Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/20/2020 7:02:52 PM EDT
The 5 day waiting period should be waved during this Pandemic, a lockdown or Gun store closed down by county for Quarantine or any number of reasons could leave law abiding Florida residents with there legally purchase firearms unavailable to them when they need it most if the 5 business days have not elapsed. the police could be overwhelmed or unavailable for a number of reasons.

Link Posted: 3/20/2020 8:47:24 PM EDT
[#1]
LOL.

Maybe it's a lesson that can burn in REAL good.

Zero fucks given about people who figured out in the past week owning a firearm might be a good idea.

But that's just one man's (mine) opinion... flame away.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 9:24:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LOL.

Zero fucks given about people who figured out in the past week owning a firearm might be a good idea.

View Quote

Well said.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 9:25:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I’ve had multiple calls from known leftist asking if I can ‘give them’ a concealed weapons permit and if I had any guns and ammo for sale. Sorry bruh, we ain't cool like that....
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 9:29:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
LOL.

View Quote

My feelings exactly
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 9:45:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
LOL.

View Quote

Preach on, my brother.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 9:56:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
LOL.

View Quote

I agree 100%
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I am tired of hearing people that can't plan ahead bitching.  Buy before the last minute = no problems.  Get a CCP = no problems.  I did have a 6 hour waiting period yesterday because the NICS was overloaded and running slow.  I bought a "fun" gun, not a needed one (Cimarron Pistolero .45).
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 11:12:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
LOL.

View Quote
Lol, true and your not alone brother!  

Next we hear about numerous ND's from all these first timers shooting themselves or others in the foot.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 11:19:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 12:21:48 PM EDT
[#10]
In agreement here as well..
Only thing I "panic" bought was a night vision setup off the EE but the price was great.
Perhaps all the people trying to buy now will voice the issue with their reps.. but I doubt it...
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 12:54:20 PM EDT
[#11]
The waiting period is a  Second Amendment infringement to begin with, some people are slow learners and they are going to get a wakeup call now with limited police protection, they are buying legally the right way and we should welcome new gun owners.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 3:00:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The waiting period is a  Second Amendment infringement to begin with, some people are slow learners and they are going to get a wakeup call now with limited police protection, they are buying legally the right way and we should welcome new gun owners.
View Quote

Sometimes a point needs to me made... and right now, one is. Your response does not change my mind one bit.

I'm LEO... when I get to work I'll ask about the "limited protection" memo. I was unaware I am to provide limited protection right now.  

Link Posted: 3/21/2020 4:01:16 PM EDT
[#13]
It gets crazy anytime there is a possible hurricane here too...the majority of people in FL have had ample time to prep.  Be an adult and prepare ahead of time.  They can always hit the E&E section here or their LGS now and also apply for a concealed carry permit.  If they just turned 21, they should get on it now too.  And remember this stuff come election time.  At least they are waking up to the fact that civil society is very fragile.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 4:03:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 5:48:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

AMEN !
View Quote

Nice to see you... hope all is well.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 6:34:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Sometimes a point needs to me made... and right now, one is. Your response does not change my mind one bit.

I'm LEO... when I get to work I'll ask about the "limited protection" memo. I was unaware I am to provide limited protection right now.  

View Quote

Sorry did not men that the police are stepping back effort  to keep us safe, but how long before Quarantined/Sick police officers cut into the amount of patrols on the streets, do you have the PPE equipment to stay safe and not get infected now or in the future if it gets bad?

150 Police officers are quarantined in Detroit now.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 8:02:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Sorry did not men that the police are stepping back effort  to keep us safe, but how long before Quarantined/Sick police officers cut into the amount of patrols on the streets, do you have the PPE equipment to stay safe and not get infected now or in the future if it gets bad?

View Quote

Yes, I have adequate PPE to do the job and stay relatively safe.

You're making my point... people should not have had such an incident to make them wake up. Being prepared and self-sufficient is an individual responsibility, one too many have scoffed off.

