Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2021 10:05:46 AM EDT
Mark your calendars ladies and gentlemen for the Iowa Firearms Coalition's annual Second Amendment Day at the Capitol Building in Des Moines, Iowa on February 24, 2022 from 2pm-4pm.

This is the largest 2A freedom rally organized in the state of Iowa.  Show up to support current efforts to push pro 2A legislation in Iowa & come early to lobby your individual state Representatives & Senators.

We will have the whole rotunda area reserved. We will hear from IFC Leadership, guest speakers, representatives, etc. Representatives from several 2A friendly organizations will be on hand as well.

Last year hundreds of people turned out to lobby for increased 2A protections & legislation and the energy was incredible.  Let's make this year's event even bigger.  This year there will be shuttle service from the parking lot to the front door, for those individuals in need.  Look for the IFC logo on the side of the shuttle van.

Spread the word far and wide. I look forward to seeing you there!

1/6/22: UPDATE!
The work continues to bring the some of the best speakers to this year's 2A Day at the Capitol.  We have some exciting news! Stephen Willeford has agreed to speak at 2A Day this year.  Mr. Willeford is the good Samaritan who shot and wounded the gunman who attacked the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas. Stephen Willeford has been hailed as "the Hero of Sutherland Springs" & the "Barefoot Defender" for confronting the active shooter and forcing him to flee.  Come out and hear firsthand from a true ordinary, everyday person, who when the time came, selflessly acted to save countless others.  This is something you will not want to miss!!!

1/11/22: UPDATE!
Additionally, Retired Officer Greg Stevens has graciously agreed to speak at 2A Day this year.  Mr. Stevens is credited with stopping the first ISIS attack on American soil, saving dozens of lives.  Mr. Stevens will share his story of faith under fire and encourage Second Amendment advocates in Iowa that carrying a firearm comes with the moral obligation to seek good training “in case the moment chooses you.”  For his heroic action, Mr. Stevens was awarded the Presidential Medal of Valor.

2/2/22: UPDATE!
Paige Roux is the host of Turning Point USA's weekly show, Reloaded, has agreed to speak at this year's 2A Day. Each week on her show, Paige carefully explains the intricacies of America’s most popular firearms, shares important firearm safety protocols, and even shoots some of her favorite weapons at her own private range. Paige is a Senior Firearms Instructor and Training Coordinator for Shooter’s World in Phoenix, Arizona — one of the largest chains of indoor firing ranges in Arizona!

IFC-PAC is also hosting a fundraising steak dinner social immediately following the 2A Day rally.  The dinner will be at The Front Row in Clive (9956 Swanson Blvd, Clive, IA 50325) in a reserved section & starts at 6pm. The meal will include a good steak, several sides, salad, draft beer, soda, etc. for a $75 PAC donation.  Mr. Stephen Willeford & Mr. Greg Stevens will be there as well as other 2A Day presenters for a meet & greet following 2A Day.  Come out and have a good time while helping to support our big push toward 2A protections in the Iowa State Constitution. SOLD OUT

1/17/22 UPDATE!
Creative Arms LLC. has generously provided their latest product, the 22 Spitfire all titanium rimfire suppressor, as a IFC-PAC dinner door prize, for one lucky dinner participant (tax stamp not included).

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 7:16:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome! I look forward to being there again
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 11:52:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Awesome! I look forward to being there again
View Quote

This gentleman gets it! We need folks to make their voices heard & help push the Freedom Amendment and other pro 2A legislation across the finish line. We can do this together.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 1:16:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 11:11:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'll be there again!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

I look forward to seeing you there again booger hooker! After speaking with you last year, I opted to choose Controlled Chaos as my FFL for my 1st suppressor purchase. Figured I ought to support Dave's business after all he has done for us
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 9:20:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I plan to be there again. We’ll see. It’s harder to call in sick when you’re the boss.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 11:06:14 AM EDT
[#6]
What strong second amendment supporters would you like to hear from at 2A Day?  What nationally recognized individuals would you come out to see, if provided the opportunity?  

