Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2023 3:10:31 PM EDT
While traveling to see family over the Holidays I had an issue than now finds me needing a 2A Lawyers services.

Any ideas on a good 2A lawyer in the Sacramento area?
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 5:32:51 PM EDT
[#1]
https://michellawyers.com/

This is in SoCal but they should be able to give you a referral.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 12:37:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pettifogger] [#2]
Adam J. Richards, who is a 1) Sacramento-based firearms lawyer, and 2) actually takes cases, unlike Michel & Associates.

https://www.ajrlaw.net/
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 6:45:44 PM EDT
[#3]
FPC?
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 11:34:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pettifogger:
Adam J. Richards, who is a 1) Sacramento-based firearms lawyer, and 2) actually takes cases, unlike Michel & Associates.

https://www.ajrlaw.net/
View Quote

Thank you for the recommendation, I retained Adam.  Adam is a Non Fudd gun guy and was very knowledgeable as we talked.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 1:30:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Good luck in your pursuit of justice.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 8:08:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By a79flhrider:
FPC?
View Quote

He asked for lawyers, not grifters.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 8:49:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, court date today. Listening to judge I have good feelings it will go well.

Next court date in May.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 9:38:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Glad to hear it appears to be going well. I also talked to him and he definitely knew his guns.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 12:42:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Update.

While traveling through Calif to visit family I had a loaded 1911 in my carry-on when I placed carry on TSA scanner. Incredibly stupid on my part, and in Anti-Gun California at that.

Law enforcement called by TSA, report taken and they interviewed. I am idiot and talked too much and did not ask for lawyer.  I was not cuffed or taken to jail, just issued a form and receipt for gun and ammo.

I missed my flight, but was rebooked later that evening.

I was devastated how stupid I was, both for gun in my bag and talking like a school girl to officers.

I hired Adam J Richards Jr. as my lawyer, he made me more comfortable after we talked.

I told him I screwed up, I realized I would get punished but didn’t want to lose my gun rights and become a prohibited person and didn’t want jail time if possible !

Final court date yesterday.

Total results of my incredibly stupid mistake:

TSA:

Lost my Pre-check and Global
Fined  $1500.00

California:

Cost of Adam, worth every penny!
16 hr gun safety class
20 hrs community service

Adam requested, Judge agreed to give me diversion, if I did gun safety class and community service before yesterday he would dismiss the case and seal the record!

So, case dismissed and record sealed, and I even will get my 1911 back:)

DA wanted jail and prohibited status

Be careful out there, don’t be stupid as I was. And, I did have an AZ CCW, no help in Ca or with TSA:)
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 12:52:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Great to hear of a rational, positive outcome.

There's one thing I do not understand, though.  

How did you ever manage to place a firearm, especially a LOADED firearm, into your luggage, especially your carry-on?  

If you'd rather not discuss this, that's fine, but I am trying to understand that, so I do not make the same mistake.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 1:37:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Trollslayer:
Great to hear of a rational, positive outcome.

There's one thing I do not understand, though.  

How did you ever manage to place a firearm, especially a LOADED firearm, into your luggage, especially your carry-on?  

If you'd rather not discuss this, that's fine, but I am trying to understand that, so I do not make the same mistake.
View Quote

I have a conceal carry briefcase that I use at home or when traveling in personal vehicle if I am not carrying on body.

I now purchased a couple more briefcases, exact same except color, one color will never have gun/knife near it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 3:08:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Yaguar:

DA wanted jail and prohibited status
View Quote

sounds like DA deserves what it wants.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 3:56:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Gee, I seem to recall a then CA assembly member, now Sac county sheriff getting popped with a gun in his carry on not too long ago. Absolutely nothing happened to him. Glad you had a semi positive outcome, but our justice system is fucked.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 4:08:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Ajcrash:
Gee, I seem to recall a then CA assembly member, now Sac county sheriff getting popped with a gun in his carry on not too long ago. Absolutely nothing happened to him. Glad you had a semi positive outcome, but our justice system is fucked.
View Quote

I am very happy with the outcome. Hated community service, but I was allowed to choose my place to do service so that I choose poorly is on me😍

I paid for a private 16 hr gun safety class, did not want to deal with others. So got to talk guns and shoot, just cost money.

Overall was just a financial hit, between TSA, Lawyer, and private class. Agsin, cost was worth it since I was never cuffed, not booked, no jail and not prohibited. Sealed record now tops it off.

Won’t see my 1911 for awhile but I do get it back
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 3:34:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top