I hope the unprepared shit their pants, don't sleep well at night, and just generally freak out until this blows over. AND BECAUSE OF THAT, maybe they change their ways and way of thinking.

Easy way out now? Fuck no!

Link Posted: 3/21/2020 9:29:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Pardon my ignorance, but 5 days? Is this in certain counties in FL?
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 10:39:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Pardon my ignorance, but 5 days? Is this in certain counties in FL?
View Quote
Alachua county is one. Works out to 9 days in reality, 10 with a holiday.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 11:58:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's like something you expect to experience in CA or NY, not Florida. This place scares me more and more by the day.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 12:03:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

We’ve been told to limit contact with the public to a minimum and handle anything we can over the phone.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 1:07:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Plus one on minimizing contacts everybody is doing that across the country. We are coming when called but not a great time to be flipping over rocks, shaking trees and kicking hornets nests.

PPE will begin to run out just due to volume im sure. Lots of folks were short at the start.  I  have more gas mask cartridges than m95 masks...

Its a great time for the unprepared masses to experience gun control in action. "What do you mean I have to wait a week?"
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 1:28:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Plus one on minimizing contacts everybody is doing that across the country. We are coming when called but not a great time to be flipping over rocks, shaking trees and kicking hornets nests.

PPE will begin to run out just due to volume im sure. Lots of folks were short at the start.  I  have more gas mask cartridges than m95 masks...

Its a great time for the unprepared masses to experience gun control in action. "What do you mean I have to wait a week?"
View Quote

I had one of those today. Female, had never wanted a gun before and bought one now. She was a little surprised about the wait and said she has set getting her CCW into motion as of today. I think this panic cycle is timed just about right for a lot of people to finally realize that none of this gun control does anything but create a PITA for law abiding people and the media is full of crap about 'loopholes' and most everything else. Maybe the blinders are coming off of those who have some sense and critical thinking ability. Things are certainly becoming interesting. I am all for everyone of sound mind and clean record to have a gun, and have something to lose along with the rest of us ;)
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 9:34:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
LOL.

View Quote

we live in a state where literally half of the year is "hurricane season". if people haven't figured out by now to stock provision to last them a month (stranded) then they will never learn.

this shit goes for guns too, it has been the "salad days" for 3.5 years.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 9:41:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yes, I have adequate PPE to do the job and stay relatively safe.

You're making my point... people should not have had such an incident to make them wake up. Being prepared and self-sufficient is an individual responsibility, one too many have scoffed off.

I hope the unprepared shit their pants, don't sleep well at night, and just generally freak out until this blows over. AND BECAUSE OF THAT, maybe they change their ways and way of thinking.

Easy way out now? Fuck no!

View Quote

Bowhntr6pt is on a roll.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 9:52:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It gets crazy anytime there is a possible hurricane here too...the majority of people in FL have had ample time to prep.  Be an adult and prepare ahead of time.  They can always hit the E&E section here or their LGS now and also apply for a concealed carry permit.  If they just turned 21, they should get on it now too.  And remember this stuff come election time.  At least they are waking up to the fact that civil society is very fragile.
View Quote

my wife once asked me "why do we need so many packs of toilet paper?" simple answer is "we take vacations, we take days off, but we never take a vacation from shitting".

my brand of bar soap used to be popular, and i could find it everywhere. for the past couple years it is rare and only found at walmart (normal amazon price is 10x walmart price). when i see it on the shelf i buy every 8 pack they have, i usually buy 6 at a time (it must come (6) 8 packs to the case). she is starting to catch on, it has only taken 12 years for me to train her.

the week before the panic (corona virus) (it was just starting on the cruise ships) started i went to rural king to stock up on our monthly bottled water order (i buy 20 cases at a time 15 for now, 5 for hurricane season). for the first time in forever i noticed their pallets were low (low for them). i sent a mass text to everyone i knew "better stock up now shits gonna get crazy". i got "i'll check next week", "imma do it tomorrow", "we got little league". now people are texting me "do you know who has water?" "have you seen any toilet paper?" "where can we get meat?" "is there an app that will tell us where this shit is?".