Progress is being made to make this 2A Day even bigger than the great events before it.  You input would be appreciated & your presence at 2A Day is needed! Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 12:08:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll throw Colion Noir out there. I feel that he's far and away the best voice for 2A advocacy with his social media presence and brand that he's built. Probably the hardest to get though
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 4:00:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'll throw Colion Noir out there. I feel that he's far and away the best voice for 2A advocacy with his social media presence and brand that he's built. Probably the hardest to get though
View Quote

I knew I liked you. ??  I reached out to Colion's people last week. We will see if his availability & all the details can be worked out. No promises though.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 9:05:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I knew I liked you. ??  I reached out to Colion's people last week. We will see if his availability & all the details can be worked out. No promises though.
View Quote

That would be huge if we were able to get him to make an appearance!

Has the idea been thrown around at all about doing a raffle and/or a prize drawing for a gun for the folks  who show up to 2A day? I wonder if promoting that at the gun shows and on social media would entice more people to show up.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 5:09:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Has the idea been thrown around at all about doing a raffle and/or a prize drawing for a gun for the folks  who show up to 2A day? I wonder if promoting that at the gun shows and on social media would entice more people to show up.
View Quote

No. We haven't looked at that idea before but I like it. If it doesn't happen this year, it will next. Thanks. You ever thought about taking on a role at IFC? We are in need of motivated individuals to further the cause.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 8:01:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

No. We haven't looked at that idea before but I like it. If it doesn't happen this year, it will next. Thanks. You ever thought about taking on a role at IFC? We are in need of motivated individuals to further the cause.
View Quote

I'd be down to help in whatever way possible. Arfcom and 2A day has done a very good job of opening my eyes to the different ways politicians are trying to limit our 2A rights and I want to be apart of the fight
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 12:05:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

We're working on getting him there.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 8:58:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Colin will have a table at the event, and he will have a few minutes to address those in attendance.
View Quote

That is amazing!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 11:56:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 9:01:50 PM EDT
[#15]
The original post has been updated to include some exciting news!
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 12:44:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Original post updated
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 10:55:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Original post updated to add another incredible speaker.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 6:26:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:30:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I got registered for the steak dinner last night.  
View Quote

That'll make 2 of us
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 4:04:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Update: Creative Arms LLC. has generously agreed to donate their latest all titanium 22 rimfire suppressor, the 22 Spitfire, to one lucky participant at the IFC dinner (tax stamp not included).  The suppressor has been refined for both high and low pressure rimfire rounds and has interlocking shoulders effectively keeping carbon build up contained within the baffle stack. This makes disassembly of the suppressor quick and user friendly. The baffle stack also includes indexing slots to easily align baffles in the correct direction.

3rd party sound testing pending

Available in RAW titanium or Black Cerakote.  Acceptable rounds: .22lr, .22subsonic, .17HMR, .22MAG, 5.7x28

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

...more donations are in the works.  Please be in attendance at 2A Day.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 9:54:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Update: Creative Arms LLC. has generously agreed to donate their latest all titanium 22 rimfire suppressor, the 22 Spitfire, to one lucky participant at the IFC dinner (tax stamp not included).  The suppressor has been refined for both high and low pressure rimfire rounds and has interlocking shoulders effectively keeping carbon build up contained within the baffle stack. This makes disassembly of the suppressor quick and user friendly. The baffle stack also includes indexing slots to easily align baffles in the correct direction.

