MREs will get me into mid April.  All I found at a local walmart was junk food and weird ethnic stuff.   Got the local career criminals scouting the neighborhood looking for their next victims.  I'm sure they have no preps at all.  If the food/virus/crime situation gets worse, y'all can call dibs on my tools and equipment, assuming you know how to work with metal.  

Anyone know the status of the Edgewood Walmart?  I was told it was closed 2 days ago with cops blocking the entrance.

How about the Los Lunas Walmart?
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 9:51:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Don’t know about Edgewood or los lunas, but ABQ Walmarts  were pretty well stocked 2 days ago. No TP or much meat, but otherwise everything is there.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 5:11:11 PM EDT
[#30]
I scored a bunch of stuff at our local cash and carry which is a restaurant supply.
No TP....
15 dozen eggs $17
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 5:36:54 PM EDT
[#31]
If any one in Hobbs area needs TP to get them by let me know.  We buy it by the 1000’s for work, it’s decent two ply stuff, not the greatest, but it works.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 5:37:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 10:12:05 AM EDT
[#33]
I talked with an employee at the Zia gun shop yesterday. He advised that all employees over 60 years old have been sent home and they are swamped. He said that they are only allowing five customers in the shop at a time now....

Link Posted: 3/21/2020 11:01:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Same here in Farmington.
Friend of mine bought the 15 dozen.
My MIL found ground beef there.
I found some rubber gloves for my employees
No TP

IIRC its called Shamrock Foods
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I scored a bunch of stuff at our local cash and carry which is a restaurant supply.
No TP....
15 dozen eggs $17

Same here in Farmington.
Friend of mine bought the 15 dozen.
My MIL found ground beef there.
I found some rubber gloves for my employees
No TP

IIRC its called Shamrock Foods

Damn, Had some gloves in my cart on amazon, just to bookmark them in case I need them.   Their were 2 brands of 8mm or thicker available a few days ago.  Now unavailable or back order.  SAS safety is at 3-5 weeks, but the last order I had said the same, and they shipped in under a week.  May be work grabbing a few if you’re gonna need them.

I’ve looked at all the TP and Gloves we have and none are made in China.  TP all made in the USA and gloves are from the Philippines so hopefully they’re available soon.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 12:51:09 AM EDT
[#35]
57 cases now.  Still pretty low considering.  

Stay safe.  If anyone needs any gloves, tp or hand sanitizer and is in SE NM let me know.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 5:39:39 AM EDT
[#36]
I believe the number here is low due to incompetence in testing.
I know of a case where a lab was telling people not to get tested because if positive you would be quarantined and wants that.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 11:59:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Incompetence... in New Mexico....say it ain’t so...??
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 12:49:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I believe the number here is low due to incompetence in testing.
I know of a case where a lab was telling people not to get tested because if positive you would be quarantined and wants that.
View Quote

To be fair we've run nearly 5,000 tests.for.57 positive.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 1:01:15 PM EDT
[#39]
A nurse with all symptoms that tested negative for flu a-b and strep with shortness of breath sent to hospital under doctors orders for testing.....
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 10:22:19 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm down here in Southern NM, Otero CO.

I'm here to help.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 12:21:57 PM EDT
[#41]
How long until the hospitals are overwhelmed?
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 2:07:53 PM EDT
[#42]
We have very little capacity at our hospitals I doubt we have 150 beds for this in the state.
Then its regular beds maybe 800 and staff to cover half of that.
So we are screwed.

Stop drinking, eating crap food, start getting exercise that works the lungs and avoid everyone.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 2:35:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 4:30:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
We have very little capacity at our hospitals I doubt we have 150 beds for this in the state.
Then its regular beds maybe 800 and staff to cover half of that.
So we are screwed.

Stop drinking, eating crap food, start getting exercise that works the lungs and avoid everyone.
View Quote

Dude who caught it in Lea was supposedly taken to Lubbock.

ETA:   Can’t be overcrowded if you ship all your patients out.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 4:35:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Dude who caught it in Lea was supposedly taken to Lubbock.

ETA:   Can’t be overcrowded if you ship all your patients out.  
View Quote

No staff. Every serious case gets shipped to lubbock or abq.
Roswell has a theoretical 5 beds but some of those rooms may not be usable....
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 4:35:15 PM EDT
[#46]

Fuck her, POS red flag commie bitch

Jump on the destroy the economy band wagon.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 5:00:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Don't be an idiot, stay the fuck home.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 5:16:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIFY
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 5:35:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Businesses deemed essential that may remain open are:

Health care operations including hospitals, walk-in-care health facilities, emergency veterinary and livestock services, pharmacies, medical wholesale and distribution, home health care workers or aides for the elderly, emergency dental facilities, nursing homes, residential health care facilities, research facilities, congregate care facilities, intermediate care facilities for those with intellectual or developmental disabilities, supportive living homes, home health care providers, and medical supplies and equipment manufacturers and providers;
Homeless shelters, food banks, and other services providing care to indigent or needy populations;
Childcare facilities necessary to provide services to those workers employed by essential businesses and essential non-profit entities;
Grocery stores, all food and beverage stores, supermarkets, food banks, farmers’ markets and vendors who sell food, convenience stores, and other businesses that generate the majority of their revenue from the sale of canned food, dry goods, fresh fruits and vegetables, pet food, feed, and other animal supply stores, fresh meats, fish, and poultry, and any other household consumer products;
Farms, ranches, and other food cultivation, processing, or packaging operations;
All facilities used by law enforcement personnel, first responders, firefighters, emergency management personnel, dispatch operators, and court personnel.
Infrastructure operations including, but not limited to, public works construction; commercial and residential facility construction and maintenance; airport operations; public transportation; airlines; taxis; private transportation providers; water, sewer, trash and recycling collection, processing and disposal; gas; electrical; oil drilling; oil refining; natural resources extraction or mining operations; nuclear material research and enrichment; those attendant to the repair and construction of roads and highways; solid waste collection and removal; processing and disposal; data and internet providers; data centers; and telecommunications systems;
Manufacturing operations involved in food processing, manufacturing agents, chemicals, fertilizer, pharmaceuticals, sanitary products, household paper products, telecommunications, microelectronics/semi-conductor, primary metals manufacturers, machinery manufacturers, electrical equipment, appliance, and component manufacturers, and transportation equipment manufacturers;
Services necessary to maintain the safety and sanitation of residences or essential businesses including security services, custodial services, plumbers, electricians, and other skilled trades;
Media services including television, radio, and newspaper operations;
Gas stations, automobile repair facilities, and retailers who generate the majority of their revenue from the sale of automobile repair products;
Hardware stores;
Laundromats and dry cleaner services;
Utilities, including their contractors and suppliers, engaged in power generation, fuel supply and transmission, water and wastewater supply;
Funeral homes, crematoriums and cemeteries;
Banks, credit unions, insurance providers, payroll services, brokerage services, and investment management firms;
Real estate services including brokers, title companies, and related services.
Businesses providing mailing and shipping services, including post office boxes;
Laboratories and defense and national security-related operations supporting the United States government or a contractor to the United States government;
Restaurants, but only for delivery or carry out and local breweries or distilleries but only for carry out;
Professional services, such as legal or accounting services, but only where necessary to assist in compliance with legally mandated activities; and
Logistics and businesses that store, ship or deliver groceries, food, goods or services directly to residences or retailers.
View Quote

I'm now considered essential.
this goes till 4/10
damn.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 5:46:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I'm now considered essential.
View Quote

Sounds like damned near everything is essential.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top