Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/26/2018 1:07:07 AM EDT
Finally calling it quits packing for the day (2200 PST) and having a couple cold ones.  Family is super excited that on July 6th, we will be Florida residents.  It aint much but we are bringing red votes with us.  As my 17yo told his foaming at the moth liberal aunt....."hey auntie D......what doesnt have any brakes........TRUMP TRAIN".  When asked what kind of road snacks he wanted for the 6 day road trip....his only response "liberals".

Cant wait to settle down in the area and start enjoying the southern lifestyle.  We will be west of Gainesville on 10 acres, something that is unheard of for us up here in Western Wa.

Only down side......no gold to mine in Florida.  So it looks like its time to start building cars and hunting.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 6:35:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Good luck and welcome to FL.  Your votes are being wasted in WA anyway so bring them here...we need the help!
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 7:30:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm right near Gainesville (still alachua co, but barely) and a member at GTR.  Hit me a PM with a phone number and I'll take you there as a guest so you can see the range, etc.

We are also lucky that the Lake City public range in the Osceola Nat'l Forest is a good one (at least until the new F&G range director finishes pissing off all the volunteers that sink hundreds of hours into the place)
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 9:51:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome!  Safe passage on your way down here!
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 12:18:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Bring a sweat rag... the humidity is high right now.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 2:40:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm right near Gainesville (still alachua co, but barely)
View Quote
Alachua here too. North county right near the river border.

Hit it me up if you want as well, or if you have questions about the area.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 2:56:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Bring a sweat rag... the humidity is high right now.
View Quote
Sweat rag  ain't gonna help a yankee.

Bronze is gonna wilt.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 2:57:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Bronze, welcome and thanks for the vote.

You din't say where. Gimme a hint.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:32:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Bronze, welcome and thanks for the vote.

You din't say where. Gimme a hint.
View Quote
Sounds like High Springs area.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 5:32:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Good for you, OP! There's some nice country in that part of the state. Make it to October without melting, and you'll be loving it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 6:03:55 PM EDT
[#10]
LOL!  I'm not gonna wilt.  The wife and I vacation in the Caribbean all the time, we love the heat and humidity.  She is actually there right now and will be flying back home on Thursday to help pack and do the road trip.  She just texted me and mentioned something about a emergency weather alert.

We will be in Newberry
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 6:09:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Caribbean has a breeze dude. We don't.

Yer gonna wilt.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 6:22:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quick question.....Need a recommendation on where I can get a good rider mower.  No way  I am push mowing 10 acres.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 7:49:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quick question.....Need a recommendation on where I can get a good rider mower.  No way  I am push mowing 10 acres.
View Quote
Lowes. Husqvarna.

I mow 2 acres and it's going strong at 6 years.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 12:15:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

We will be in Newberry
View Quote
I'm between half way between Newberry and High Springs

Shoot me a PM with your email and I'll give you the low down on the gunshops in the area :)
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 4:41:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Come on down! We need all the help we can get down here.
We have friends in Newberry and Trenton. It's nice out there.
We're in the process of moving/escaping right now from a densely populated blue county to the mostly rural Red county of Marion not far from Lake George.

Good luck with your long haul and welcome to the big sandbar.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 6:16:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Safe travels, best of luck here. We did the same thing last year from shittier ct.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 8:27:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Cant wait to get there.  Spent the last 2 days staging everything in the house getting ready to load the truck.  The ONLY thing I am not looking forward to is that drive.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 8:29:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Welcome, good luck to you.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 2:15:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Only down side......no gold to mine in Florida.  So it looks like its time to start building cars and hunting.
View Quote
Welcome.  Plenty of Spanish gold waiting to be found!
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 2:36:30 PM EDT
[#20]
We need all the red delicious votes we can get down here!

Safe travels!
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 3:16:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Come on down! We need all the help we can get down here.
We have friends in Newberry and Trenton. It's nice out there.
We're in the process of moving/escaping right now from a densely populated blue county to the mostly rural Red county of Marion not far from Lake George.

