Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 3/22/2021 4:24:30 PM EDT
Just to confirm this:

The one handgun every thirty day rules do not apply to Concealed Permit Holders?   And also private party transactions?
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 4:36:19 PM EDT
As I understand that stupid fucking law, yes. CHL gets you out of the 1 HG per month rule.
I'm not 100% on the now stupid fucking UBC law pertaining to Private sales, but I don't believe the 1 HG per month applies to that.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 8:13:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 9mmstephen:
Just to confirm this:

The one handgun every thirty day rules do not apply to Concealed Permit Holders?   And also private party transactions?
View Quote

Can't say anything about private party, but as a guy who bought two handguns with a CHP, I can confirm CHP holders are exempt.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 8:56:30 PM EDT
You may want to call the State Police and ask, but I believe if you are 18-20 years old, Virginia Courts issued an injunction preventing it from being enforced for anyone ages 18-20. So if you are in that age range, you can buy as many as you want but you do have to follow the UBC laws for private sales.

But as a CHP holder, I did manage to buy a couple of pistols earlier this year.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 8:37:00 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:46:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/23/2021 9:53:37 AM EDT by 9mmstephen]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HansohnBrothers:
Correct, 30 day rule applies to all handgun sales, private sale included. CHP negates that. Honestly, private sales really don't exist anymore since everything has to go through a dealer.
View Quote

Okay so CHP allows more than one handgun purchase a month (new handguns or ones purchased from a dealer).  But if I do a private party sale (transfer through an FFL) of more than one handgun to an individual they must have a CHP?  

These are the exemptions I got at Virginia.gov for the 30 day rule.  

h. A person who holds a valid Virginia permit to carry a concealed handgun;

i. A person who purchases a handgun in a private sale. For purposes of this subdivision, "private sale" means a purchase from a person who makes occasional sales, exchanges, or purchases of firearms for the enhancement of a personal collection of curios or relics or who sells all or part of such collection of curios and relics; or

Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:16:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:39:15 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HansohnBrothers:
Interesting, wasn't aware of that part of the code. Sounds good to me.
View Quote

That is how I read it but who knows you need a law degree to get through all of the hurdles.
Top Top