Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2019 3:04:24 PM EDT
24 year old man arrested. no other details yet.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 3:55:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Scumbag
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 4:08:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 7:51:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 4:40:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Suspect is a Muslim from Somalia I believe.

Mainstream Media doesn't want to report that.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:17:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:35:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
He is from Chicago.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 12:02:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

He is from Chicago.
View Quote
Is that on the south side of Mogadishu?
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 10:32:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I went and visited the spot yesterday. There was a small memorial where people were leaving bears and toys and such. I noticed a security presence in all three floors that did not move. They were there in the same spot every time I walked by. I’m guessing the family and kid were just outside Rainforest Cafe. Made me cringe looking at the height. I hope the little guy pulls through and recovers. America has a mental illness management problem. From recent mass shooters to this guy, it’s a problem that needs to be addressed.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 10:23:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
They are withholding that information which sucks. I want to know if he is a legal or illegal immigrant or born in the USA. Just looking for the facts.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 11:25:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 12:21:23 PM EDT
[#11]
America has a mental illness management problem.
View Quote
Well, that is a big problem tackle.

But is a bigger problem than one sees without looking under the hood.

#1 Patients who may have been seen may not be compliant with a medication regimen.  You can not force feed people pills etc.......well you can but not everyone
#2 Not enough in-patient psych beds.  Patients transported to Fargo, Duluth, Mankato, Hutchinson, Rochester etc.  In patient psych beds are not a money maker for hospitals so to speak.  And, the # of beds a hospital is licensed for versus how many are active come into play. Look back the regulatory issues associated with the "new" hospital in Maple Grove.
#3 Lack of in-patient beds leads to long stays in the ER.  These "Boarders" in the ER. then utilize resources such as "sitters", extra security, and taking up space for someone with a medical or trauma issue.

Seems that judicial system has failed with not following sentencing guidelines.

It is a bigger problem than "mental health".  Prisons are not equipped to deal with patients requiring significant resources.

People can point to many instances whether it be language/cultural differences, non compliant patients, lack of resources failed patients.

Then you can twist the problem even further.......
many of the patients are victims of their mother's habits ie smoking, alcohol, and drug use during or after pregnancy.

It is dishearthening that the life of a happy go lucky child has to be impacted by some schmuck out "to do something".  But, just look around you..... look at the people driving impaired with their kids in the car, look at the people who despite laws on the books about using a cell phone in a vehicle results in distracted driving.  The next situation is just the blink of an eye away.  It happens every day!
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 4:46:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:40:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They are withholding that information which sucks. I want to know if he is a legal or illegal immigrant or born in the USA. Just looking for the facts.
View Quote
He’s a citizen and African/American (born here). He did this because he wanted to hurt a woman because he feels like women don’t like him and he can’t get a date. He obviously has serious mental health issues and probably won’t do any hard time because of it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 8:54:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

He’s a citizen and African/American (born here). He did this because he wanted to hurt a woman because he feels like women don’t like him and he can’t get a date. He obviously has serious mental health issues and probably won’t do any hard time because of it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Just like the teen that pushed an 8 year old off the top of a water slide at Valley Fair last summer because he was tired of waiting in line. That one was a 32 ft drop onto concrete. He also bit a lifeguard there a month earlier but wasn't charged or banned from coming back.

Quoted:
I went and visited the spot yesterday. There was a small memorial where people were leaving bears and toys and such. I noticed a security presence in all three floors that did not move. They were there in the same spot every time I walked by. I’m guessing the family and kid were just outside Rainforest Cafe. Made me cringe looking at the height. I hope the little guy pulls through and recovers. America has a mental illness management problem. From recent mass shooters to this guy, it’s a problem that needs to be addressed.
Agreed, but I'd say our "fear of offending" problem is far bigger than our mental illness problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top