Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2023 9:18:04 PM EDT
I used to do 3-Gun years ago in Hutch and McPherson. I looked at the CKGC calendar and didn't see any matches, at least not in March (cold weather?). Anyone know if there are any 3G shoots going on anywhere? I'm in Salina, and would like to get back into it if my work schedule ever allows.
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 7:07:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out mill creek range in de soto, they do USPSA and multi gun
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 1:05:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't pay any particular attention to 3-gun at CKGC and find their calendar to verge on useless, but you might try to get ahold of Manual Comacho thru the contact info here:

http://www.centralkansasgunclub.com/3gun.html
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 4:21:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Great, thanks guys!
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 1:44:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Doubletap DSC (Defensive Shooting Club) used to do 3-gun near Frankfort KS a few years ago.
But I think they transitioned to 2-gun matches and have 2 or 3 of them a year.

They still also do outlaw IDPA throughout the Spring/Summer/Fall.

They have an old website with some old contact info on it...but the calendar isn't current.

http://doubletapdsc.com/
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 3:50:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By McKenna10:
Doubletap DSC (Defensive Shooting Club) used to do 3-gun near Frankfort KS a few years ago.
But I think they transitioned to 2-gun matches and have 2 or 3 of them a year.

They still also do outlaw IDPA throughout the Spring/Summer/Fall.

They have an old website with some old contact info on it...but the calendar isn't current.

http://doubletapdsc.com/
View Quote
Thanks for that, I'll check it out.

Okay, so at the risk of sounding really dumb, I'll admit that I don't know which guns make up 2-gun. Rifle and pistol?
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 9:39:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes.  Throw out the shotgun.

The ability to reload a shotgun fast...all else fairly equal...would win a 3 gun match over and over.  Thus, the birth of 2 gun...which hasn't really caught on as well as I thought it might.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 9:44:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I've shot 3gun in Hutch but it's been almost 10 years ago. I thought the place out by Ellsworth still did. I think it's called central Kansas prairie shooters but I may be wrong.

I just stick to local pistol matches close to where I live. I'm younger and most of the others are older so there isn't much movement :/
Kind of keeps me from going to them.  I don't like standing in one spot the whole time.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 8:50:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Funny that I started this 3-gun thread recently;  just a few days ago I bumped into a guy I used to shoot with in Hutch/McPherson at church! Hadn't seen him in years. It was good catching up.

2-gun sounds great. Really, at this point, it'd just be fun to do IDPA or something somewhere. I took my daughter out shooting recently for her first time, and now I'm really missing that trigger time. The bug is getting me!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top