Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2021 12:50:23 PM EDT
So Ducey is out of the race and the AZ GOP has censured a bunch of Rinos - who do we have on the bench?
I remember being impressed by Paul Babeau at Tea Party Rallies - I know he lost to O'Halleran for Congress but is he still a state-wide contender?
BTW he seems able to keep his private life private and I have a lot of respect for that.  What's the consensus on this guy?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:10:52 PM EDT
[#1]
We need someone who both has impeccable conservative credentials, AND doesn't have any history of saying crazy things (or things that can be spun by the media as crazy) in their background.

The part in parenthesis is the problem. They'll spin a lot of things, and right now, the libs own all the media in this state.

I honestly have no idea who we'd nominate right now. We almost need another Ducey*... someone who has a lot of practical experience but not political experience. The problem is... you never know if that guys really a conservative or they're a RINO.

Whoever it is; priority #1 needs to be showing the Arizona people what they voted for, both in Sinema and the Asstronaut. They need to be smeared like the D's smeared McSally. But the Liberals control the media, so I don't know how to do it.

*-No, I don't like the guy. But he got elected because it was hard to say bad things about him before the election. That's the part we need to duplicate.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:35:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Kelli Ward
Paul Gosar
Andy Biggs

What we need to do is run real Conservative candidates. Not
milquetoast McCain flunkies like McSally.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:49:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kelli Ward - Hell No
Paul Gosar Maybe
Andy Biggs Maybe

View Quote

Jeff DeWitt is my first choice.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:48:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Kelli Ward
Paul Gosar
Andy Biggs

View Quote

Ward would have won the seat last time if not for that egotistical senile asshole arpaio
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:01:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Babeau has been a non-entity for the last 3 or 4 years now.  Haven't heard a word breathed about him for quite some time.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:19:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ward would have won the seat last time if not for that egotistical senile asshole arpaio
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kelli Ward
Paul Gosar
Andy Biggs

Agreed.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:19:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kelli Ward - Hell No
Paul Gosar Maybe
Andy Biggs Maybe

Whats wrong with Ward?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:37:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Whats wrong with Ward?
View Quote

The AZ GOP is in shambles and she's the one in charge.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:48:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whats wrong with Ward?

isn't that due to the mccain/gope faction?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:19:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whats wrong with Ward?

Exactly.
We need to purge the party of the McCain flunkies and the Doug Ducey's of the Arizona GOP.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:57:01 AM EDT
[#11]
While they did not win this last go around,
I do think Anne Ward ( ran against gosar and lost) would be a solid choice. Met her at my VFW post and gave a very good impression
Also Travis Angry ( I hate to say it but his race could play a positive role with the mid left and sheep)
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:32:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Whatever is causing it, the 2020 election was not pretty for Republicans statewide.  Fresh faces and new ideas are sorely needed, candidate recycling is not.  Ducey, Brnovich, McSally, Ward, Arpaio, Flake, anybody named McCain all need to go.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:46:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Whats wrong with Ward?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kelli Ward - Hell No
Paul Gosar Maybe
Andy Biggs Maybe

Whats wrong with Ward?

Too badly smeared by the media already.

They're gonna smear anyone we run regardless, but we need to at least start with someone the brainwashed masses haven't already been trained to hate.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:08:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Whats wrong with Ward?
View Quote
What has she done for the party?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:01:49 PM EDT
[#15]
What happened to Matt salmon
Schweikert
Jim Waring
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:26:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So Ducey is out of the race and the AZ GOP has censured a bunch of Rinos - who do we have on the bench?
I remember being impressed by Paul Babeau at Tea Party Rallies - I know he lost to O'Halleran for Congress but is he still a state-wide contender?
BTW he seems able to keep his private life private and I have a lot of respect for that.  What's the consensus on this guy?
View Quote

Probably been busy threatening to deport his latest boyfriend

https://www.npr.org/2012/02/20/147164906/outed-arizona-sheriff-threatened-to-deport-boyfriend

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:14:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I've been impressed with Wendy Rogers - she represents District 6 in the State Senate and doesn't appear to shy away from a fight, but she just got elected.  Air Force veteran but, unlike McSally, was all in for Trump.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:02:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hadn't heard Ducey wasn't running.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:28:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

he shit the bed bigly with his mega-karen response to the coof. no way he gets elected to anything in the future
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:34:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

he shit the bed bigly with his mega-karen response to the coof. no way he gets elected to anything in the future
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree, he did, but I don't think that'll stop him.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:15:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I've been impressed with Wendy Rogers - she represents District 6 in the State Senate and doesn't appear to shy away from a fight, but she just got elected.  Air Force veteran but, unlike McSally, was all in for Trump.
View Quote

Her election history is horrible.  Almost as bad as McSallys.

2010 - Lost State Senate D17 to Dem by 4,000 votes
2012 - Lost R primary for US D9
2014 - Lost US Senate race to Sinema 54% to 42%
2016 - Lost US House D1 primary to Babeu 30% to 22% (Babeu was later smoked (figuratively) by O'Halleran 51% to 43%)
2018 - Lost US House D1 to O'Halleran 54% to 46%
2020 - Won Finally found a race she could win and beat French 55% to 45%
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 10:39:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Mark Lamb?
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 6:17:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Tiffany Shedd. Background so clean you could eat off it. HUGE 2 A supporter, mother to Native American kids, former schoolteacher, lawyer, farmer and sharp as a tack.  Well spoken with solid credentials and has her head on straight. Lost to the O'Halleran but should have wiped the floor with him.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Tiffany Shedd. Background so clean you could eat off it. HUGE 2 A supporter, mother to Native American kids, former schoolteacher, lawyer, farmer and sharp as a tack.  Well spoken with solid credentials and get her head on straight. Lost to the O'Halleran but should have wiped the floor with him.
View Quote

I like Shedd, but I just don't see how we win with someone that can't win a House race in a R +1 district.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 7:27:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Tiffany Shedd. Background so clean you could eat off it. HUGE 2 A supporter, mother to Native American kids, former schoolteacher, lawyer, farmer and sharp as a tack.  Well spoken with solid credentials and has her head on straight. Lost to the O'Halleran but should have wiped the floor with him.
View Quote

so why didn't she?
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 8:26:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

so why didn't she?
View Quote

Does the name 'Dominion' ring a bell?
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 8:46:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ding ding. She was favored to win.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 11:48:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

so why didn't she?

do you have anything to back that up?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top