"yeah bitches, your app (me) told you a month ago and like every year you thought i was being paranoid. just like every other time i will be sitting here drinking my bottled water, grilling my meats, and wiping my ass with a loaded gun".

Link Posted: 3/22/2020 9:56:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It's like something you expect to experience in CA or NY, not Florida. This place scares me more and more by the day.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

nothing new, been that way for years. hillsborough county has also had a some sort of fucky wait time too for years (maybe 3 day on long guns without permit) where as surrounding counties don't.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 10:15:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

nothing new, been that way for years. hillsborough county has also had a some sort of fucky wait time too for years (maybe 3 day on long guns without permit) where as surrounding counties don't.
View Quote

The entire state is 3 day wait without an exemption, at least. That was in that nonsense red flag legislation.  NFA items are different because the thing was purchased months ago and there us 'monetary consideration'.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 10:17:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The entire state is 3 day wait without an exemption, at least. That was in that nonsense red flag legislation.  NFA items are different because the thing was purchased months ago and there us 'monetary consideration'.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

not for long guns. they are same day. unless it has recently changed.

edit to add - that's what was fucky about hillsborough (or maybe just the city of tampa) they had a wait time on long guns.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 10:20:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

It changed. Long guns can't be purchased until 21 years old too. Thank you rick scott. As an 07/02, the last thing I want is more creative ways to make a clerical/process mistake and land in federal prison, but rick scott delivers.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It changed. Long guns can't be purchased until 21 years old too. Thank you rick scott. As an 07/02, the last thing I want is more creative ways to make a clerical/process mistake and land in federal prison, but rick scott delivers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

what is the wait time for long guns?

edit to add - i just googled, there is (thanks rick scott). 3 - 5 days ("the Florida Constitution authorizes counties to enact three to five-day waiting period") excluding holidays and weekends.

somehow i missed that part, maybe the red flag shit just over shadowed it.

fucking rick scott.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's Crazy 10 days, HELLO FL Government it's a STATE OF EMERGENCY and I have to WAIT to pickup my legally purchased gun?

the uncertainty of what is going to be like in 3-5 days, things are moving fast, it makes no sense to have to wait to pickup your gun..
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 6:47:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

what is the wait time for long guns?

edit to add - i just googled, there is (thanks rick scott). 3 - 5 days ("the Florida Constitution authorizes counties to enact three to five-day waiting period") excluding holidays and weekends.

somehow i missed that part, maybe the red flag shit just over shadowed it.

fucking rick scott.
View Quote

And people browbeat me  for sitting out his election. I'll do it again and again and again. I'd rather get screwed by someone I didn't vote for that get screwed by someone I voted for. It really is that simple. As long as we vote for the R no matter what they do they will do as they will. Gun owners of all colors are the Republican equivalent to the left's Black voter, we are taken for granted and they think we will mindlessly vote for them no matter what... and enough do

Back on track, yeah, when I got the letter from FDLE explaining that nonsense I was furious. If it actually did something good instead of delaying the right of law abiding people and creating more ways for me to go to prison I would be happy, but it fails on every level for the dealer and the consumer. Maybe the best thing this contrived pandemic has to offer is enlightenment for those who previously weren't down with the struggle.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 9:44:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

And people browbeat me  for sitting out his election. I'll do it again and again and again. I'd rather get screwed by someone I didn't vote for that get screwed by someone I voted for. It really is that simple. As long as we vote for the R no matter what they do they will do as they will. Gun owners of all colors are the Republican equivalent to the left's Black voter, we are taken for granted and they think we will mindlessly vote for them no matter what... and enough do

Back on track, yeah, when I got the letter from FDLE explaining that nonsense I was furious. If it actually did something good instead of delaying the right of law abiding people and creating more ways for me to go to prison I would be happy, but it fails on every level for the dealer and the consumer. Maybe the best thing this contrived pandemic has to offer is enlightenment for those who previously weren't down with the struggle.
View Quote

Some of us would rather vote for the lessor of two evils instead of sitting on out butts and letting the FSA elect the greater of two evils..
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 12:11:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Some of us would rather vote for the lessor of two evils instead of sitting on out butts and letting the FSA elect the greater of two evils..
View Quote

This is exactly how RINOs get elected and stay in office.