3rd party sound testing pending

Available in RAW titanium or Black Cerakote.  Acceptable rounds: .22lr, .22subsonic, .17HMR, .22MAG, 5.7x28

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/304401/CA_Spitfire_jpg-2243880.JPG

...more donations are in the works.  Please be in attendance at 2A Day.
View Quote

AwesomeAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 11:06:20 AM EDT
[#22]
IFC will have newly designed t-shirts for sale at the event for $25.  2A Day would also be an easy & convenient time to renew or upgrade your membership.  Swing by the IFC information tables for further details.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:50:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 1:34:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Looks like my wife will be joining us for her first 2A day. She'll be with me at the dinner as well
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 3:35:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 2:44:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Update 2/2/22 - Another speaker added to the line-up, PAIGE ROUX.

Paige Roux is the host of Turning Point USA's weekly show, Reloaded, hosted on TPUSA LIVE. Each week, Paige carefully explains the intricacies of America’s most popular firearms, shares important firearm safety protocols, and even shoots some of her favorite weapons at her own private range. Paige is a Senior Firearms Instructor and Training Coordinator for Shooter’s World in Phoenix, Arizona — one of the largest chains of indoor firing ranges in Arizona!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 10:09:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Update 2/2/22 - Another speaker added to the line-up, PAIGE ROUX.

Paige Roux is the host of Turning Point USA's weekly show, Reloaded, hosted on TPUSA LIVE. Each week, Paige carefully explains the intricacies of America’s most popular firearms, shares important firearm safety protocols, and even shoots some of her favorite weapons at her own private range. Paige is a Senior Firearms Instructor and Training Coordinator for Shooter’s World in Phoenix, Arizona — one of the largest chains of indoor firing ranges in Arizona!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/304401/Paige_Roux-_TPUSA_Contributor_Headshot_1-2264129.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/10/2022 9:30:16 AM EDT
[#28]
The IFC-PAC dinner has been sold out.  Thank you so much to everyone who signed up to attend.  There will be more events to come.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 1:40:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 4:12:05 PM EDT
[#30]
A person who may lawfully possess and carry  a dangerous weapon MAY carry a CONCEALED pistol or revolver in the Capitol and on its grounds, including parking areas and the parking structure. No Permit to Carry is required, nor will the guards ask for one. "No other weapons are permitted" at the Capitol, but knives with blades not exceeding three inches in length are allowed. If a person has pepper spray, the will not be allowed to carry it into the Capitol, but will be allowed to leave it at the security check point and retrieve it later. (In other words, you won't be asked to take it back to your car.)

The security points are at the West and South entrances only. Bags will be x-rayed and individuals will pass through a magnetometer. I would suggest that those who are armed quietly announce that fact to the guard BEFORE proceeding through the checkpoint.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:31:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I am SOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to the 24th!
View Quote

That makes 3 of us! My wife is excited for her 1st 2A day
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 9:40:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Bill Grammer, a criminal defense attorney with Firearms Legal Protection will be joining IFC at the Iowa Capitol 2/24 on 2A Day from 2-4pm to personally meet IFC members and answer their firearms related questions.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 6:16:10 PM EDT
[#33]
This shuttle will be roaming the public parking lots near the Capitol from 1pm-430pm. Look for the black Mercedes van with IFC signs.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 5:33:42 PM EDT
[#34]
FREE SHUTTLE on 2A Day!

Worried about making that walk from the guest parking lot to the Capitol? Wondering whether or not it's going to snow? Don't want to risk a fall? Want to meet other awesome IFC members on the way?! We can help!

Where should I park?

There are guest lots available on E Grand Ave between E 12th St and E 14th St. These are located to the East and North of the Capitol itself. (It is across the street from the Tasty Tacos and WingStop restaurants!)

How do I get a ride? 

After arriving at the guest parking lot, look for the black van pictured above. It will have the IFC logo on the side! We'll be looking for you but if we don't see you, just give us a wave or a whistle! The van will be moving continuously so if you don't see it right away, don't fret! We will get you there. To ensure your being on time for the event, please arrive as early as you're able! The shuttle will begin at 1pm. 

Does it cost anything to take the shuttle?

Absolutely not! We're excited for you to be here on 2A Day to celebrate and advocate for liberty with us. Your participation is VERY important! 

