Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2020 1:07:44 PM EDT
Members of the GAHTF, I urge you to write or e-mail your state Senator and Representative to encourage them to follow West Virginia's lead in protecting our 2nd Amendment rights.

Here is a sample letter that I sent today.

Dear Senator Gooch,

As you know, our 2nd Amendment rights are under attack throughout the country.  While Georgia remains supportive of the 2A, recent events in Virginia demonstrate that Bloomberg dollars can rapidly shift the balance.

I urge you to sponsor a bill similar to West Virginia HB 4168 that would help to safeguard our rights.  https://legiscan.com/WV/text/HB4168/id/2092207

I realize that any law could be overturned by a future legislature. However, a Second Amendment Preservation Act would serve as a firewall that would need to be overturned before anti-2A bills could be passed.

Best Regards.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 5:18:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, after the events in Virginia, I thought that ARFCOM in Georgia would be supportive of legislation to declare Georgia to be a 2nd Amendment Sanctuary State.  Not a single response.  Pretty Pathetic.

Here is the reply from Senator Gooch.   If you are too apathetic to write your representatives then you should expect Virginia to happen here.

Hi Mxxx –

Thank you for reaching out to Senator Gooch’s office. I can assure you that Sen. Gooch is strong on the 2nd Amendment and shares your thoughts on the importance of its preservation. I will pass along your message and copy of Virginia’s HB 4168 to Senator Gooch.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Sydney Wilkins
Legislative Assistant
Senator Steve Gooch, 51st District
Majority Caucus Whip
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 9:13:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here is the reply from Senator Gooch. If you are too apathetic to write your representatives then you should expect Virginia to happen here.

Hi Mxxx –

Thank you for reaching out to Senator Gooch’s office. I can assure you that Sen. Gooch is strong on the 2nd Amendment and shares your thoughts on the importance of its preservation. I will pass along your message and copy of Virginia’s HB 4168 to Senator Gooch.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Sydney Wilkins
Legislative Assistant
Senator Steve Gooch, 51st District
Majority Caucus Whip
View Quote
He must have that saved on his computer because that's word for word what was in the reply I got from him in response to my email about SB 224 over a week ago.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 9:25:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Why waste your time on pandering statements like this?  They allow politicians to make a grand statement and mollify gullible voters but do nothing whatsoever to increase your liberty when bearing arms in Georgia.  Efforts like this are bad, because they distract Georgians from things that matter.

Your "Second Amendment Protection Act" would not decriminalize carry in:

polling locations
k-12 schools
the Capitol Building
government buildings with screening
churches without the "opt in"
courthouses

When you get some organized effort to decriminalize carry in these locations, then the Georgia Home Town Forum will sit up and pay attention.

This effort is worse than a waste of time, because it undermines efforts to make real changes to our gun laws by replacing the focus with statements that mean nothing.

I applaud your zeal, but hope you redirect it to something that actually matters in the life of a Georgian who carries a gun on a daily basis.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 4:10:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He must have that saved on his computer because that's word for word what was in the reply I got from him in response to my email about SB 224 over a week ago.
View Quote
Yes, I agree they probably have canned responses for most questions.  That being said, I salute you for making the effort to write to your representatives.

I have never been very politically active... I was too busy working 60-70 hours a week trying to start/run a business (not very successfully).  I'm recently retired and went to the VCDL Rally on 01/20.   There were at least 500 ARFCOM members at the dinner hosted by BlackFox... people from as far away as CA.   People who care about the 2A and are willing/able to make their voices heard.  I have been motivated by ARFCOM, by the Virginia Battle Buddies we rallied with and by VCDL.

So, I'm just trying the spread the word.   It is time to speak up or shut up.

That is all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top