Back on track, I agree with OP, this situation has been declared and emergency and the waiting period for long guns should be waived until the declaration changes.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 7:43:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With a CWP handguns are a same day carry-out after the background check. I think in that case the state issued license overrides individual county added waiting days.

Link Posted: 3/23/2020 9:00:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

With a CWP handguns are a same day carry-out after the background check. I think in that case the state issued license overrides individual county added waiting days.

View Quote

Yes, that is an exemption. There are others as well as seen below in bold...

Title XLVI
CRIMES
Chapter 790
WEAPONS AND FIREARMS

790.0655 Purchase and delivery of firearms; mandatory waiting period; exceptions; penalties.—
(1)(a) A mandatory waiting period is imposed between the purchase and delivery of a firearm. The mandatory waiting period is 3 days, excluding weekends and legal holidays, or expires upon the completion of the records checks required under s. 790.065, whichever occurs later. “Purchase” means the transfer of money or other valuable consideration to the retailer. “Retailer” means and includes a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer engaged in the business of making firearm sales at retail or for distribution, or use, or consumption, or storage to be used or consumed in this state, as defined in s. 212.02(13).
(b) Records of firearm sales must be available for inspection by any law enforcement agency, as defined in s. 934.02, during normal business hours.
(2) The waiting period does not apply in the following circumstances:
(a) When a firearm is being purchased by a holder of a concealed weapons permit as defined in s. 790.06.
(b) To a trade-in of another firearm.
(c) To the purchase of a rifle or shotgun, upon a person’s successfully completing a minimum of a 16-hour hunter safety course and possessing a hunter safety certification card issued under s. 379.3581. A person who is exempt from the hunter safety course requirements under s. 379.3581 and holds a valid Florida hunting license is exempt from the mandatory waiting period under this section for the purchase of a rifle or shotgun.
(d) When a rifle or shotgun is being purchased by a law enforcement officer or correctional officer, as those terms are defined in s. 943.10(1), (2), (3), (6), (7), (8), or (9), or a servicemember as defined in s. 250.01.

(3) It is a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084:
(a) For any retailer, or any employee or agent of a retailer, to deliver a firearm before the expiration of the waiting period, subject to the exceptions provided in subsection (2).
(b) For a purchaser to obtain delivery of a firearm by fraud, false pretense, or false representation.
History.—s. 1, ch. 91-24; s. 3, ch. 92-183; s. 98, ch. 99-3; s. 12, ch. 2018-3.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 8:39:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Back on track, I agree with OP, this situation has been declared and emergency and the waiting period for long guns should be waived until the declaration changes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

doesn't "state of emergency" halt gun, ammo sales? pretty sure that is what people dealt with during the last hurricane.

edit to add - 870.044
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 10:50:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

doesn't "state of emergency" halt gun, ammo sales? pretty sure that is what people dealt with during the last hurricane.

edit to add - 870.044
View Quote

ETA: and that would be incorrect in this situation. .044 is pursuant to .043 as seen here... the moral of the story is we have way to many laws and nuances
870.043 Declaration of emergency.—Whenever the sheriff or designated city official determines that there has been an act of violence or a flagrant and substantial defiance of, or resistance to, a lawful exercise of public authority and that, on account thereof, there is reason to believe that there exists a clear and present danger of a riot or other general public disorder, widespread disobedience of the law, and substantial injury to persons or to property, all of which constitute an imminent threat to public peace or order and to the general welfare of the jurisdiction affected or a part or parts thereof, he or she may declare that a state of emergency exists within that jurisdiction or any part or parts thereof.

After a quick look around you would be correct and it appears that FDLE is still processing background checks. I see no updates or notifications that would indicate they are not processing background checks.