What if I can't stay for the whole event?

The van will be on the move from 1pm-4:30pm. Should you need to leave early OR if you arrive late, you'll still get a ride!  

How do I get back to my vehicle?

At the conclusion of the event, head back out to the place you were dropped off and the shuttle will take you back to your vehicle. 

See you there!! 
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 11:04:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Tomorrow is the big day folks.  Come out to the Capitol and bring along your friends and family.  Do your part in pushing for increased 2A protections in Iowa & help keep the anti-gun groups at bay.  Attendees who sign-in with IFC will have a chance to win a free Premium 1 Year Family Membership to Firearms Legal Protection (a $539 value). There may even be an additional surprise or two.  

I hope to see you there.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:09:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:19:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Another great 2A day in the books! Great job IFC and Catfish Hunter for planning an awesome event. The speakers were great, dinner was delicious, and the beer was cold. It was nice getting to talk with Catfish Hunter and Booger Hooker and introduce them to my wife. Maybe, just maybe, we can convince our wives to have a crafting day while we go shooting
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 6:00:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Thanks so much to everyone who came out to 2A Day & the PAC Dinner this year. Even with a record breaking 5.2" of snow, we still had a great turnout & really made our voices heard. IFC handed out close to $2000 in door prizes at the main event & PAC dinner. A first this year thanks to the suggestion from liljakec. Congrats to the winners.

Mark your calendars for 2A Day next year on February 22nd, 2023!
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 6:52:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Mark your calendars for 2A Day next year on February 22nd, 2023!
View Quote

Is there a reason its always in Feb? Beginning of the legislative session?
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:43:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Is there a reason its always in Feb? Beginning of the legislative session?
View Quote

A couple of reasons: That is towards the end of the legislative season & legislative funnel for bills being considered.  Having several hundred 2A supporters come in while decisions are being made on bills, helps persuade some legislators on the fence to vote our way.  Also Brownell's, Crossroads and several other big names have started the push toward a National 2A Day on 2-22 each year for the 2nd Amendment.  This year was the first year to start the National 2A Day which was devised after IFC had already set their date for 2A at the Capitol.  Those are the main reasons.  

IFC is looking to hold more events at other times though.  But they need volunteers to make that work.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:38:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Interesting, thank you.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:02:41 PM EDT
[#42]
"Under the current administration in Washington, Second Amendment rights are under attack. President Biden wants to restrict handguns and ban modern semi-automatic rifles such as the AR-15. And the ATF continues to digitize millions of sales records, effectively creating a national Firearms Registry, in direct violation of Federal law.

To help fight these trends, Brownells encourages all gun owners to take collective action to help defend the Second Amendment. For this purpose Brownells has declared the first-ever Second Amendment Day (2A Day) on February 2, 2022 — 2-22-2022."

More info at:

https://www.brownells.com/.aspx/bapid=831/ClientPage/second-amendment-day

https://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2022/02/celebrate-second-amendment-day-february-22-2022/#:~:text=To%20help%20fight%20these%20trends,%E2%80%94%202%2D22%2D2022

@Kalahnikid
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:14:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
"Under the current administration in Washington, Second Amendment rights are under attack. President Biden wants to restrict handguns and ban modern semi-automatic rifles such as the AR-15. And the ATF continues to digitize millions of sales records, effectively creating a national Firearms Registry, in direct violation of Federal law.

To help fight these trends, Brownells encourages all gun owners to take collective action to help defend the Second Amendment. For this purpose Brownells has declared the first-ever Second Amendment Day (2A Day) on February 2, 2022 — 2-22-2022."

More info at:

https://www.brownells.com/.aspx/bapid=831/ClientPage/second-amendment-day

https://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2022/02/celebrate-second-amendment-day-february-22-2022/#:~:text=To%20help%20fight%20these%20trends,%E2%80%94%202%2D22%2D2022

@Kalahnikid
View Quote

Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top