Good luck with your long haul and welcome to the big sandbar.
View Quote
Good luck on the move.

NG4
Stay outta muh woods....
Im near the george as well...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 10:31:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Your new county is fairly liberal so be prepared with continious frustrating local politics. ACR north end of the county near the river. Got a spectacular local private club range in Gville GTR and lots gun shops with wide varied inventory and pricing. Two public ranges within an hour or so. Beside the local politics its a pretty good place to be.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 11:38:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Welcome to Florida.... we need all the help we can get.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:17:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Welcome to Florida.... we need all the help we can get.
View Quote
Thanks brother.  Need to have a chat with you sometime.  You seem to be the "go to" guy when it comes to LE in the state and I am curious about some other things as well.
@Miami_JBT
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 1:20:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Welcome, Bronzie!
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 5:48:45 PM EDT
[#26]
There's sharks teeth in the creeks of Gainesville.  You might be surprised with what people find with metal detector..   Got $500.00 in anchors diving for stone crab once..
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Welcome Bronze!

Be safe

Happy Independence Day early!

Link Posted: 7/2/2018 7:15:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Welcome Bronze!

Be safe

Happy Independence Day early!

View Quote
Speaking of which.... Alachua has a nice all afternoon party thing with fireworks at 930pm on Wednesday

15 min drive from Newberry
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 7:53:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Good luck on the move.

NG4
Stay outta muh woods....
Im near the george as well...
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/49816/Screenshot_20180628-151450_Maps-590124.JPG
View Quote
I know you're local. You were the first one to warn me about the wacky stuff that happens at the forest range when we first bought up there going on 8 years ago. Saw it for myself the first time there one Sat. A man and his son were rotating, loading and shooting their Hi-Point Carbine and 9mm pistol. The kid racked the slide and chambered a round in the pistol while it was pointed at the small of his Dads back while the Dad was firing the carbine. We left immediately. We don't go there on the weekends anymore.

Figure we will be moved in full time up there in a few weeks. Looking forward to the shrimp run.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 3:39:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Since your a new Florida resident bolt logo. You gotta host a arfcom hometown cookout

I'll bring some pork and a keg
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 7:25:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I know you're local. You were the first one to warn me about the wacky stuff that happens at the forest range when we first bought up there going on 8 years ago. Saw it for myself the first time there one Sat. A man and his son were rotating, loading and shooting their Hi-Point Carbine and 9mm pistol. The kid racked the slide and chambered a round in the pistol while it was pointed at the small of his Dads back while the Dad was firing the carbine. We left immediately. We don't go there on the weekends anymore.

Figure we will be moved in full time up there in a few weeks. Looking forward to the shrimp run.
View Quote
Ill he working on a boat...hope to have it ready by the time crapies get going. ;)
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 10:55:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'm between half way between Newberry and High Springs

Shoot me a PM with your email and I'll give you the low down on the gunshops in the area :)
View Quote

I'm a little further west, over the line into Gilchrist county, which is great for my taxes. Newberry phone number, but Trenton address. Anyone want to host a Gainesville area cookout or get together? I'd be willing to pitch in.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 11:57:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Weve got the property for a cookout but need to get settled in before I expose the spousal unit to to ARF madness.  We also need to get a good grill.

I also need to get work secured.  I was supposed to be getting hired as the security supervisor at Shands.  The manager offered me the position during a phone interview and then I never heard back from HR with a formal offer.  Called, emailed, no response.  Showed up and the manager wouldnt come out to talk with me.

Before we moved here the wife had to come down to do some pre employment stuff at another facility and she talked with the security guy there.  He said that if you dont already know someone inside, you wont be getting hired and chances were that once the manager found out that i was not "a person of color", they backed out.  Sure enough, I logged into the site and under the job app it said "declined".

So I stopped into the gun shop in Newberry and grabbed an app.  Right now I'll take work just about anywhere.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 5:05:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Not a person of color???
You mad, you turn red
You sick you turn green
You die you turn blue
You scared you turn white

Looks to me like you are a person of color.........all different colors.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top