Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2018 8:34:20 PM EDT
Hey guys, just curious if anyone knows of a place that can design and/or 3D mill aluminum parts in small quantities?  Locally or out of state, doesn't matter.  Thx for any suggestions.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 9:15:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd honestly search "CNC" on Craigslist under services and find a home machinist/badass on a Bridgeport selling work. (Me oneday)
Most established shops have contractual obligations to fill so they bid high on outside work.

If you provide design/blueprints it'd be cheaper too.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 10:06:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah that’s actually what I was hoping to find. Someone doing work on the side with access to a mill. Thanks for the suggestion I’ll try searching CL in the meantime.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 2:47:09 AM EDT
[#3]
You might see if you can get a hold of my buddy in Vancouver, WA, he has one of the largest machine shops in the state and does all kinds of design and work, his name is John Bauman and owns Salmon Creek Machine.

He does a lot of work, but he might have time to fit in a new project.

Salmon Creek Machine
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 10:09:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I also have a conversational CNC Bridgeport milling machine at home and do small batch work on the side.
I am in the Everett area.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 10:52:04 AM EDT
[#5]
my cnc skills are poor :-(
but my design and cad skills are great... I can help you on that end, send me a message, and lets talk if I'm up to the task for you
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 1:22:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I am pretty good with Solidworks and Catia CAD as well as FreeCAD.
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 1:36:40 PM EDT
[#7]
send me a PM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top