Also, if you scroll down far enough there is some instruction on 'decision pending' status. In all of the background checks I have done I have never seen anyone receive this decision. Most of my transfer are silencers though and I deal with a generally different clientele than most shops might see.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 5:29:20 PM EDT
[#40]
If you waited until now to buy a gun, you're so far behind the curve...…………………..
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 7:10:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If you waited until now to buy a gun, you're so far behind the curve...…………………..
View Quote

Absolutely, but I see it a bit differently and think the current situation has an immeasurable value in regards to the cause of freedom in general. Who knows how many people got scared and decided to go buy a gun for the first time, figured out what they thought was truth was lies, figured out all of this 'common sense gun control' makes no sense and only prohibits the law abiding from exercising their right to bear without delay, and it may cause them to take a deeper consideration for what they believe and how they vote. In short many get it now and they too are down with the struggle. I'm glad for it and I am glad they are experiencing the fully intended negative consequences of worthless freedom stealing legislation. I wonder how may of them many have signed that BAWN petition and had previously nodded their heads at the comments of gun grabbers? I would assume many. The struggle is real for them now.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 9:17:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 9:19:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 9:20:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 9:24:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 12:21:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If you have a CCW or now a Hunters Safety Education Certification, you skip the waiting period.
View Quote

Yes, it is an exemption. 3 day wait without exemption.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 12:28:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It is business days. If you purchase a firearm on Monday and have no exemptions for the waiting period and the County extended it to five days, you take the gun home on Friday.
View Quote

A day is 24 hours. Would it not be 5 x 24 hours, 120 hours minimum worth of M-F business days? If a person bought on Monday afternoon then Friday afternoon would only be 96 hours, for example.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 1:10:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Rick Scott did not amend the State Constitution. That was done back in 1989/1990.

SECTION 8. Right to bear arms.—
(a) The right of the people to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves and of the lawful authority of the state shall not be infringed, except that the manner of bearing arms may be regulated by law.
(b) There shall be a mandatory period of three days, excluding weekends and legal holidays, between the purchase and delivery at retail of any handgun. For the purposes of this section, “purchase” means the transfer of money or other valuable consideration to the retailer, and “handgun” means a firearm capable of being carried and used by one hand, such as a pistol or revolver. Holders of a concealed weapon permit as prescribed in Florida law shall not be subject to the provisions of this paragraph.
(c) The legislature shall enact legislation implementing subsection (b) of this section, effective no later than December 31, 1991, which shall provide that anyone violating the provisions of subsection (b) shall be guilty of a felony.
(d) This restriction shall not apply to a trade in of another handgun.
History.—Am. C.S. for S.J.R. 43, 1989; adopted 1990.
View Quote

rick scott signed SB 7026 into law. Let's have a look at him actually doing it... skip to 3:25 where he says he does not believe in increased waiting periods for law abiding citizens... BUT HE SIGNED IT ANYWAY and decided that imposing restrictions on the citizens of FL that would not have stopped the crime was a valid and worthwhile action. I have to consider compliance with this nonsense nearly every day. He will never get another vote from me.

Gov. Scott signs Florida school safety and gun law

Link Posted: 3/25/2020 8:02:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 8:24:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It is business days. If you purchase a firearm on Monday and have no exemptions for the waiting period and the County extended it to five days, you take the gun home on Friday.
View Quote
Negative

AlaCo Ordinance

5 full 24 hour days equaling 120 contiguous hours. It does not count the day you buy or the day you pick it up. In addition the only thing that exempts you from the wait for any firearm in AlaCo is a CWP or being LE. Hunter Ed does not. Nor does a firearm trade-in. I've had to transfer firearms to dealers in other counties so the buyers could get them in time for various reasons.
Also if you look up the FL regs, the 3 day wait is counted the same. I used to think 72 hours was from the point the NICS was approved but that is incorrect. Many dealers were making that mistake so they finally printed a little chart; buy on day XXX, pick up on day YYY. In the case of a 3-day wait you are correct, buy on Monday, pick up on Friday. Excludes weekends and holidays.

@Miami_JBT

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top